Posted: Sat 15 Aug 2009, 03:45 Post subject:
Puppy - Windoze sharing with read/write
Hi, I'm new to these whole Linux OS scene. I'm trying to replace WinXP with Puppy but I'm lost currently.
System A (Headless P2P download machine 24/7):
- HDD1 = OS + p2p client software
- HDD2 = Root folder (Downloads) shared through 'Simple networking with read/write permissions. All download files goes here.
System B (Normal desktop)
- Use web client to control the P2P client on system A
- Periodically move downloaded files from system A
So far these are what I've done:
1. Install puppy to thumbdrive and replace HDD1 of system A. It now show up as 'sda2' on Puppy desktop.
2. HDD2 of system B show up as 'sda1' on puppy linux.
3. Run console with the following commands:
#adduser -h /mnt/sda1 TestUser
4. Enter a password twice.
5. Run Pure-FTP
So far I can only browse/copy the files/folder that reside on system A from system B with winxp but I don't have permission to move/delete the file/folder. Please help.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum