attempt to kill init!

Please post any bugs you have found
infectiia

attempt to kill init!

#1 Post by infectiia »

not sure if this is the correct section, apologies if it isnt, but after running 4.3.1 and a couple of variations i found the iso's for (from this site) i finally found one i was really happy with, which included firefox. It lasted a day! then i tried to boot and got the message 'Kernel panic- not syncing: attempted to kill init!

this was just after the part about making the file system usable. I did try to get in by using the puppy pfix= and tried various endings, the best results with 'noram' where i could access puppy but i couldnt fix it. I had read on a thread that it would be best to delete the .sfs puppy file but it wouldnt let me. I rebooted to windows and it wouldnt let me get rid of it that way either.

Any advice would be really gratefully received cos right now im stuck on my daughters lap top and cant access any of my own stuff. I have googled it but people have various problems by it, caused by however far down the bootlist it got before the kernel couldnt cope and what worked for some didnt work for others. Mine is relatively near the top, within the first 8 lines or so anyway... how can i get rid of it? delete it? anything to get back to normal please! :shock:

8-bit

#2 Post by 8-bit »

Boot with pfix=ram and also the option to ignore a number of pupsave files.
You should then be able to delete the pupsave file.

infectiia

#3 Post by infectiia »

brilliant thanks, ill go try that and let you know if its worked...

infectiia

#4 Post by infectiia »

:D great stuff, its working and ive rebooted twice now. Ill figure out the wireless bb again tomorrow lol. Thanks a lot. Im back onl 4 1 3 but id rather be on that than the one that nearly wrecked my machine, and in the meantime ill look for a clean one to install later

thankyou! 8)