DeltaPup

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
techtype

DeltaPup

#1 Post by techtype »

Here is another pup for you to play with: (DeltaPup)
(See later posts for links)

MD5: 6538b8ae1cf3d09212fca7498d80a653

It's based on Wow's 1.1. It also includes work from grey, mu, ttuuxxx, and others. It includes Firefox 3 and Thunderbird for E-Mail. Firefox includes Java and Flash and is very stable. The desktop environment is based on Xfce and is set up to be comfortable for Windows users. The screen shots give an idea of the look which is basically kept simple for speed. If you like bling, you will have to add it yourself. Some of the programs included are DirSyncPro, Filezilla, MuppyBackup, and MuppyFiler. It has the fixed version of AbiWord. The only known major bug is slow network file copy. Transparency effects are turned off by default, but as you can see in the screen shots, can be enabled.

Last edited by techtype on Sun 19 Jul 2009, 15:27, edited 3 times in total.

ttuuxxx

#2 Post by ttuuxxx »

Wow thats nice looking, I do like xfce a lot, I would like to see a version of xfce without thunar and just using rox :)
great job :wink:
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

Dingo

#3 Post by Dingo »

tonight I'll try your pupplet, meanwhile I have mirrored and linked on dokupuppy

http://puppylover.netsons.org/dokupuppy ... :delta_pup
replace .co.cc with .info to get access to stuff I posted in forum
dropbox 2GB free
OpenOffice for Puppy Linux

eztuxer

#4 Post by eztuxer »

It's based on Wow's 1.1.
What kernel does it use, please ?
It matters as if kernel >2.6.28 it will run on my netbook.
Downloading it now anyway...
Don't poop it down... Pup it Up !

Dpup

DeltaPup

#5 Post by Dpup »

Have DeltaPup running on new Acer D150 10 inch netbook, boot from USB flash drive.

Very nice...

Used ndiswrapper to install the Broadcom (watch out, D150 can be Broadcom, Atheros, or Intel wifi...) drivers from the XP hard drive delivered with the netbook. It connects to my secure WPA2 TKIP wireless and auto reconnects on boot every time.

And the audio also plays on the D150 speakers, which I have not been able to do with any of the official Puppy releases yet, nor any of the derivatives with the older kernel and drivers. However a number of derivative releases with the newer kernel and drivers such as this one work fine, as well as Barry's test UPUP 476.

Thanks !!!

techtype

Re: DeltaPup

#6 Post by techtype »

Dpup wrote:Have DeltaPup running on new Acer D150 10 inch netbook, boot from USB flash drive.

Very nice...

Used ndiswrapper to install the Broadcom (watch out, D150 can be Broadcom, Atheros, or Intel wifi...) drivers from the XP hard drive delivered with the netbook. It connects to my secure WPA2 TKIP wireless and auto reconnects on boot every time.

And the audio also plays on the D150 speakers, which I have not been able to do with any of the official Puppy releases yet, nor any of the derivatives with the older kernel and drivers. However a number of derivative releases with the newer kernel and drivers such as this one work fine, as well as Barry's test UPUP 476.

Thanks !!!
Thank you for the report. With this pup, you should see the fastest first launch of Firefox that you have ever seen. Just don't upgrade Firefox or you will lose some of the speed.

KJ

#7 Post by KJ »

Tried both DL links several times with DL's hanging up before the mid point ... but finally have it ....I hope. Where do I find the iso MD5sum? Thanks, KJ

techtype

#8 Post by techtype »

KJ wrote:Tried both DL links several times with DL's hanging up before the mid point ... but finally have it ....I hope. Where do I find the iso MD5sum? Thanks, KJ
Here it is: MD5 6538b8ae1cf3d09212fca7498d80a653

KJ

#9 Post by KJ »

techtype .. Thanks for the quick response and MD5sum. DL checked out good. Looking forward to taking your pup for a romp but that will probably have to wait to this weekend. Thanks again .. KJ

eztuxer

#10 Post by eztuxer »

It runs fine on my desktop, but on my AAO (8.9") Xorg doesn't work, only Xvesa does, with some lagging on my M$ wireless mouse.
Don't poop it down... Pup it Up !

russoodle

another mirror...

#11 Post by russoodle »

Hi techtype,

Haven't yet taken Delta Pup for a romp, as KJ so eloquently puts it, but it's mirrored here now also: http://puppylinuxstuff.meownplanet.net/ ... l#deltapup, along with the MD5 and screenshots.
User: puppy
Password: linux

cheers,

russoodle
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

BHINTZ

#12 Post by BHINTZ »

delta works great on AAO but how do I get information about the charge left in the battery.

any clues would be appreciated.

bob

techtype

#13 Post by techtype »

BHINTZ wrote:delta works great on AAO but how do I get information about the charge left in the battery.

any clues would be appreciated.

bob
Right click on a blank area of the bottom panel (taskbar) and select "Add New Item" from the popup. Then pick "Battery Monitor".

