pMusic 6.0.0

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
01micko

#261 Post by 01micko »

Wow! :)

Looks nice! Someone's been a busy puppy!

In the mixer I can't seem to get bass/treble to work (on fast box :wink: ) Is there any trick to it? Buttons seem greyed out. A midrange option would actually make it an equaliser...

Thanks!
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

tasmod

#262 Post by tasmod »

Hmm seem to be having browser issues.

Tried to download and got the 401 Not Authorised issue. No password box just a white page with text, any ideas.

Maybe my browser is corrupt as it will also not save my forum login password details ?
Rob
-
The moment after you press "Post" is the moment you actually see the typso 8)

01micko

#263 Post by 01micko »

Hi Rob

I had that issue yesterday. Try going directly to puppylinux.asia, then find zigbert's directory in TPP.

Cheers

tasmod

#264 Post by tasmod »

Hmmm, It may be a problem there. :?

There isn't a pmusic 0.7.0 on that server, hence that's why the link crashes.
Rob
-

zigbert

#265 Post by zigbert »

Mick
The treble/bass controller is only reachable if your soundcard supports it. This is NOT a software equalizer. You seems to be one of many unlucky guys who bought a too cheap soundcard. :) I have to admit that I would have been happy if my hardware supported tone control. :oops: That means; the treble/bass functions is totally untested. Let's hope one of those lucky bastards tells us how nice it is to tune the sound just the way they want it to be. :D

Where is your first window preset?
Sigmund

zigbert

#266 Post by zigbert »

Rob
Hope you will share your theme with us. It looks VERY promising. You will maybe think that the buttons are too big for the 'Manager' window in Pmusic 0.7.0, but don't rush. Maybe they will look gorgeous in 0.7.1...........I'm thinkin'

Sigmund
Attachments
pmusic-0.7.0.pet
(31.5 KiB) Downloaded 519 times

tasmod

#267 Post by tasmod »

Isn't life fun :?

OK downloaded the pet. Uninstalled 0.6.5 and then installed 0.7.0.

All OK then clicked on pmusic in menu. Splash screen opened OK and then a fleeting glimpse of a frame before 'nothing'. splash vanished and no sign of a program.

I seriously think something is wrong with my pupsave. I'm going to re-install again and report back.

------

I've added a pic of my desktop with the themes I've made, all on at once.
Attachments
alphatest.png
(25.91 KiB) Downloaded 2124 times
rougescreen.jpg
(92.44 KiB) Downloaded 1419 times
Rob
-

tasmod

#268 Post by tasmod »

Ooops, that was meant to be a testing icon. Sent original pic instead.

background is 'carbon fibre with authorised personnel only' but doesn't show up in pic.
Rob
-

DaveS

#269 Post by DaveS »

Oh Yes! THATS what i'm talkin about!

BTW.... on my laptop, plugging in headphones while Pmusic is playing mutes on-board speakers, as it should. Adjusting sound from tray icon is fine, but adjusting sound from within Pmusic GUI re-activates on-board speakers AND headphones. Unplugging headphones and then re-plugging them again mutes on-board speakers. :D
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

DaveS

#270 Post by DaveS »

I hate to ask for more, but could you put an 'exit' button on the GUI please.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

01micko

#271 Post by 01micko »

zigbert wrote:The treble/bass controller is only reachable if your soundcard supports it
Ahhh, ok.

I found a new computer, a PIII 600, it's quite a bit faster than the Dino and it has a sound card (not onboard like my fast box :( ) so later when I get it all set up how I want I'll give Pmusic-0.7.0 a spin and see how it goes.
zigbert wrote:Where is your first window preset?
I'm doing some work on puppyluvr's "puptv"... maybe I can work in something there.
tasmod wrote:I've added a pic of my desktop with the themes I've made, all on at once.
All you need now is a reddish gtk theme and your desktop will be complete. I'm working on a "Reign in Blood" theme! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

disciple

#272 Post by disciple »

You seems to be one of many unlucky guys who bought a too cheap soundcard.
I've had a couple of dozen soundcards, and I don't think any of them had tone controls... even the two nice ones that I use for recording as they are very clear and accurate. Although I guess serious audiophiles would say the sound would be worse if they had tone controls :)

Remember how music originally kept playing when you closed the pmusic window? How much work would it be to add this feature back in as a command line option?
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

DaveS

#273 Post by DaveS »

disciple wrote:
Remember how music originally kept playing when you closed the pmusic window? How much work would it be to add this feature back in as a command line option?
Disciple, I am interested to hear what practical diff there is between this, and just minimising the window. Lower resource use?
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

01micko

#274 Post by 01micko »

Here's my idea... what about a button that shrinks Pmusic to the task bar? Yeah, yeah, it's been suggested, and I bet ziggy is racking his brain trying to figure it out.

You, DaveS refreshed that idea in my mind when you responded to me about your opera/pwidgets/conky/mail problem. You, know, how opera puts an icon in the task bar.

Cheers

aragon

#275 Post by aragon »

disciple wrote:
i would appreciate this too. i loved this 'feature' of pmusic.

aragon

disciple

#276 Post by disciple »

Disciple, I am interested to hear what practical diff there is between this, and just minimising the window. Lower resource use?
It doesn't take up space on the taskbar. So you could put a button to launch Pmusic on the taskbar, and it would be almost like the xmms status icon, or using alltray... but with Pmusic.
The trouble is that Pmusic takes quite a while to open :(

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

DaveS

#277 Post by DaveS »

disciple wrote:
It doesn't take up space on the taskbar. So you could put a button to launch Pmusic on the taskbar, and it would be almost like the xmms status icon, or using alltray... but with Pmusic.
The trouble is that Pmusic takes quite a while to open :(
My guess is its checking the music database as it opens, which slows it down? If so, maybe it only checks say two levels, so putting your music lib in a sub-folder may fix it?
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

disciple

#278 Post by disciple »

No, I don't even use the database. Gtkdialog is just slow.

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

zigbert

#279 Post by zigbert »

disciple wrote:Remember how music originally kept playing when you closed the pmusic window? How much work would it be to add this feature back in as a command line option?
Have you tried the new function 'menu > window > Navigator window'. This is meant as a replacement for this.
01micko wrote:Here's my idea... what about a button that shrinks Pmusic to the task bar? Yeah, yeah, it's been suggested, and I bet ziggy is racking his brain trying to figure it out.
To be honest, I have never looked at this...... But if anyone have the knowledge, I'll listen. :)
DaveS wrote:My guess is its checking the music database as it opens, which slows it down?
The slow start has many aspects, but Pmusic does not check the database else you choose to 'Update index'. The startup-time could be improved, but is not ranked highest on my priority list.
disciple wrote:Gtkdialog is just slow.
Truly, - but I don't like that point of view. When things gets slow, the coder (zigbert in this case) has focused on features without having speed in mind. I tend to allow myself a slower application startup to keep things responsive while using the app. I like the speed of the Pmusic indexer and search function. I have never seen any other program viewing my 20000 audio files as fast as Pmusic. This specific part of the code was written with speed in mind, and other features in the indexer was pushed aside. But again. - Looking at my own code, things could be improved. The way I implemented support of flexible windows/guis slows down startup dramatically. Reorganize things could speed up things, but all solutions seems to have dark side.

Sigmund

01micko

#280 Post by 01micko »

zigbert wrote:I like the speed of the Pmusic indexer and search function. I have never seen any other program viewing my 20000 audio files as fast as Pmusic.
I didn't count mine, but there are a hell of a lot of files! Yes, the indexing was very fast. :)