Does Puppy have a screenshot utility?

Using applications, configuring, problems
Tom

Does Puppy have a screenshot utility?

#1 Post by Tom »

Hi,

First of all- this is my first Linux experience- wonderful distro, and one I now pretty much know my way around.

My question is, is there an equivalent of PrintScreen for Puppy where I can take a screenshot of the desktop and save it, as I'm wondering how the screenshots on the main page were taken?

New Puppy

{www.fsdesign.co.nr}
-[how i built a personal puppy media centre, a writeup on puppy and some useful windows apps]-

Lobster
Official Crustacean

screen capture / print screen / prnt scrn

#2 Post by Lobster »

Start / graphic processing / a choice of two screen capture routines

if using mtpaint (an excellent program with very good support from Mark Tyler)
go straight into any area (on the "print screen" capture) you wish to highlight and press delete - it will crop

Hope that is what you require

:)
Last edited by Lobster on Fri 17 Jun 2005, 16:24, edited 1 time in total.
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Tom

#3 Post by Tom »

Many thanks :D
New Puppy

{www.fsdesign.co.nr}
-[how i built a personal puppy media centre, a writeup on puppy and some useful windows apps]-

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#4 Post by GuestToo »

if you have icewm installed, you can press ctrl+alt+P to take a screenshot ... or just press the PrintScrn key (it dosn't work on my machine, but it might on yours)

Ctrl+alt+p for screenshots

#5 Post by Guest »

GuestToo wrote:if you have icewm installed, you can press ctrl+alt+P to take a screenshot ... or just press the PrintScrn key (it dosn't work on my machine, but it might on yours)
Attachments
example.jpg
I just tried this on my machine - using Puppy 1.0.3 installed on 512meg Lexar JumpDrive and the combination worked like a champ - see attached photo - the Print Screen alternative did not, however.

I know next to nothing about Linux, but so far have
(152.28 KiB) Downloaded 2769 times

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#6 Post by Flash »

GuestToo wrote:if you have icewm installed, you can press ctrl+alt+P to take a screenshot ... or just press the PrintScrn key (it dosn't work on my machine, but it might on yours)
Where the heck does it put the screenshot file when you press ctrl+alt+P?

Cntl-Alt-P keystrokes

#7 Post by Guest »

Flash wrote:

Cntl-Alt-P keystrokes

#8 Post by Guest »

Flash wrote:
Hi,

when I do the Cntl-Alt-P keystroke combination, the m-paint program comes up in a new window and that allows me to name the photo (be sure to put a .jpg or other graphics extention on it or it saves it as a text file), and save it where I want - either Puppy or more likely the hard drive (aka WindowsXP), to save space in Puppy.

GuestToo
Puppy Master

#9 Post by GuestToo »

yes, the screenshot is done by mtpaint

you can select an area and crop the area

in any case, save the picture by clicking File, Save As (or press ctrl+shift+S) ... then close the mtpaint window

and, yes, include the extension in the file name (jpg, png, xpm, and so on)