Matlab error while loading shared libraries: libXp.so.6

Booting, installing, newbie
roboticarc

Matlab error while loading shared libraries: libXp.so.6

#1 Post by roboticarc »

dear all, I am quite new on linux system. I would like to install Matlab R12 on puppy, I have already read the 2 posts relative to the argument on this forum but I dont think there is the solution to my problem, I'm sorry if i'm wrong. As i said i try to install the program from command line , placed in the folder /usr/local/Matlab7 (where i put the file license.dat modified with my hostname "puppypc") by using:

../folderInExternalHardDriveWhereMatlabIs/install

getting an error like :

An error status was returned by the program 'xsetup',
...error while loading shared libraries: libXp.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

sorry but i dot know hot to copy and paste from rxvt

i cecked on the matworks site and they say the solution could be obtained doind something like :

yum install libXp-devel

unfortunately doesnt work for me because I think puppy doesnt recognize the command yum...

Sorry for my ignorance, I am tring to learn.
If someone coud write down step to step would be very appreciated.
By the way my puppy version is 4.3

Thanks a lot

muggins

#2 Post by muggins »

libXP-so.6.pet

Copy from Rxvt by dragging cursor over target text, paste via Shift&Insert, or by middle mouse click.

roboticarc

difficulties to install

#3 Post by roboticarc »

Hi thank you very much.
Unfortunately I didnt suceed to install it. i downloaded the file at the link that is "libXP-so.6.gz" and uncompressed it has inside:

libXP-so.6.pet.specs and the directory usr
inside usr there is lib and iside again there are an empty (0k) libXp.so.6, and libXp.so.6.2.0 (32k)

i noticed in the past that .pet file are automatically istallable (if i remeber well) on puppy, unfortunately here, as described, there are no one. I did try also to call the name of all the listed files from command line but i didnt manage to install anything.

would you suggest me how to do?
Sorry again for my level. and thanks again.

diaeresis

#4 Post by diaeresis »

The link worked when I tried it. i clicked on it and got the
"open with petget or save to " window.

I think you just choose "open with petget" and sit back with a hot tea / cold beer.

roboticarc

done

#5 Post by roboticarc »

Thank you, fresh beer always works fine!!!
I was opening the file with my win pc and then trnferring the file on the old puppy one (where i have to plug a wifi card not available yesterday nigth :-) )...
doing directly on puppy it worked fine

Thanks a lot for your support!

diaeresis

#6 Post by diaeresis »

Yes but when someone else does the shopping it's weird how there are always plenty of teabags but never enough beers. :D