Dell Vostro 1500 Intel C2D

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
vikrang

Dell Vostro 1500 Intel C2D

#1 Post by vikrang »

I have a dell VOSTRO 1500 ...Pentium C2D (On Board cards )..

Installation of HP Deskjet F4280...For this I have downloaded all versions of Hplip from Sourceforge.net...This particular model does not appear in the dropdown.... I selected F4200 as it was somewhat close to my model! I am able to print using CUPS but Xsane does not recognize for scanning

I am running the latest Beta Version (4.3.2 or something but latest).Is it due to the Beta version ..Should I try a stable version or modify settings..Pl help me .

Patriot

Re: Dell Vostro 1500 Intel C2D

#2 Post by Patriot »

Hmmm .....
vikrang wrote: ..... HP Deskjet F4280 ........ I am able to print using CUPS but Xsane does not recognize for scanning ........
Sorry .... can't help you .... I don't have such a nice mfp printer to play with .... and btw, please avoid spamming the subject threads ....

Rgds

lluamco

hpliplite-3.9.8

#3 Post by lluamco »

Please try installing hpliplite-3.9.8 as explained in
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 978#184635

vikrang

PRINTER HP F 4280

#4 Post by vikrang »

Thanx LLuamco, I installed 4.3 and ditched the beta version...I installed the Hp lite package which was available in Puppy Wizard and after installation I chose Setup and printers and in the dropdown "HP F4200 Series was there !!" I selected it and the printer is working well.

I have to dwnload Xsane and try scanning...Doesnt Puppy Offer any Scanner by default?

PS patriot : I couldnt really understand what you meant by spamming the thread..If you are referring to the 2 queries on the same subject, I am sorry. I tried to Edit and delete, But there is no delete button and I gave up

lluamco

Re: PRINTER HP F 4280

#5 Post by lluamco »

vikrang wrote:I have to dwnload Xsane and try scanning...Doesnt Puppy Offer any Scanner by default?
Xsane is included in puppy4.3 and you should already be able to scan using your printer, once hpliplite has been installed.