Coming Soon: Fluppy for netbooks, widescreens, smallscreens

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
jemimah

#141 Post by jemimah »

I've posted a new version of the Fluppy WMPack and moved the download to the first post of this thread.

This is a bugfix release. I moved the panel start up from /root/Startup/ to .flwmrc. This is faster, and then only starts the panels when you run Flwm. I fixed a few bugs in the installer as well and a problem with RoxMenu. Please let me know if you find any more bugs.

kazzamozz

Fluppy

#142 Post by kazzamozz »

Installed fluppy pet on 701SD installs, says it has installed correctly but I can then no longer reboot, shutdown, or go to console.
If I uninstall it all works again, has anyone else had this problem?

jemimah

#143 Post by jemimah »

Sometimes the install hangs up jwm so it won't stop when requested. If this happens, just press ctrl-alt-backspace to kill X, then press ctrl-alt-delete to reboot. I haven't figured out why this happens yet.

bremer

Coming Soon: Fluppy for netbooks, widescreens, smallscreens

#144 Post by bremer »

I like to use the FLWM on a touchscreen. With a stylus touching the buttons is easy, but for touching them with my fingers, the size of the buttons should be bigger. How can I change the size of the Buttons and the fontsize of the menuentries?

jemimah

#145 Post by jemimah »

You'll need to recompile the source code. You can download it here: http://drop.io/jemimah. The settings are in config.h, modify to taste and 'make'. Let me know if you need help with this.

jemimah

#146 Post by jemimah »

Ok, I built a version with large buttons and menus. Decompress it and put it /usr/local/bin, then restart flwm.

Is this too big? Let me know what you think.
Attachments
flwm.gz
(167.25 KiB) Downloaded 768 times

bremer

How can I make the Buttons in the sidebar bigger?

#147 Post by bremer »

Hello, I didn't expect, that you modify FLWM so quickly. I had to put the unzipped flwm into /user/bin/ otherwhise it happened nothing.

No, the buttons are not too big on my T91 9"-screen, for my opinion they could be bigger. Thank you for your work.

Timmi

Re: Coming Soon: Fluppy for netbooks, widescreens, smallscreens

#148 Post by Timmi »

jemimah wrote:Ideas? Suggestions? What would you like to see in a netbook version of puppy?
First of all, it's about time something like FLWM was made available for wide screens! (it's crazy how much real-estate is wasted vertically... you practically have little slot openings in your windows now the way programs are designed). I've been using the vertical maximize option in Mint-ubuntu and it's definitely more useful than standard maximize.

You asked for suggestions... well, a lot of our window arranging is done so we can easily get to them, without dragging our pointer all the way to the taskpanel. Maybe with a right-click anywhere on the desktop, the first items that pop up in a list would be the open applications? A bit like the menu in fluxbox or xfce (except you'd get to customize it, starting with apps instead of with config stuff you're not supposed to need anymore once your 'puter is set).

jemimah

#149 Post by jemimah »

The Fluppy thread is here now.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=56156

I recommend Alt-Tab for fast task switching in Flwm.