Cclive video extraction utility - now with gui

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
mikeb

#41 Post by mikeb »

Any clue as to what dependancy gives this
undefined symbol: _ZN7pcrecpp2RE6no_argE

mike

don't worry....its pcrecpp....can see it in there....
this stuff makes windows update look sedentary.

Looking at the changelog the gui I made for 0.4.7 should work apart from the mysterious now non default format fmt34.
The size is growing exponentially too.

aragon

#42 Post by aragon »

mikeb wrote:The size is growing exponentially too.
some kb's might be the docs, license,... i try to act a little more correctly in terms of FOSS...

aragon

mikeb

#43 Post by mikeb »

I meant the binary but no problem...its still a useful application.
Had to fiddle with bash as what works in the terminal does not work in a script and this was upsetting the detection of running wget downloads with spaces in names...attachments updated.
I will check if any changes needed for the latest cclive later....

mike

actually ps on other distros needs extra options so will add those to as puppy's willl ignore them.

mikeb

#44 Post by mikeb »

Ok...only difference was a couple of new formats so added them....will still work on 0.4.7 just with the formats it can handle which is given in the 'hosts' list anyway....attachment updated.

mike

aragon

#45 Post by aragon »

hi mike,

just tested your gui with 0.5.7 with 2 youtube-vids, worked well, the view-option is neat :D

aragon

mikeb

#46 Post by mikeb »

Oh good :)
Well ps -ef is compatible with the non busybox ps and the busybox one ignores it so I'll throw that in there.
just tested your gui with 0.5.7 with 2 youtube-vids, worked well, the view-option is neat
I think he's sticking with how cclive outputs data so that makes life easier. The view option was intended for machines that cannot keep up with adobe's test machines :lol:

mike

aragon

#47 Post by aragon »

mikeb wrote:The view option was intended for machines that cannot keep up with adobe's test machines
shit, i'm not allowed to use this... :cry:

Eathray

Not working

#48 Post by Eathray »

I tried installing two of the versions, I have pup 4.2.5. Neither seems to work and I can't find any place where they have installed to.

eathray

aragon

Re: Not working

#49 Post by aragon »

Eathray wrote:I tried installing two of the versions, I have pup 4.2.5. Neither seems to work and I can't find any place where they have installed to.

eathray
cclive installs to /usr/bin.

you could allways test for the path of apps (if you know the name...) with

Code: Select all

which [appname]

in a terminal, so for our example

which cclive
to help you more, please post which version of what (cclive, pcclive, ...) you've installed and how you tried to run it.

by the way, what is puppy 4.25?

aragon

Eathray

Re: Not working

#50 Post by Eathray »

aragon wrote:
Eathray wrote:I tried installing two of the versions, I have pup 4.2.5. Neither seems to work and I can't find any place where they have installed to.

eathray
cclive installs to /usr/bin.

you could allways test for the path of apps (if you know the name...) with

which [appname]

in a terminal, so for our example

which cclive

to help you more, please post which version of what (cclive, pcclive, ...) you've installed and how you tried to run it.

by the way, what is puppy 4.25?

aragon

Thanks for getting back to me, aragon. Quite by accident, I discovered a really simple solution. Firefox has a video capture plug-in:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006

Puppy 4.2.5 is apparently Puppy 4.3, which is what I tried to download. I don't know why, but that's what my system calls itself. (Early release??)

Thanks again

Eathray

sindi

Does older cclive still work at youtube?

#51 Post by sindi »

I tried CLI and the GUI, both versions (for puppy 4.0-4.2 and 4.3) and get assorted error messages trying to download a youtube video. Do the older versions of cclive (0.2.6 and 0.5.7) still work at youtube? Stable version is now 0.7, dev 0.9.