Puppy Arcade v5 - new files (29 Dec 2009)

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
puppyiso

#81 Post by puppyiso »

Thank you, MOB]Trip

I got them all and it's gonna be a wonderful evening trying those out.

Thank you all, people.

John

-------------------------------

P.S. well done!! This is the emulator I wanted to have in Linux for a long time. THere are many game related distros out there but they are bulky and essentially the same emulator despite its size.

Just adding an sfs with no major change and being all ready to find ROMs is really nice.
Attachments
arcadepuppy1.png
(183.68 KiB) Downloaded 579 times
Last edited by puppyiso on Mon 19 Oct 2009, 04:14, edited 1 time in total.

sc0ttman

#82 Post by sc0ttman »

[MOB]Trip wrote:had to get opera cuz firepup refuses fullscreen when streamin vids
Use IceWM for fullscreen Flash - then you will have no problems - JWM has a problem with fullscreen Flash, it's most likely not your browser..
[MOB]Trip wrote:..tryin the psx... got the bios file.. didnt work so i followed the second step and '/root/.psx/' is EMPTY, so i cant edit this file u talkin bout...
You'll need to enable OpenGL, then run pSX, so that pSX actually creates the files you're looking for, and then you need to open the ini file in '/root/.psx/'... So...

PSX HELP (updated): Run '/usr/local/pSX/psx' in the terminal and check which error message you get - if it says something like 'OpenGL not enabled on this system' then you must get your GPU drivers installed and restart. If psx gives a segmentation fault (with no mention of OpenGL problems), go to '/root/.psx/' and edit psx.ini to point to the correct BIOS file.. Then it should work. :D

And thanks again MOB[Trip] for the extra mirrors... I'll try to get a few more files online at uploading.com as it seems to work alright...

sc0ttman

#83 Post by sc0ttman »

puppyiso wrote:And sc0ttman, Once again, if you have a problem with servers, I can at least host the sfs file if you like.
I've added MOB[Trip]s mirrors to the main post, and will add some other mirrors for the remaining files very soon..

[MOB]Trip

#84 Post by [MOB]Trip »

np john

o n filefactor.com pays u 10$ for every 1,000 downloads if u have an account, in which that is free to make. but maybe everyyyy puppy file could be on there and then donate the $$ to barry or someen?

n ye scott no opengl when i run the /usr blah blah, so i guess i need get opengl but when i do that then the psxini file thus will be created? and....i gotta get specific opengl drivers? or just opengl libs..

n ite so ice for fullscreen ight..but its kinda ugly but i can just get a diff theme right?

and AHHHHH i haTE this DAMN TAPPING ON THE FAKN TOUCHPAD IM A CUT IT OUT I SWURRRR :x

edit::
im runnin the icevm&tray and i can get fullscreen in opera but not firefox...ass long as one works idc i did not try the icevmlite though...but opera has fs so its all good.

edit
k i got open gl....i got the psx to open..i clicked ok for english and it crashed x...ran xorg n xwin...then it wouldnt display x...power button...x is back...ofc no hints in xerrslog now...so....hmmm...i will investigate..might enjoy me a fullscreen bootleg though lol
[img]http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab63/Prezzle/triptest.gif[/img]
[img]http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii476/Mazine999/mobbu7.gif[/img]

sc0ttman

#85 Post by sc0ttman »

[MOB]Trip wrote:filefactor.com pays u 10$ for every 1,000 downloads if u have an account... maybe every puppy could be on there and then donate the $$ to barry or somone?
That's a good idea! Shame I didn't do it earlier, for myself! :wink: Although in the Puppy Arcade downloads I'm tracking, the most popular version still has only around 300 downloads so far.. Not gonna replace my day job lol :oops:
[MOB]Trip wrote:i guess i need get opengl [for psx] but when i do that then the psxini file thus will be created? and....i gotta get specific opengl drivers? or just opengl libs..
Puppy Arcade only needs the graphics card drivers - You need to enable OpenGL by installing the drivers developed for your specific gfx card - ideally it's already been packaged in a convenient pet file... :) Once you have OpenGL, you'll need to run pSX once, so it creates the ini file in root, then edit the file (or you can rename your BIOS file to match its value).

With hindsight, I could've simplified this process for everyone on the ISO, but it's a small issue I think..

About the ugly IceWM, I didn't add a theme, as there are so many available which can be easily installed via a .pet file, and everyone has their own favourite... I like IceKDE or LXP...

And fullscreen video works fine for me in IceWM on youTube and various others including iPlayer and other on demand sites, so I can't say why it's not working for you - unless it's also OpenGL related, I guess...

[MOB]Trip

#86 Post by [MOB]Trip »

so i need just edit this

[BIOS]
PS1=bios/scph1001.bin
PS2=bios/scph39001.bin

to where my bios files are

and ye im a be changen this ice theme lol and i havent tried fullscreen in firefox yet since i installed the xorg full.pet thingamajigga but im a find me a new theme then i will try n edit that line.

sc0ttman

#87 Post by sc0ttman »

[MOB]Trip wrote:so i need just edit this

Code: Select all

[BIOS]
PS1=bios/scph1001.bin
PS2=bios/scph39001.bin
to where my bios files are
Once you are sure you have OpenGL working, then yes, that's all that's required to play PSX. :D

[MOB]Trip

#88 Post by [MOB]Trip »

hmm x doesnt get raped now, i changed that line to PS1=/usr/local/pSX/bios/scph1001.bin and it doesnt rape x now...but no work yet..gettin this now /usr/bin/psx: line 3: 23777 Segmentation fault "/usr/local/pSX/psx" "$@"

got some sexy new themes though

any idea how get rid this damn tappping on the touchpad thoug if there is no line in xorg.conf...cuz im gettin pissed at it.

fukn with themes somehow raped my fullscreen capability.

Dingo

#89 Post by Dingo »

in reply to Scottman's invite to try uae (amiga emulator) and see if it works, unfortunately, I must say it does not works

tried several roms (same roms are perfectly read bu E-UAE) but only thing that seems working is program emulation window requesting kickstart, but I have already

created a uae directory in /usr/lib/uae/
putted a kickstart (tried 1.3 and 3.2 both)
renamed to kick.rom

Since I want help, I want to do other tries to try to find reason why uae seems not working for me. stay tuned, meanwhile I have installed E-UAE
replace .co.cc with .info to get access to stuff I posted in forum
dropbox 2GB free
OpenOffice for Puppy Linux

[MOB]Trip

#90 Post by [MOB]Trip »

i have never played an amiga game in my life so i cant help ya ding.

n fullscreen works again.

sc0ttman

#91 Post by sc0ttman »

Dingo wrote:in reply to Scottman's invite to try uae (amiga emulator) and see if it works, unfortunately, I must say it does not work
Bizarre, I've played Sensible Soccer, Another World, Akira, Colonization and a few others without problems.. Tried a few roms which didn't work, but most of them had no problems.. And I now like the Amiga, I must say... Best version of Another World that I've played!

However, if people don't know, the SFS and .PET versions of Puppy Arcade already include the later E-UAE. :)

deniros

#92 Post by deniros »

to sc0ttman,

Big thanks for Arcade :p

Tried your arcade V2 sfs for puppy 4.3.1, and it works just great! no deps to hunt for, it just works. great stuff!

sc0ttman

#93 Post by sc0ttman »

deniros wrote:to sc0ttman,

Big thanks for Arcade :p

Tried your arcade V2 sfs for puppy 4.3.1, and it works just great! no deps to hunt for, it just works. great stuff!
Glad to hear it, I was waiting for some feedback, so thanks very much! :D Have fun!!

Makoto

#94 Post by Makoto »

I have to get around to trying the SFS, myself... I've been cheating, somewhat, lately, and mounting SFS files like they were separate drives. :D
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

sc0ttman

#95 Post by sc0ttman »

puppyiso wrote:Just adding an sfs with no major change and being all ready to find ROMs is really nice.
Glad you like it, and nice screenshot, your puplet looks great!!! And good to see Puppy Arcade working in another system!

skinnie

#96 Post by skinnie »

sc0ttman wrote:
skinnie wrote:gr8 work on this puppet!I have been searching for "a thing" like this a long time ago!the "look" of the pupplet is very very good :)
It is a pitty I can get xorg to work..but I'll try to edit it by hand :)
Thanks very much, hope it works for you.. :D Unfortunately I can't help you out as I've no idea which card you've got and am no real expert, but dare I say that if you read up on MUs posts or ask him something, you'll be fine - he's the man for gpu/video/xorg related stuff.

