Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 24 Nov 2014, 21:57
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware
Cant get Belkin USB wireless adapter to work
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
colin5

PostPosted: Sat 28 Jan 2006, 06:19    Post subject:  Cant get Belkin USB wireless adapter to work  

I am experimenting with puppy linux but i am unable to get my Belkin USB wireless adaptor to work. I'm new to linux so any help would be appreciated.

Tanks
Colin
Walt H

PostPosted: Sat 28 Jan 2006, 12:44    Post subject: Re: Cant get Belkin USB wireless adapter to work  

colin5 wrote:
I am experimenting with puppy linux but i am unable to get my Belkin USB wireless adaptor to work. I'm new to linux so any help would be appreciated.

Tanks
Colin

I'm first going to tell you what others will likely tell you: you need to provide more detail about what model you have and what you've done so far to try to get it working Smile

Having said that, I have gotten my Belkin FD7050 USB wireless card to work with Puppy. First, you either need to install the Perl dotpup (I think, can't remember at the moment) or the development file (usr_devx.sfs) in order to make ndiswrapper work. You'll also need the Windows driver files for your adapter. (All of this is based on the FD7050 and Puppy 1.0.5, which is the version I've used.)

From the menu, you'll need to run WAG (the Wireless wizard) so you can install the driver files and ndiswrapper. Based on my own experience, I will tell you that getting the initial connection each time you boot Puppy is a bit of a bear, but eventually, it does work. Good luck!

Now that you point it out to me, the answer seems painfully obvious.
ICQ Number 
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware
Jump to: