pWidgets 2.5.8

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
joel

#2641 Post by joel »

oh ok. Thanks Zigbert. I just noticed now that it says 2.1.1 for the extras package. The whole time i was reading it as 2.2.1, duh. Thanks again. :idea:

BTW is there an extras package in the works. I like the extra widgets like tv, etc.
I am not a Mac, not a PC... I am a Puppy. :idea:

8-bit

#2642 Post by 8-bit »

I am having problems with Pwigets 2.2.1 in Dpup beta 5.
First, when I make changes to calander and save the file, if I go to the Pwigets menu and select Apply, my changes are lost and the calander file reverts to it's original form.
Second, if I try to select a Pwigets sidebar background, It does not happen and I get an error of "Pwigets_background contains no data."
Also, I have to reset the wallpaper each time as it dissapears to a plain background.
I should mention my color depth is 24 and I have dri and the factory NVIDIA driver installed.

01micko

#2643 Post by 01micko »

Hi 8bit

I was the one who hacked the wallpaper setter for suitability for Puppy43x with Pwidgets.

Because the wallpaper setter is included in Pwidgets, it simply overwrites files in 43x. In Dpup it is a different story. "Pwallset" seems to be firm. You can go to /usr/local/apps (in Dpup) and look inside Wallpaper and you will see that Apprun is there, that will run the hacked wallpaper setter for Pwidgets. (I haven't tried this, I just turned off the sidebar in my Dpup, but it might work). If it doesn't work you could disable Pwallset in case there is a conflict.

I don't think your hardware or associated drivers are any concern.

It wouldn't be hard to hack Pwallset to make it Pwidgets compliant... I have read some of your threads so I think you are up to it.. :wink: .

If you do manage a hack let us know :) ,... same if you don't.

I'll let zigbert answer your calendar query.

Cheers
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

8-bit

#2644 Post by 8-bit »

I investigated my sidebar background problems with Pwigets by opening /usr/local/apps/Wallpaper/AppRun.
I found that the test was looking in /root/.pwigets for files that just were not there.
So I did a modification to the AppRun script to point to /usr/local/pwigets/widgets/plugins/sidebar/sidebar.

And low and behold, after making the modification, my desktop background stayed intact and I was able to add any sidebar background I wanted.

The commented lines are original, and my added lines are after.

Code: Select all

#add button for sidebar if installed
#if [ -f $HOME/.pwidgets/plugins/sidebar/sidebar ];then
if [ -f /usr/local/pwidgets/widgets/plugins/sidebar/sidebar ];then #added by 8-bit
# SIDEBAR='<button><label>Sidebar</label><input file icon="applications-graphics"></input><action>$HOME/.pwidgets/plugins/sidebar/sidebar &</action></button>'
 SIDEBAR='<button><label>Sidebar</label><input file icon="applications-graphics"></input><action>usr/local/pwidgets/plugins/sidebar/sidebar &</action></button>'
I hope that helps someone.

dejan555

#2645 Post by dejan555 »

Um, I don't have those lines in wallpaper script in dpup, commented or uncommented. So, where do I exactly add those line, or do I install another wallpaper setter first?

EDIT: I know Mick said it's packaged with pwidgets but aparently not in this package I have (I believe pwidgets 2.5 dev.?)
puppy.b0x.me stuff mirrored [url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Mb589v0iCXNnhSZWRwd3R2UWs]HERE[/url] or [url=http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_puppy.b0x.me_mirror]HERE[/url]

8-bit

#2646 Post by 8-bit »

On the Pwigets 2.2.1 fix, navigate to /usr/local/apps.
Right-click on Wallpaper and select Look Inside.
There you will find the script file "AppRun"
Open it as text, make the changes and save it.
After that, Click menu, Desktop, Pwigets tiny desktop apps.
Click on Plugins.
Click on Sidebar - Set wigets background.
Pick right or left and the sidebar background you want.
I had best luck with Golden to be able to see the calander.
Click Apply.

That was my short version of instructions for the modification.
Hope it helps.

01micko

#2647 Post by 01micko »

Dejan

About 10(?) pages back (maybe less) i made a wallpaper package for 4.3.x and then zigbert included it in Pwidgets 2.1. I haven't time to find it now, off to work

Cheers

trio

#2648 Post by trio »

Missing working with all of you, and with puppy

zigbert

#2649 Post by zigbert »

The pwidgets package doesn't include the wallpaper setter, - only the pached files. So if you are running a system without nathan wallpaper setter, or another setter that are supporting pwidgets sidebars, the sidebar function will not work correct.
Mick wrote: I'll let zigbert answer your calendar query.
Sorry, but I'm not into Dpup at the moment. :)

We miss you too Trio. What are your real-life-issues?
Sigmund

trio

#2650 Post by trio »

Hi Ziggy,

I am currently working as an Operation Director in one of Suzuki Car Dealer in my city. That's why I don't have much spare time. hhhhhh..busy..

