Printing from Puppeee with an HP2180

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
BJF

Printing from Puppeee with an HP2180

#1 Post by BJF »

The forum has seen a few posts from me concerning my love-hate relationship with my HP PSC 2180,and Puppy. In short, no words or even a test page has been printed that came from a functional Puppy install on my machinery. Though I aint the sharpest knife in the box, I have really tried hard. This printer works well on PCLOS and EeePCLOS on a two lappies and an Eeep 701 with all the Python rubbish that comes with HPLIP, but won't with HPLIPLite and its dependencies.
My current love affair is with Jemimah's Puppeee 4.31 Beta's 3.4 and 3.5. They do everything I need an Eeep to do except print. I have followed lluanco's directions and installed HPLIPLite and dependencies, stopped and started CUPS, installed the printer on USB#1 with CUPS' 2100 driver, and then later with the 2170 driver. No test page prints, nor a test document, in either instance. The job does not arrive at the Jobs Waiting queue. Xane finds the scanner straight off though, if that helps.
Currently, printing from the 701 requires that the work be saved out, EeePCLOS fired up, and printing accomplished from there. Can anyone help me with unraveling the blockage in Puppeee please? Disciple, are you there?
Thanks

rcrsn51

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

Could you please clarify what the precise model number is for your printer? In your other thread, you refer to it as an "F2180 PSC" but here it's just a "PSC 2180".

The HPLIP web site doesn't even list a PSC 2180, but they do have a Deskjet F2180.

BJF

#3 Post by BJF »

It is labelled as a "Hewlett Packard Deskjet F2180 All-in-One Printer Scanner Copier", I just checked. If I have led anyone astray with varied descriptions of the thing over the years. Perhaps I should retrace my steps and positively ensure that I haven't been trying to impose a wrong driver on the poor thing and screwing it all up.

rcrsn51

#4 Post by rcrsn51 »

The latest HPLIP/HPIJS 3.9.12 packages include the "Deskjet F2100 Series" printer that should work with your model. Install it, print a test page and watch for error messages.
...and an Eeep 701 with all the Python rubbish that comes with HPLIP,...
Was this in Puppy?