My card is a 3dfx Voodoo 3 3000 16Mb :) don't know why,but at least puppy 2 detects well this card,no need to configure xorg by hand..
There are even some emulators that run in glide (3dfx proprietary api) instead of opengl wich is fantastic for me :D
AMD K6-3 450MHz-FIC VA503+ (Via MVP3 Chipset,JE4333 Bios)-2x128Mb PC133-3Dfx Voodoo 3 3000 16Mb AGP-Seagate 40Gb HDD-TDK880N DVD Burner-Ali 6 USB 2.0 PCI Card-ISA 3C509b Nic - ISA Reveal RA300 Fm Card - Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 PCI (Envy24-HT)

sc0ttman

#97 Post by sc0ttman »

skinnie wrote:My card is a 3dfx Voodoo 3 3000 16Mb :) don't know why,but at least puppy 2 detects this card, no need to configure xorg by hand.. There are even some emulators that run in glide (3dfx proprietary api) instead of opengl wich is fantastic for me :D
This seems to be a problem for everyone on Puppy 4.x on this forum.. I hevn't found a solution, but Puppy Arcade works very well in Xvesa, apart from pSX and Mupen64, which require OpenGL.. I've added a new list of drivers to the main post, under the INTEL PETS... Maybe this could help you, but I think not! :(

Also, you could always add Puppy Arcade SFS/PET to Puppy 2.. You may need to convert the SFS, but there's a tool around this forum somewhere for that...

skinnie

#98 Post by skinnie »

sc0ttman wrote:
skinnie wrote:My card is a 3dfx Voodoo 3 3000 16Mb :) don't know why,but at least puppy 2 detects this card, no need to configure xorg by hand.. There are even some emulators that run in glide (3dfx proprietary api) instead of opengl wich is fantastic for me :D
This seems to be a problem for everyone on Puppy 4.x on this forum.. I hevn't found a solution, but Puppy Arcade works very well in Xvesa, apart from pSX and Mupen64, which require OpenGL.. I've added a new list of drivers to the main post, under the INTEL PETS... Maybe this could help you, but I think not! :(

Also, you could always add Puppy Arcade SFS/PET to Puppy 2.. You may need to convert the SFS, but there's a tool around this forum somewhere for that...
thank you very much,as soon as I can (maybe in 2/3 weeks) i'll test the drivers too..
Other thing,where can I get the theme/icons used in your puppie?I love it!
AMD K6-3 450MHz-FIC VA503+ (Via MVP3 Chipset,JE4333 Bios)-2x128Mb PC133-3Dfx Voodoo 3 3000 16Mb AGP-Seagate 40Gb HDD-TDK880N DVD Burner-Ali 6 USB 2.0 PCI Card-ISA 3C509b Nic - ISA Reveal RA300 Fm Card - Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 PCI (Envy24-HT)

sc0ttman

#99 Post by sc0ttman »

A new version of Puppy Arcade is available. Get it here:

Download Puppy Arcade V3 - Live CD ISO

Mirror 1, Mirror 2 - 111MB, md5: 44ec20801a7b8723d23ee8d1b8a2b82f

V3 has Firefox 2, not FirePup, a full mail client built into Firefox, improved online office support, and a lot more useful updates and apps.. And it also includes much better Amiga emulation, using E-UAE... More info in the main (first) post of this thread..

An another note...
skinnie wrote:Other thing,where can I get the theme/icons used in your puppie?I love it!
The JWM theme used is 'Clearlooks' for GTK and I then applied that theme to JWM as well, using the JWM tool, found in 'Desktop' on the start menu... Also, in V3, IceWM uses the IceKDE by default.. Looks similar to JWM :)

skinnie

#100 Post by skinnie »

sc0ttman wrote:A new version of Puppy Arcade is available. Get it here:

Download Puppy Arcade V3 - Live CD ISO

Mirror 1, Mirror 2 - 111MB, md5: 44ec20801a7b8723d23ee8d1b8a2b82f

V3 has Firefox 2, not FirePup, a full mail client built into Firefox, improved online office support, and a lot more useful updates and apps.. And it also includes much better Amiga emulation, using E-UAE... More info in the main (first) post of this thread..

An another note...
skinnie wrote:Other thing,where can I get the theme/icons used in your puppie?I love it!
The JWM theme used is 'Clearlooks' for GTK and I then applied that theme to JWM as well, using the JWM tool, found in 'Desktop' on the start menu... Also, in V3, IceWM uses the IceKDE by default.. Looks similar to JWM :)
thanks a lot one more time!I've been trying to get your puppy look into puppy 4.3.1 but not really sucessful..is there any chance of getting a pet for the complete theme/icon set/menu etc etc?
The pet/sfs packages are a great idea,so we can have it in new puppy,but I do really miss the beauty of it :)
I'll give a try at your v3 too!thanks a lot for this!