Can't get scrolling done with a4tech WinEasy 4D mouse

Using applications, configuring, problems
skinnie

Can't get scrolling done with a4tech WinEasy 4D mouse

#1 Post by skinnie »

Hi guys,I have an a4tech wineasy 4d mouse,it has 2 wheels (one for vertical scrolling and other for horizontal scrolling) and 3 buttons (2 "normal" and one on the left side,but can't get the right xorg config to enable scrolling..
On xorg page I found this config:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "WinEasy"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "Buttons" "7"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

but,first,I have to use protocol microsoft (because it is connect on a COM port via an PS2 adapter) and seccond,when I put the option "Buttons" "7" and restart xorg,it won't go..
I tried that example,without the "Buttons" option,but no scroll..
Any suggestions?
This is the mouse:
Last edited by skinnie on Sun 13 Dec 2009, 15:07, edited 1 time in total.
AMD K6-3 450MHz-FIC VA503+ (Via MVP3 Chipset,JE4333 Bios)-2x128Mb PC133-3Dfx Voodoo 3 3000 16Mb AGP-Seagate 40Gb HDD-TDK880N DVD Burner-Ali 6 USB 2.0 PCI Card-ISA 3C509b Nic - ISA Reveal RA300 Fm Card - Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 PCI (Envy24-HT)

skinnie

#2 Post by skinnie »

with puppy 4,3,1 it doesn't happen..any thought how can I make it work on 4,2 based puppies? (like puppy arcade v5 or turbopup extreme)
Thanks
AMD K6-3 450MHz-FIC VA503+ (Via MVP3 Chipset,JE4333 Bios)-2x128Mb PC133-3Dfx Voodoo 3 3000 16Mb AGP-Seagate 40Gb HDD-TDK880N DVD Burner-Ali 6 USB 2.0 PCI Card-ISA 3C509b Nic - ISA Reveal RA300 Fm Card - Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 PCI (Envy24-HT)

jason.b.c

Re: 2 Scroll wheel mouse and xorg

#3 Post by jason.b.c »

skinnie wrote:
but,first,I have to use protocol microsoft (because it is connect on a COM port via an PS2 adapter)

Why?????
Puppy is Awesome..!!!!
[url=http://www.puppylinux.com/][img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img][/url]

skinnie

Re: 2 Scroll wheel mouse and xorg

#4 Post by skinnie »

jason.b.c wrote:
skinnie wrote:
but,first,I have to use protocol microsoft (because it is connect on a COM port via an PS2 adapter)

Why?????
because the motherboard that I am using doesn't have ps2 ports...and the mouse is ps2..
it is a thing like this one :

disciple

#5 Post by disciple »

Have you tried this?

Code: Select all

Option "Protocol" "Auto"
Also try

Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
or even some of the other ones in the comment in this post
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

Oakems

#6 Post by Oakems »

I only have one scroll wheel, but my setup is like this:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2" #mouse0protocol
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/mouse"
	#Option      "Emulate3Buttons"
	#Option      "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
	 Option     "Buttons" "7" 
	Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5" #scrollwheel
EndSection
I'd guess yours should look something like this:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2" #mouse0protocol
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/mouse"
	#Option      "Emulate3Buttons"
	#Option      "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
	 Option     "Buttons" "7" 
	Option    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"#scrollwheelVertical
      Option    "YAxisMapping" "6 7" #scrollwheelHorizontal
EndSection
I'm really not sure about the "YAxisMapping" I know 6 and 7 scroll horizontally, but I would think you'd need two separate options to have both Vertical and Horizontal scrolling; like I say I know 6 and 7 work for horizontal scrolling, just not sure if they should be mapped to YAxisMapping? Maybe it should be XAxisMapping? But I'd think they'd have separate options. Any who, just my two cents, hope it helps.

Edit: I've just ran a little test to see if YAxisMapping would work, it does, but the weird thing is it will only scroll vertically no matter which numbers are placed after it. So I would suggest adding this:

Option    "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"#scrollwheelHorizontal
Option    "YAxisMapping" "4 5" #scrollwheelVertical
to get your scrolling working.

skinnie

#7 Post by skinnie »

couldn't be just a bug in 4.2?because the config that I posted,worked very good in 4.3.1..

Oakems

#8 Post by Oakems »

Does the code above not work then?

I wouldn't necessarily say it was a bug, unless you're talking about the 4.2 main release? (and even then, it may not have been implemented yet in 4.2?) Maybe there's is a mouse driver that is present in 4.3.1 but not in the 4.2 puplets? If that were the case then you should be able to import that driver from 4.3.1? The thing with puplets is that they are made by us, for us. So things that are in the main release are not automatically in the puplets. If you still have 4.3.1 and can compare the drivers, you may find something, then you can just copy it over. Also there is a program in Puppy that can compare files and I think it compares filesystems as well. That could be useful and save you some time searching, but I'm not very familiar with it, and I'm not even sure of its name? Ultimately the best thing to do is to find out why it works well in 4.3.1 and copy over what you need for it to work in the puplet.

lsmod
Will show you all the modules you have loaded so you could compare 4.2 and 4.3.1 to see what's different?

disciple

#9 Post by disciple »

couldn't be just a bug in 4.2?because the config that I posted,worked very good in 4.3.1..
Ah, you should have told us that.
If that were the case then you should be able to import that driver from 4.3.1?
If so, you wouldn't be able to copy it... you would need to get the kernel source and the devx and compile it... assuming it was available for the 4.2 kernel.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER