Introducing Bruno Puplet

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
nancy reagan

download doesnt work for me

#21 Post by nancy reagan »

Dingo wrote:
hayagix wrote:Download link comes up 404.
added a mirror on dokupuppy:

http://puppylover.netsons.org/dokupuppy ... runo_puppy
download doesnt work for me I "choose" regular bur nothing happens.

Rapidshare better place ?

Dingo

#22 Post by Dingo »

Nancy, you must enable scripts if you are using noscript, or, wait for 15 sec delay before download (look at right bottom of page), download link is working without problems; rapidshare is an horrible hosting service
replace .co.cc with .info to get access to stuff I posted in forum
dropbox 2GB free
OpenOffice for Puppy Linux

nancy reagan

?

#23 Post by nancy reagan »

Dingo wrote:Nancy, you must enable scripts if you are using noscript, or, wait for 15 sec delay before download (look at right bottom of page), download link is working without problems; rapidshare is an horrible hosting service
Thanks, however I dunno know whether I am running scripts (poor tweakers with a roaming fancy reagan here).

I agreed to accept all certificates yes yes yes, then I entered the code and choose not premium, but nothing happs.

Is this because I run puppy pfix=noram ?

If not how do I "enable scripts".

Thanks again.

Dingo

#24 Post by Dingo »

As I already said...

look at BOTTOM-RIGHT OF PAGE! (for counter)

then click download file
replace .co.cc with .info to get access to stuff I posted in forum
dropbox 2GB free
OpenOffice for Puppy Linux

musher0

#25 Post by musher0 »

Hello, all.

I agree with Lobster, who summed it up nicely last Friday:

> Bruno achieves a simple, solid and complete everyday Puppy. :)

Yep. Everything's included, it's a burn-and-go Puppy -- haven't seen that in a little while! If you make it into a live DVD, you don't need a netbook or even your own computer -- and you're still as mobile as can be!

No noticeable problems, too. Yay!

For the record, my download of the bigger Bruno puppy (551.9 Mg) clocked in at +/- 40 minutes from the "brainwavedesigncentral" site, and I have only "medium band" (512k maximum). That was last Saturday.

Good show, BigMike! Thanks much, and keep it up!
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Bligh

#26 Post by Bligh »

Thanks, Bruno looks like a good well rounded pup. Haven't tried everything yet, booting live cd. Download was quick, I used the archives. I like it.
Cheers

James C

#27 Post by James C »

Looks good. Great job........ :)

P123

#28 Post by P123 »

musher0
PostPosted: Yesterday, at 13:18 Post subject:
Hello, all.

I agree with Lobster, who summed it up nicely last Friday:

> Bruno achieves a simple, solid and complete everyday Puppy. Smile

Yep. Everything's included, it's a burn-and-go Puppy -- haven't seen that in a little while! If you make it into a live DVD, you don't need a netbook or even your own computer -- and you're still as mobile as can be!

No noticeable problems, too. Yay!

For the record, my download of the bigger Bruno puppy (551.9 Mg) clocked in at +/- 40 minutes from the "brainwavedesigncentral" site, and I have only "medium band" (512k maximum). That was last Saturday.

Good show, BigMike! Thanks much, and keep it up!

Could somebody please tell me where I can find the best demonstration of how to create a live DVD from a puplet? I know that somebody (or a lot of people) will say use the search option but I tried that & it threw up too many (107 topics) most or which are nothing to do with my search only the keywords (searched for words) appear somewhere in a post.

Please remember I am a newbie.

SportsGeek

Which version of oO is included?

#29 Post by SportsGeek »

Wow.. Looks exciting!

I'm downloading now...

1. Which version of oO? 3.0? 3.2?
Do you have the version details on your pages?

2. How large of a USB is required? How much RAM?

Thanks BigMike.

DC

#31 Post by DC »

Hi BigMike,

Looks very nice, I like the idea of a menu for wine.
Your icons look really good with a blue background (close enough.jpg)

edit - problems:
could not find opera anywhere.
tried to do a full install (x3) to my laptop. does not see my usb keyboard or mouse. tried reselecting keyboard and mouse, xorgwizard etc.
live cd everything works fine
when booting it seems like its had a power failure ie checks usb ports

thanks

DC
Last edited by DC on Tue 09 Mar 2010, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.

sullysat

#32 Post by sullysat »

So.....

Does anybody know BigMike? Its kinda weird that we wouldn't see any response from him since the release of this puplet.

Hope everything is cool.

Sully
Puppy Files Mirror - [b][url]http://www.wisdom-seekers.com/puppy.html[/url][/b]
Classic Puppy Page - [b][url]http://www.wisdom-seekers.com/puppy214x.html[/url][/b]

smokey01

#33 Post by smokey01 »

Could somebody please tell me where I can find the best demonstration of how to create a live DVD from a puplet? I know that somebody (or a lot of people) will say use the search option but I tried that & it threw up too many (107 topics) most or which are nothing to do with my search only the keywords (searched for words) appear somewhere in a post.

Please remember I am a newbie.
I'm not sure what you are trying to do but I will assume you are trying to create a live DVD of Bruno Puppy. I will also make the assumption that you currently use windows7.

1. Download the Bruno-pup-2.0.iso
2. Click on the Windows start menu
3. Where it says search programs and files, type isoburn Bruno-pup-2.0.iso
4. Make sure to put a new DVD in your DVD drive
5. Press enter and this should create your live DVD

When your DVD has finished simply reboot your computer and the live DVD will load. The boot sequence of your computer must be set to boot from CD/DVD before the Hard Drive though.

The Geffez

#34 Post by The Geffez »

please can someone post a mirror other than the ones already there

raffy

how to build puplet

#35 Post by raffy »

P123:

This one shall give you an idea about remastering Puppy Linux
http://minipc.org/safepup/index.php?file=How%20to%20Build.htm
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

ninrode

puppy linux Bruno v.4.3.1

#36 Post by ninrode »

Dear BigMike!
I really liked your version of Bruno, however, is lacking support for keyboard users - ABNT 2.
With this difficulty, the people here in Brazil can not use your puppy!
A big hug!

elglobie

#37 Post by elglobie »

Does this run like puppy linux completely in the RAM ?

P123

Thank you

#38 Post by P123 »

Thank you for your help.

Sorry for the delay in saying thank you but for some reason this forum will only let me login using Firefox. & Youtube does not work properly with Firefox (well the version I have does not anyway).

I'll give it ago later.

ImmigrantUS

Successful install! with issues + ??

#39 Post by ImmigrantUS »

! Successfully FULL installed Bruno pup (without OO) on HD of second PC - PIII 1 GHz, 256 MB SDRAM, 60 GB HD, onboard video.
Checked md5sum, naturally.

Some issues: Was getting stumbled during install several times on Xorg...
Would not progress after choosing any video resolution... just go to black screen with faint red hue... Same stumble if choosing Xvesa... only displaying checkered field, no progress... Solved this by trying to run Xorg config right before choosing resolution - went to desktop quickly after that.

1. ? Anybody figured out how to find Opera browser and make it usable - icon on desktop? Now it's neither on desktop, nor in Internet menu.

2. ? How to make PC to shutdown completely? Now it goes to shutdown, then says system halted, white text and blinking cursor on black background, and sits at it until hard power button press shutdown.

3. ? During boot goes thru USB checks - never saw it before?..

4. ? Portable application window (clicking on wine icon) opens in lower right corner with its buttons almost entirely blocked by bottom panel... Unsure what it's for at all...

5. ? Most serious concern - I tried to use Wine, and installed Garfield Typing Pal successfully, althou no icon came on desktop, drugging .exe icon into desktop makes it look generic Windows without recognition of program specific graphic - any way to make it original, as designed by developers of a program?

6.??? HELP!!! I tried to make use of your "Symbolic link of Wine drive" by drugging it to desktop, then realized that it doesn't have a list of installed Windows programs, and... tried to delete it... and now it's gone from / directory, but sits on desktop and doesn't point anywhere... Sorry... ? - What to do to get it back functional and how to use it properly?
The puzzling part is after deleting it doesn't appear in trash?!...

7. ? Is it okay, possible to upgrade an existing applications - SeaMonkey, Firefox, Opera? Or are they older versions for a reason?

8. ? Is it possible to make dual keyboard layouts switching permanent? AND put an indicator on a panel? I do switching, but next boot it doesn't work...

Will appreciate your help!
Thanks in advance for advice!
Last edited by ImmigrantUS on Tue 30 Mar 2010, 17:48, edited 2 times in total.

Bligh

#40 Post by Bligh »

Concerned, we haven't heard from the op. Interesting Pup. I always run live with a save2 file, I am having some issues with Bruno and 431 on the same disk. They swap files back and forth, I usually get the Bruno desktop without all of the apps (firefox and opera). I suspect that a Bruno file can be modified to get it to look more than one directory deep for it;s files.
Cheers