lameSMBxplorer v0.2.2 beta

Under development: PCMCIA, wireless, etc.
HairyWill

#21 Post by HairyWill »

2. Above happens because smbclient gets upset about the modified IFS.
This is particularly nasty if you try mounting a share as a user with no password. Smbclient hangs waiting for a password on stdin, for me this locked up X completely.

Here is a patch for 1. and 2. I have also enabled three extra icons that show when smbclient is still scanning, there are no shares to mount, the share is currently mounted. Supply your own icons.

I have backgrounded the smbclient scan (I know you are not keen) This might create a race condition editing the server shares file if the user keeps clicking the server. (I'm too tired and not sure). It ought to be possible to run all the smbclient calls in parallel. If I tried starting this on my machine at uni nbtscan, might manage to return 100 servers in 1 second this would keep smbclient busy for a very long time. I realise that environment is somewhat extreme but it might be worth considering

Another use case you might consider is allowing direct entry of the ip of a server to connect to.

Code: Select all

--- /usr/local/lameSMBxplorer/lameSMBxplorer	2010-01-03 00:08:08.000000000 +0000
+++ lameSMBExplorer.hw1	2010-01-11 14:24:54.000000000 +0000
@@ -87,6 +87,9 @@
 style "gtk-smb-tree" {
  stock["lamesmb-server"] = {{"lamesmb.png"}}
  stock["lamesmb-share"] = {{"lameshr.png"}}
+ stock["lamesmb-noshares"] = {{"lamenoshrs.png"}}
+ stock["lamesmb-scanning"] = {{"lamescanning.png"}}
+ stock["lamesmb-mounted"] = {{"lamemounted.png"}}
  base[NORMAL] = "#FFFFF0"
  text[NORMAL] = "#0041BD"
  GtkTreeView::odd_row_color = "#f4f4f4"
@@ -171,9 +174,17 @@
   OIFS=$IFS; IFS=$'\n'
   for OneServer in $(<$nbtFile)
   do
+	IFS=$OIFS
 	SvrNBT=${OneServer#*|}
 	SvrIP=${SvrNBT}; SvrIP=${SvrIP/|*}
-	SvrNBT=${SvrNBT#*|}; SvrNBT=${SvrNBT/|*}
+	echo "lamesmb-scanning|..Still Scanning..|lameSMBExplorer">"$shrFile.$SvrIP"
+  done
+  for OneServer in $(<$nbtFile)
+  do
+	IFS=$OIFS
+	SvrNBT=${OneServer#*|}
+	SvrIP=${SvrNBT}; SvrIP=${SvrIP/|*}
+	SvrNBT=${SvrNBT#*|}; SvrNBT=${SvrNBT/|*}; SvrNBT=$(echo $SvrNBT | sed 's/[ ]*$//')
 	SvrMAC=${OneServer/*|}
 	# This filter needs rethinking ...
 	if [ "$SvrMAC" = "00-00-00-00-00-00" ]; then
@@ -191,7 +202,8 @@
 	if [ "$shrList" ]; then
 	  echo "$shrList" >"$shrFile.$SvrIP"
 	else
-	  :>"$shrFile.$SvrIP"
+	  #:>"$shrFile.$SvrIP"
+	echo "lamesmb-noshares|..No Shares..|lameSMBExplorer">"$shrFile.$SvrIP"
 	fi
 	[ "$shtty" ] && echo "$shrList">$shtty
   done
@@ -201,8 +213,28 @@

function LookUpShares()
 {
+  :>$shrFile
   [ "$shtty" ] && echo "LookUpShares:$ServerIP">$shtty
-  cp "$shrFile.$ServerIP" $shrFile
+  nbtName=$(awk -F"|" '{if ($2 == "'$ServerIP'") {print $3"|"$7}}' $nbtFile)
+  dmnName=$(echo ${nbtName#*|})
+  nbtName=$(echo ${nbtName/|*})
+  OIFS=$IFS; IFS=$'\n'
+  for OneShare in $(<"$shrFile.$ServerIP")
+  do
+	IFS=$OIFS
+	ShareName=${OneShare#*|};ShareName=${ShareName/|*}
+	mountchk=$($imount | grep -c "/mnt/network/$nbtName/$ShareName ")
+    if [ $mountchk -eq 0 ]; then
+      if [ "${OneShare#*|*|}" = "lameSMBExplorer" ]; then
+        echo ${OneShare} >> $shrFile
+      else
+        echo 'lamesmb-share|'${OneShare#*|} >> $shrFile
+      fi
+    else
+      echo 'lamesmb-mounted|'${OneShare#*|} >> $shrFile
+    fi
+  done
+  cp $shrFile "$shrFile.$ServerIP" 
 }

