Sony DSC-S90 digital camera

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
fed

Sony DSC-S90 digital camera

#1 Post by fed »

Hola...

I have this digital camera connected through the usb to the computer running puppy 1.0.7.

I click on Drives icon and appears: ntfs of xp, ext3 of mepis linux, and hdb as cdrom. But no drive for this camera.

The camera stands by showing on LCD screen "Memory stick. Normal mode", like waiting a connection.

Well, I will go on searching for a solution. If anyone has a helpful line I would appreciate.

Thanks. Fed.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Can it be that the Sony memory stick/camera have a proprietary filesystem/OS that Linux can't recognize, and vice versa? :evil:

fed

#3 Post by fed »

Flash wrote:Can it be that the Sony memory stick/camera have a proprietary filesystem/OS that Linux can't recognize, and vice versa? :evil:
I wish I knew...
I am reading some posts about digital cameras, but nothing yet.
Thanks anyway.

Fed

BlackAdder

#4 Post by BlackAdder »

You could try gtkam. See this threadfor a discussion and download. Works well for my Canon Ixus which was not supported otherwise. .

fed

#5 Post by fed »

Thanks BlackAdder, but I am affraid I did not work.

I did as the thread said:

1. installed gimp 2.0.6

2. dotpuped the gtkam

Then...opened gimp, and First of all, this Sony S-90 did not appear on the list of cameras in gimp. Extrange being Sony an important manufacturer of digital cameras.

Second, I try to detect but nothing happened.

Could it be that this camera uses Memory Stick "Pro"?...

Thanks. Fed.