BHINTZ

#14 Post by BHINTZ »

That was certainly easy. Thanks a lot.

bob

Mysp

Another download mirror for DeltaPup

#15 Post by Mysp »

You can download DeltaPup 1.6 ISO also from following URL. User name/password, captcha or account is NOT required. Just choose "free user" button. Then you will
need to wait half minute or so, but after that the download speed should be reasonable (about 1000 kilobites or even more (if not peak hours).

http://rapidshare.com/files/251599742/deltapup_1.6.iso

CRF

Help with some minor tweaks?

#16 Post by CRF »

I've enjoyed playing with DeltaPup and have installed directly to my hard drive.

I've noticed that when I insert a USB memory stick/drive, it doesn't seem to auto mount nor does an icon show up for me to easily access the USB device. What do I do so that it is automatically mounted and shows an icon?

Secondly, with other Puppy derivatives, after doing a HD install, at shutdown I'm not asked to save anything to the hard drive (I think the Puppy2fs file?) it automatically does it for me and shuts down the computer. With Delta Pup when I do a shutdown, it always asks about saving the file. How do I change it to automatically save for me and shutdown without me having to hit the enter button a few times?

Lastly, if I wanted to change or take off the CPU, process monitor display from the desktop, how do I do this? In another derivative there was a simple utility to switch or remove these from the desktop and I don't see it in DeltaPup and I don't think I saw the application available in Puppy Download manager to download.

Thanks!

techtype

Re: Help with some minor tweaks?

#17 Post by techtype »

CRF wrote:I've enjoyed playing with DeltaPup and have installed directly to my hard drive.

I've noticed that when I insert a USB memory stick/drive, it doesn't seem to auto mount nor does an icon show up for me to easily access the USB device. What do I do so that it is automatically mounted and shows an icon?

Use the PCman file manager on the left side of the Quicklaunch icons. When you insert a usb drive, watch and it will appear in the drive list. Click on it and it will mount.

Secondly, with other Puppy derivatives, after doing a HD install, at shutdown I'm not asked to save anything to the hard drive (I think the Puppy2fs file?) it automatically does it for me and shuts down the computer. With Delta Pup when I do a shutdown, it always asks about saving the file. How do I change it to automatically save for me and shutdown without me having to hit the enter button a few times?

No idea on this, I always do frugal installs. You could post on Wow's thread.

Lastly, if I wanted to change or take off the CPU, process monitor display from the desktop, how do I do this? In another derivative there was a simple utility to switch or remove these from the desktop and I don't see it in DeltaPup and I don't think I saw the application available in Puppy Download manager to download.

Quick and dirty: in the Root folder, rename .conkyrc to .conkyrc.bak -- note that this is a hidden file.

Thanks!

Mysp

Download mirror for DeltaPup 1.6 ISO, now faster

#18 Post by Mysp »

You can download DeltaPup 1.6 ISO also from following URL. User name/password, captcha or account is NOT required. Plus now download will start immediately and speed should be limited only by your download speed.
(This will last until my download quota is exhausted, after that it it still possible to download, but at slower speed and with short wait.)

http://rapidshare.com/files/251599742/deltapup_1.6.iso

Schism

#19 Post by Schism »

Thanks,
I downloaded, ran it, it wouldn't let me save on exit. I got a black screen. Three times. Also had to use Xvesa.
Installed MU's nvidia-180.44-K2.6.28.5.pet, restarted, and it worked with no hassles, and would save.

Using:
Compaq Presario F750 laptop
-1GB ram
-1900 MHz Processor
-NVIDIA GeForce 7000M

techtype

#20 Post by techtype »

Schism wrote:Thanks,
I downloaded, ran it, it wouldn't let me save on exit. I got a black screen. Three times. Also had to use Xvesa.
Installed MU's nvidia-180.44-K2.6.28.5.pet, restarted, and it worked with no hassles, and would save.

Using:
Compaq Presario F750 laptop
-1GB ram
-1900 MHz Processor
-NVIDIA GeForce 7000M
Very Resourceful!! It's nice to see knowledgeable users report their success. Deltapup 2.0 includes the various video drivers on the ISO. However, I never released it because there is so little interest in this pup. For myself, I have moved on to Linux Mint Gloria on my more powerful machines.