function MountShare()
@@ -366,7 +398,7 @@
   $gtkdApp -p lameScanBox -c 2>&1 >/dev/null &
   spid=$!
   ScanNBT
-  FindShares
+  FindShares &
   [ -e /proc/$spid ] && kill $spid &>/dev/null
 }

Will
contribute: [url=http://www.puppylinux.org]community website[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/6c3nm6]screenshots[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/6j2gbz]puplets[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/57gykn]wiki[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/5dgr83]rss[/url]

HairyWill

#22 Post by HairyWill »

More tweaking of lameSMBxplorer in 0.1.1 alpha
I have backgrounded all the calls to smbclient and run them in parallel (up to 6 at a time). The main window is up in less than 2 seconds and by the time I've managed to click on a server its shares list is ready 99% of the time. The scan progress window is pretty much redundant now and only gets to 10-15% anyway.

My Win 7 machine has a gigabit connection to my samba server through a single switch. When I first try to browse the network on it there is a delay of over 30 seconds while windows scans the network. What the hell is it doing!
Attachments
lameSMBxplorer.gz
(4.54 KiB) Downloaded 786 times
Will
contribute: [url=http://www.puppylinux.org]community website[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/6c3nm6]screenshots[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/6j2gbz]puplets[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/57gykn]wiki[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/5dgr83]rss[/url]

Patriot

#23 Post by Patriot »

Hmmm .....
HairyWill wrote: ...
1. SvrNBT may have white space on the end
2. smbclient is not recognising a space inside cred
3. I don't think this is causing a problem but are you sure the correct number of backslashes are passed. I think forward slashes work as well. ...
Thanks Will, I'll have them all fixed for next update ... No 1 & 2 above is my bad and no 3 is my typo ..... I've grabbed your patch and will see how it goes ...

The next update may probably be sometime next week (if not sooner)... I'm currently on limited dial-up as I got hit by a sudden lightning "storm" yesterday ... A few of my PSUs were toasted crispy ... so, it'll be a few days for me to get back to normal ... our ISP is also working on getting my line back up as we have determined that my line equipment is unaffected ...

In the mean time, I was allowed access to a win2003 server for a week to work on the connection issues.

Rgds

shinobar

mount options

#24 Post by shinobar »

Hi patriot,
I am testing version 0.1.1 alpha.
Nice program.

Two issus as for the mount options.
1st: file_mode and dir_mode require 4 digits.
2nd: iocharset should be set to 'utf8'.

Next is the diff.

# diff  lameSMBxplorer.old  lameSMBxplorer
224c224
<   mntOpts=$mntOpts",uid=0,gid=0,file_mode=755,dir_mode=755"
---
>   mntOpts=$mntOpts",uid=0,gid=0,file_mode=0755,dir_mode=0755,iocharset=utf8"
tnx

disciple

#25 Post by disciple »

Good work guys :)

It would be nice if it printed the actual commands it runs to the terminal.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

8-bit

#26 Post by 8-bit »

Running Puppy 431.
Wired network PC running XP and filesharing set up on it.
Pnethood finds the XP PC fine and also finds the shares on it as SharedDocs and $Print.
I can supply a username and mount the SharedDocs.

But....
LameSMB finds the XP PC.
When I single-click on the XP PC shown under server, it shows No Shares.

If I supply a username and hit refresh, it is forever scanning.

So what am I doing wrong?

Patriot

#27 Post by Patriot »

Hmmm .....
8-bit wrote:Running Puppy 431. ........
When I single-click on the XP PC shown under server, it shows No Shares. ..........
Please check whether it is a simple share or not. If its not, please use v0.1.3b and set the global user/password options and re-scan again ... Kindly let me know how it goes .....

Rgds

Patriot

#28 Post by Patriot »

Hmmm .....

There was a reason for the MAC address filter. In a network without proper (windows) DNS/WINS/Hosts, name resolution for samba server seems to intermittently fail (with smbclient) and there's a long delay before it timeouts (ex: on small networks with dhcp/internet access). There are two (2) quick solutions that I know of :
a) client smb.conf is configured to a valid WINS server and the samba server is registered on said WINS server (yes, smbclient does parses smb.conf).
b) query using the samba server IP address.

Proper WINS configuration of smb.conf file cannot be relied upon as in a small network environment (which is the current scope of lameSMBxplorer), a WINS server is regularly non-existent (that's the case I usually encounter anyway). As far as I know (and yeah, I don't know much), there is no known guaranteed method to find a WINS server availability. It is a known "feature" of samba servers to return zeros MAC (due to the overhead required to provide such functionality) and so I'm using this filter to speed up samba server queries.

I like the parallel smbclient runs, it does seem to speed things up. I'd need a bit more time to see how to balance it nicely and to be considered for later ... For now, smbclient will use bcast+wins scanning to reduce delay. A background browse cache method is on the drawing board and will be worked on soon ...

I've spent two days worth of fiddling with connections to a win2003 server, lameSMBxplorer is now able to scan and mount shares properly. For scanning, the global username and password should be set accordingly. Mounting a win2003 shares should generally work okay provided that you have the correct access rights ...

I've seen reports on the net of NAS using incompatible SMB protocol (modified/proprietary implementation). If anyone is having issues with such a NAS device, please check with the manufacturer regarding the OS that it supports. Workaround connection to such a NAS may be possible but it depends on what was changed, etc ...

Thanks and appreciation goes to eden6000, HairyWill and shinobar for their input ...

Rgds

Patriot

released: lameSMBxplorer v0.1.3 beta

#29 Post by Patriot »

Hmmm .....

Good things comes to those who wait ..... :)

I've been working on the connection issues for the past week. Many many small but important changes were made between v0.1.1a and v0.1.3b (v0.1.2a is an internal test version and was not released).

Highlights of v0.1.3 beta:
1. Share mount status icon implemented. (Widget refresh method is being reviewed).
2. Option to close any fuser when un-mounting share(s).
3. Avoid external dns lookups (for dhcp net connections) by resetting samba generic cache on startup. This results in quicker name resolution for NBT name query.
4. Server share query time reduced by using bcast+wins only.
5. Global options saving function implemented.
6. Initial tests with win2003 server connections was successful.
7. Many bugs were squashed and several suggestions was considered for implementation.

Note: domain/user/password is stored in plain text. However, these are not saved by default and will only be saved if selected in the global option (there's no point password encryption of password). If security is of utmost importance to you, do not save them.

Currently, the background browse cache is not yet available. It is a separate script option that starts on bootup. Once (if) integrated, shares listing is expected to be similar to windows behaviour. However, this may take a while to properly implement.

Rgds

eden6000

#30 Post by eden6000 »

Hi Patriot, great work! Now it scans and correctly connects to the shared servers...I think some additional work can be done on the scanning time, as in my network it takes about 50 seconds to scan the entire network (but consider that we have around 100servers....)

shinobar

two lines wrong?

#31 Post by shinobar »

Hi pariot,
testing v0.1.3 beta on puppy431JP.
think 2 lines are wrong.

# diff lameSMBxplorer.old lameSMBxplorer
277,278c277,278
<   [ "$gnoxattr" ] && mntOpts=$mntOpts",nouser_xattr"
<   [ "$guseutf8" ] && mntOpts=$mntOpts",iocharset=utf8"
---
>   [ "$gnoxattr" = "true"  ] && mntOpts=$mntOpts",nouser_xattr"
>   [ "$guseutf8" = "true" ] && mntOpts=$mntOpts",iocharset=utf8"

Patriot

Re: two lines wrong?

#32 Post by Patriot »

Hmmm .....
eden6000 wrote:........ in my network it takes about 50 seconds to scan the entire network (but consider that we have around 100servers....)
Thanks for the positive report, I appreciate it .....

Whooaaa, scanning shares for 100 servers (from zero) in less than a minute is quite FAST. I believe that HairyWill's method of parallel smbclient runs can cut this down by 2/3 ... At the back of my mind, I'm also a bit concerned about traffic. I'm thinking of having a browse cache on bootup so that the impact on traffic is minimum (this should mimic the behavior on windows where it takes a few minutes to fill the windows neighborhood) ... Using a browse cache, shares listing will seem like instantaneous ... so, let's see how this goes .....
shinobar wrote:

>   [ "$gnoxattr" = "true"  ] && mntOpts=$mntOpts",nouser_xattr"
>   [ "$guseutf8" = "true" ] && mntOpts=$mntOpts",iocharset=utf8"
Good catch shinobar! Now fixed, Thanks ...

A minor bugfix release will follow in 24 hours if there's no more minor bug reports ...

Rgds

Patriot

released: lameSMBxplorer v0.1.4 beta

#33 Post by Patriot »

Hmmm .....

lameSMBxplorer v0.1.4 beta is essentially a bugfix release. Several minor bugs were discovered that may interfere with GUI mount selection/status during recent tests ...

Portions from the changelog for v0.1.4b:
- changed: mount status check method replaced.
- bugfix: LookUpShares mount white spaces parsing.
- bugfix: LookUpShares mount status check may overlap.
- bugfix: LookUpMounts ShareName quoting check.
- bugfix: global fuser var name typo.
- bugfix: nouser_xattr & iocharset condition check. (shinobar)
- bugfix: defunctlist to parse all process.

Rgds

8-bit

#34 Post by 8-bit »

I am going crazy here.
I tried both version 1.3 and 1.4 beta and have problems with both versions.
When I started the program, it found the computer that runs XP and showed it. But no shares were shown. That is even clicking on the XP computer shown. So I tried the Options button.
It brought up the Options window and I entered my usergroup name in the Domain box and Guest in the username box.
When I clicked on the OK button the window did not close
WI closed the window with the x in the upper right hand corner.
A refresh gave the same results.
There were never any shares shown in that area and no message of no shares either.
Out of curiosity, I uninstalled gtkdialog3-pe1.pet and the OK button in the Options window worked.
But still no shares shown.
Pnethood seems to find them fine.
This is all in Puppy 431 SCSI kernel 2.6.30.5.
I then rebooted to Dpup 484 b2 and installed LameSMBxporer there.
It worked fine in Dpup.
I have yet to try it on a pristine install of Puppy 431 SCSI with no save file loaded and see if it works there.
If so, I may have a broken gtkdialog3 or broken networking in some area.

I also tried starting it from a terminal window and it would stop at showing Getting List for RAMONAS-COMPAQ:192.168.1.4
If I clicked on "RAMONAS-COMPAQ, the terminal window would then show LookUpShares:192.168.1.4
But that was as far as I got.

Maybe it is time to junk my install of Puppy 431 SCSI with the 3gig pupsave file and start over.

8-bit

#35 Post by 8-bit »

I just booted to Puppy 431 which I had previously installed frugal and installed lameSMBxplorer v.4 and it failed to find shares until I set up the options of Domain, username, and save username/password.
It then showed the shares when clicking on the PC/server shown and I was able to double-click on the share to get access to it.
This was without the update Patriot gtkdialog3 pet installed.
I will now install it here and see if the previous problem reappears.
EDIT:
Went back and installed gtkdialog3-0.7.20-pe1-i486.pet.
The OK button in the Options window stopped working.
I was still able to find and display shares.
It was using the options from before that install though so I still do not know if I just have a corrupted system on my Puppy 431 SCSI frugal install.

