Linksys WRT45g with desktop

Booting, installing, newbie
paullecorde

Linksys WRT45g with desktop

#1 Post by paullecorde »

I just bought a Linksys WRT45G router, which is a wireless router but has jacks for wired connections. I have a Win98 laptop that I will use via wireless connection. (I would eventually like to get the laptop to do everything with Puppy, but that hasn't happened yet.) I have an XP desktop and a Puppy desktop that I want to connect to this router by wire. The XP desktop is up and running, because of course the set up software is for Windows.

My question is what do I need to do to get Puppy connected to the internet with this router. The connection will be wired not wireless. Do I need to download WAG? Do I need ndiswrapper? From other posts I read that I need to copy drivers from the XP drivers folder. If this is the case can anyone tell me specifically which folder the XP drivers folder is and which files from that folder I will need to copy?

I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!!

Paul

rarsa

#2 Post by rarsa »

Most ethernet (wired) cards should work out of the box with Puppy.

Just start the Ethernet wizard and give it a try. (It's under the 'Setup' menu)

If you coudn't find a suitable driver module with the wizard, please post your cards brand, model and version.

paullecorde

#3 Post by paullecorde »

Rasra, thanks for your response....

After doing the Cable Internet Wizard set up a couple of times the Puppy PC is connected without adding any new software or drivers... The Linksys WRT45G works great..

Thanks and Happy New Year!!