8-bit

#2651 Post by 8-bit »

trio,
I am glad to hear that you have employment!
A lot of people do not.
I was self employed, working indirectly for another company doing piece work.
Their sales fell and I was told that maybe things would improve in the fall. So I bit the bullet and payed company expenses with no income.
Fall came and I was then told maybe things would improve by spring.
I had not had any business or personal income since July, and decided enough was enough and closed the business, and applied for Social security.
So I am one of the unemployed waiting for my S.S to start.

joel

#2652 Post by joel »

Why might the temp widget not be working?

I attached a screenshot of my hardinfo displaying a temp of 56C, and the pwidgets temp is always stuck at fan off, temp 45C?

nic2109

#2653 Post by nic2109 »

Sorry to be dim but how do new widgets get to be available to be selected?

I've downloaded and installed a couple of .pet packages with widgets that interest me and I was expecting them to then appear in the list of widgets I could choose. But they don't.

What step(s) have I omitted?

I tried the Help but it sent me to a dead place on the old site which isn't much help.

I expect the answer is somewhere in thread, but at 2653 entries I cannot face looking through it for the answer. :oops:

Nick
[color=darkblue][b][size=150]Nick[/size][/b][/color]

ndujoe1

Pwidgets 2.2.1 PuppyLinxu 3.01

#2654 Post by ndujoe1 »

I have been able to use Pwidgets 2.2.1 successfully in Puppylinux 3.01.

The calendar refuses to change to Sunday as the first day of the week. any suggesitons?

zigbert

#2655 Post by zigbert »

Version 2.2.2
See main post

Changelog
- Use Cpu_graph as default instead of Puppy space.
- Alarm widget use now aplay instead of wavplay
- Bugfix: Clock didn't show up after changing theme. (thanks to 01micko)
- Bugfix: Reminder widget. (thanks to 01micko)
- Bugfix: Start Wallpaper setter in /usr/share/background if pointed to $HOME/.pwidgets/
- Bugfix: Calender with Sunday as first day of week.
- Bugfix: Link to wiki

ndujoe1

Pwidget 2.2.2

#2656 Post by ndujoe1 »

Thanks the calendar starting day is fixed.

gulk

EUR_USD script

#2657 Post by gulk »

If you want the 1 eur = x.xxx usd,
just replace the following in /usr/local/pwidgets/widgets/scripts/EUR_USD

echo $R
by

echo "scale=3;${R}/10" | bc
and of course we are not displaying 10 EUR anymore, so change in /usr/local/pwidgets/widgets/configs/EUR_USD

$alignc${color5}10 EUR = ${execi 3600 /usr/local/pwidgets/widgets/scripts/EUR_USD} USD
by

$alignc${color5}1 EUR = ${execi 3600 /usr/local/pwidgets/widgets/scripts/EUR_USD} USD

Enjoy being 10 times poorer ;)

01micko

#2658 Post by 01micko »

Ok, here is the heavy bling package.. yes it is HUGE! 553kB...

I adjusted such that most of it I know works with current Pwidgets, but some things I could not test, TV widget is one, I expect many channels may fail but they can be replaced easily. I slightly modded the slideshow frame, you can change the colour in mtpaint by altering the hue if you want. Weatherx seems to work , but weather has some documented problems :( . Image widget works ok, and I didn't test the guages but they should be ok, let me know.

I'm not too sure if it will work perfect with a multiuser system unless you run Pwidgets as superuser... it can be done by typing "sudo pwidgets" in a term. I did limited testing in Pizzasgood's multiuser 4.2 puplet.

NOTE: this package replaces the conky-1.6.1 exec with the conky-1.7.1.1 exec on your system. Also, Imlib2 is added as well as xli and xwinwrap.

Hope it works for you!

Cheers

Blast it! I can't get TV to work.... trio? ziggy? Others ok
Attachments
widget-extras.jpg
(14.68 KiB) Downloaded 1257 times

zigbert

#2659 Post by zigbert »

Mick
This is really great news
I have updated main post

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!
Sigmund

yerc1

Battery widget not coming up?

#2660 Post by yerc1 »

i did a new frugal install of NOP 431r1 after having been happily using NOP 413r1.
what i'm trying to do now is to setup NOP 431 the same way as i did NOP 413.
with NOP 431, the battery widget does not come up.
i can't find any post about the battery widget not working on Puppy 431 so i'm not sure if the problem is with NOP only or if it's true to all Puppy s.
has anyone had this same problem and found a fix?