8-bit

#36 Post by 8-bit »

As a followup, this is the list of installed packages I installed and kept on Puppy 4.3.1 SCSI:

python-2.5|python|2.5||BuildingBlock|11476K|pet_packages-4|python-2.5.pet||Python programmming|puppy|4|official|
PySolFC-1.1-i486|PySolFC|1.1-i486||Fun|||PySolFC-1.1-i486.pet|||
pysol-music-4.82-i486|pysol-music|4.82-i486|||||pysol-music-4.82-i486.pet|||
pysol-extra-cards-4.82-i486|pysol-extra-cards|4.82-i486|||||pysol-extra-cards-4.82-i486.pet|||
pysol-4.82-i486|pysol|4.82-i486||Fun|||pysol-4.82-i486.pet|||
SDL-1.2.13-i386|SDL|1.2.13-i386|||||SDL-1.2.13-i386.pet|||
SDL_image-1.2.6-i386|SDL_image|1.2.6-i386|||||SDL_image-1.2.6-i386.pet|||
sdl_mixer-timidityhack|||||||sdl_mixer-timidityhack.pet|||
TkHearts-0.90|TkHearts|0.90||Fun|||TkHearts-0.90.pet|||
SDL_mixer-1.2.8-i386-mod-smpeg|SDL_mixer|1.2.8-i386-mod-smpeg|||||SDL_mixer-1.2.8-i386-mod-smpeg.pet|||
bubbles-1.0.2a|bubbles|1.0.2a||Fun|68K|pet_packages-3|bubbles-1.0.2a.pet||Shoot the bubbles game|
tcltk-8.5.2|tcltk|8.5.2|||||tcltk-8.5.2.pet|||
tcltk8.5.3||||Utility|||tcltk8.5.3.pet|||
xmahjongg-3.7-i486|xmahjongg|3.7-i486||Fun|||xmahjongg-3.7-i486.pet|||
alsa-streamtuner-2|alsa-streamtuner|2||Utility|||alsa-streamtuner-2.pet|||
streamripper-1.64.6|streamripper|1.64.6|||||streamripper-1.64.6.pet|||
SFS_Installer-1.0-430|SFS_Installer|1.0-430||utility|10K||SFS_Installer-1.0-430.pet||SFS Installer||||
||||||||||
pburn-3.1.2-1|pburn|3.1.2-1||Multimedia|316K|pet_packages-woof|pburn-3.1.2-1.pet|+pfilesearch,+cdrkit,+dvd+rwtools,+gtkdialog3,+normalize,+vcdimager|Pburn CD/DVD/Blu-ray writer|||official|
wormox-0.8.5-sfs4|wormox-0.8.5-sfs4|||||||||
concentration-1.2-i486|concentration|1.2-i486||Fun|||concentration-1.2-i486.pet|||
deb2pet.rpm2pet-0.0.4|deb2pet.rpm2pet|0.0.4|||||deb2pet.rpm2pet-0.0.4.pet|||
chkrootkit-0.48-i486|chkrootkit|0.48-i486|||||chkrootkit-0.48-i486.pet|||
libdumb1_0.9.3-5.1_i386|libdumb1_0.9.3|5.1_i386|||||libdumb1_0.9.3-5.1_i386.pet|||
liballegro4.2_4.2.2-2_i386|liballegro4.2_4.2.2|2_i386|||||liballegro4.2_4.2.2-2_i386.pet|||
libaldmb1_0.9.3-5.1_i386|libaldmb1_0.9.3|5.1_i386|||||libaldmb1_0.9.3-5.1_i386.pet|||
alex4_1.1-2_i386|alex4_1.1|2_i386||Utility|||alex4_1.1-2_i386.pet|||
alex4-data_1.1-2_all|alex4-data_1.1|2_all|||||alex4-data_1.1-2_all.pet|||
partclone_0.1.0-2_amd64|partclone_0.1.0|2_amd64|||||partclone_0.1.0-2_amd64.pet|||
abiword-2.8.1-i486|abiword|2.8.1-i486||BuildingBlock|3120K|pet_packages-4|abiword-2.8.1-i486.pet|+gtk+,+libwv,+goffice,+enchant|Compose, edit, and view documents|puppy|4|official|
gmanedit-0.4.2-i386|gmanedit|0.4.2-i386||Utility|||gmanedit-0.4.2-i386.pet|||
wine-1.1.23|wine|1.1.23||Utility|||wine-1.1.23.pet|||
xorg_xorg_dri-7.3-1|xorg_xorg_dri|7.3-1||BuildingBlock|19484K|pet_packages-4|xorg_xorg_dri-7.3-1.pet|+xorg_xorg_servers|adds DRI and GL capability|
DukeNukem3D_for_4.3.1||||Fun|||DukeNukem3D_for_4.3.1.pet|||
supertux||||Fun|||supertux.pet|||
sdl_mixer-timidityhack|||||||sdl_mixer-timidityhack.pet|||
