Didiwiki, Osmo, Seamonkey, aMSN - comments

Using applications, configuring, problems
oui

Didiwiki, Osmo, Seamonkey, aMSN - comments

#1 Post by oui »

Hi

Import - Export

I have above programs in different Puppy's in or not in the same partition in the same PC and in different PC's and it is not always easy to find again somewhat a little bit older made at (sometimes long) testing time for a new Puppy or new Pupplet or other new distributions (why not :? ).

I suppose I am not alone to have that problem.

In Puppy it is about easy because you are always root (no access restrictions needed the use of chown etc.)!

But it is problematic enough :lol:

Did you find a solution to make that

all puppy's use the same data in only one partition (for example the vfat partition used as /mnt/home)

or

the content of the different puppy's in view of the personal data are compared and completed automaticaly by an actualisation's script or somewhat is acceptable for such purpose?

What is realisable and what not?

didiwiki

I find didiwiki terrible good. As smart and as powerfull!

I regret only one thing: I did never find an other wiki as internet wiki being fully compatible with the very simple didiwiki code

and I don't know a way to make the conversion in a more polyvalent format like *.rtf (texts] or TAB-formated *.txt (data sheets).

salut

hillside

#2 Post by hillside »

in my /mnt/home, I have a directory called data. I put everything in there.

Each of my puppies is in its own directory. All my puppies can find my data. I also drag the directory onto all my puppy's desktops so that I have a short cut to my data.

Then, in my ~ for each puppy, I replace the my-documents with a new my-documents that is a link to data.

oui

#3 Post by oui »

Hi

thank you for your answer Hillside.

of course I have no problem with my personal document files.

I do as you and I suppose that each puppy user do about the same.

but can you open your pre existent didiwiki pages in an other puppy or complete the informations in your osmo in an other puppy when working in the one or the other different version of puppy and have a global result in only one version of didiwiki or osmo (etc...) ?

that is the way what I am searching for...

bye

hillside

#4 Post by hillside »

For Osmo, there is a hidden file called .osmo. It contains all your data. I haven't tried this, but you could move those files outside your pupsave and make new links within .osmo to the data files. Then, if each of your puppies reads data in the same way, it might work.

I'm not a huge fan of Didiwiki. I use Tiddlywiki a lot. Tiddlywiki is easy to share between puppies.

Pelo

Link Osmo to pupsaves

#5 Post by Pelo »

Pour Osmo, il s'agit d'un fichier caché appelé. Osmo. Il contient toutes vos données. Je n'ai pas essayé, mais vous pouvez déplacer ces fichiers en dehors de votre pupsave et faire de nouveaux liens au sein d'Osmo pour les fichiers de données. Ensuite, si chacun de vos puppies lit les données de la même manière, çà pourrait fonctionner.

Link Osmo to pupsaves : sucessfull ?
Attachments
amipup.jpg
AMipup est son prénom, Slacko est son nom !
(57.58 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 02 Dec 2015, 00:45, edited 2 times in total.

oui

#6 Post by oui »

Hi Pelo

Thank you very much but we are more than 3 y. later :wink:

Cheers...

pagestep007

Didiwiki backups

#7 Post by pagestep007 »

Hi,
Didiwiki is a useful tool :) Thank you !
Backing up...I managed to find the hidden files in spot/.didiwiki, copied them to elsewhere. In the event of deleting a puppysave file...and/or running another puppy on another machine, I can copy them back into the directory. They are readable and findable by their links, but they become un-editable.I copy the text, delete the page, go back to the last working link, follow it, then paste the text in and save...fixed. But as the wiki gets bigger, it becomes time consuming to do this.
Question: is there a way to make the files editable, like some trick to orient the server to the new or replacement files?
and/or is there a backup feature I have missed?

I have used tiddlywiki, I read that puppy files can be read by tiddlywiki, how does one do that? And if you have a web based wiki, to use the info from Didiwiki, is it a case of copy paste all texts, or is there a shortcut method?

Thank you, its a great program.

Pelo

my kennel puppy Linux (pedigrees in Osmo)

#8 Post by Pelo »

osmo database of the 282 dogs of my kennel puppy Linux
Attachments
chenil.jpg
(53.67 KiB) Downloaded 200 times