SDL_mixer-1.2.8-i386-mod-smpeg|SDL_mixer|1.2.8-i386-mod-smpeg|||||SDL_mixer-1.2.8-i386-mod-smpeg.pet|||
seahaven-1.50-pup4|seahaven|1.50-pup4||Fun|64K|pet_packages-4|seahaven-1.50-pup4.pet||Seahaven card game|puppy|4|official|
lsof-4.78-i486-slxr|lsof|4.78-i486-slxr|||||lsof-4.78-i486-slxr.pet|||
Floppy_Formater-1.7|Floppy_Formater|1.7||System|100K|pet_packages-5|Floppy_Formater-1.7.pet|+gtkdialog3,+mkfs.msdos,+fdformat|Format floppy disks|debian|lenny|official|
unpackager-dragNdrop-1-i486-slxr|unpackager-dragNdrop|1-i486-slxr|||||unpackager-dragNdrop-1-i486-slxr.pet|||
FlashGames0.1||||Fun|||FlashGames0.1.pet|||
Ace_of_Penguins-1.2-i486|Ace_of_Penguins|1.2-i486||Fun|304K|pet_packages-4|Ace_of_Penguins-1.2-i486.pet||Game Pack|puppy|4|official|
dbus|||||||dbus.pet|||
dbus-glib|||||||dbus-glib.pet|||
Python+_431|Python+_431|||||||||
pysol-4.82-i486|pysol|4.82-i486||Fun|||pysol-4.82-i486.pet|||
python-2.5|python|2.5||BuildingBlock|11476K|pet_packages-4|python-2.5.pet||Python programmming|puppy|4|official|
pwidgets-2.2.1|pwidgets|2.2.1||Desktop|||pwidgets-2.2.1.pet|||
Fetchforum||||Internet|||Fetchforum.pet|||
openjigsaw-0.6|openjigsaw|0.6||Fun|||openjigsaw-0.6.pet|||
tuxblocks-1.0|tuxblocks|1.0||Fun|||tuxblocks-1.0.pet|||
xsudoky-1.0.7-i486|xsudoky|1.0.7-i486||Fun|||xsudoky-1.0.7-i486.pet|||
gnurobbo-0.64|gnurobbo|0.64||Fun|||gnurobbo-0.64.pet|||
qt4-4.3.2|qt4|4.3.2||BuildingBlock|9224K|pet_packages-4|qt4-4.3.2.pet|+openssl,+libmng,+cups,+sqlite|A portable widget library|
handbrake4.3-123009|handbrake4.3|123009||Multimedia|10712K|pet_packages-4|handbrake4.3-123009.pet||DVD Ripper|t2|puppy5|official|
Goggles-0.9.1-1.9.2|Goggles|0.9.1-1.9.2||Document|||Goggles-0.9.1-1.9.2.pet|||
tonicpoint||||Document|||tonicpoint.pet|||
java-1.6u17|java|1.6u17||Internet|106848K|pet_packages-4|java-1.6u17.pet||Java Runtime Environment|puppy|4|official|
Startmount-0.0.1|Startmount|0.0.1||Filesystem|44K|pet_packages-4|Startmount-0.0.1.pet||Choose drive to auto mount at boot|puppy|4|official|
xine_extra_codecs-1-1|xine_extra_codecs|1-1|||||xine_extra_codecs-1-1.pet|||
gxine-0.5.904-1-p4|gxine|0.5.904-1-p4||Multimedia|584K|pet_packages-4|gxine-0.5.904-1-p4.pet|+xine-lib,+gtk+,+mplayer_codecs_basic|Gxine media player|puppy|4|official|
snap2-3.2-6|snap2|3.2-6||Utility|200K|pet_packages-4|snap2-3.2-6.pet|+xterm,+rsync|snap2 snapshot backups (GUI)|puppy|4|official|
NoBlankScreen-1.0|NoBlankScreen|1.0||Desktop|11K||NoBlankScreen-1.0.pet||No Blank Screen||||
seamonkey-1.1.18-p4|seamonkey|1.1.18-p4||Internet|37248K|pet_packages-4|seamonkey-1.1.18-p4.pet|+gtk+|web browser composer mail news addressbook suite|puppy|4|official|
htop-0.8.3-i486|htop|0.8.3-i486||System|144K|pet_packages-4|htop-0.8.3-i486.pet||Show System Processes|puppy|4|official|
gtkdialog3-0.7.20-1|gtkdialog3|0.7.20-1||BuildingBlock|156K|pet_packages-4|gtkdialog3-0.7.20-1.pet|+gtk+|Dialogs for shell scripts|
gtkdialog3-0.7.20-pe1-i486|gtkdialog3|0.7.20-pe1-i486|||||gtkdialog3-0.7.20-pe1-i486.pet|||
lameSMBxplorer-0.1.4b|lameSMBxplorer|0.1.4b||Network|||lameSMBxplorer-0.1.4b.pet|||

Patriot

#37 Post by Patriot »

Hmmm .....
8-bit wrote:........ it failed to find shares until I set up the options of Domain, username, and save username/password. ........
........ so I still do not know if I just have a corrupted system on my Puppy 431 SCSI frugal install.
Thanks for a useful report ..... ;)

Ok, based on the info provided, your XP shares are probably not simple shares. So, a global username and password would be required to retrieve a listing ... I can safely deduce from the above report that the shares listing and mounting codes works ok ...

I've confirmed the [Ok] button issue with the patched gtkdialog3-pe and its already been fixed. You can expect an updated release in the next 24hrs ...

So, relax, your setup is not corrupted .....

Rgds

eden6000

#38 Post by eden6000 »

Still working for me, v. 0.1.4 beta too....one difference between 1.4 and 1.3 is that in the latest, after scanning the network, there is a 10 second delay before the main window appears, this can be confusing, as it seems that the program exits...one thing I may suggest is that the main window could be fully resizable, with the two panels (servers and shares) that fully resize...don't know if I've been clear........

Patriot

#39 Post by Patriot »

Hmmm .....
eden6000 wrote: .....after scanning the network, there is a 10 second delay before the main window appears, this can be confusing, as it seems that the program exits...
What a coincidence ... I was in the midst of reviewing the progressbar routines myself. Previously, the progressbar is actually a "cosmetic" splash to indicate that the app is running. In v0.1.5b, the progressbar now reflects the "actual" number of server to be scanned. So, the progressbar is now considered a "working" splash ... ;)
eden6000 wrote: .....one thing I may suggest is that the main window could be fully resizable, with the two panels (servers and shares) that fully resize...don't know if I've been clear........
I understand precisely what you mean. Actually, I've been looking for a way to achieve exactly that without hacking at gtkdialog3 sources. There is a bug or limitation of gtkdialog3 that somehow borks the configure-event for <hbox> ... without whacking at the sources, I couldn't say for sure ...

So, lameSMBxplorer v0.1.5b now have two (2) different layouts. The horizontal <hbox> layout is still the default as was planned for smaller screens and a vertical layout where the server tree list is on top and the shares tree list underneath is now a selectable global options. The vertical <vbox> layout is not affected by the bug (if it's really a bug) and will resize accordingly ...

Thanks again eden6000 for your input ...

Rgds

Patriot

released: lameSMBxplorer v0.1.5 beta

#40 Post by Patriot »

Hmmm .....

lameSMBxplorer v0.1.5 beta is essentially a GUI usability and related bugfixing.
My continued internal tests with win2003 server connections have been positively good so far ...

Changelog for v0.1.5 beta:
- added: single instance mutex check.
- bugfix: gtkdialog [OK button] exit marker (for patched gtkdialog3-pe). (8bit)
- changed: progressbar now reflects "actual" no. of server.
- added: vertical/horizontal gtkTreeView layout. (eden6000)

Rgds