Unable to boot from USB pen drive or SD card

Booting, installing, newbie
berserker_z

Unable to boot from USB pen drive or SD card

#1 Post by berserker_z »

Hi, I am a newbie to Linux. Found Puppy and very amazed by its live-CD(version 1.0.6). Installed puppy to my 1 GB thumb drive but can't boot from it. Always have this error message about ISOLINUX loading problem. Tried using a card reader and a 1 GB SD card.. same problem. Pls help

berserker_z

#2 Post by berserker_z »

I mean I can't boot from pen drive

babbs

#3 Post by babbs »

berserker_z,

First, welcome to Linux in general, and Puppy Linux specifically. Due to your very positive comments about the LiveCD I anticipate your continued trip into the (Puppy) Linux world to be a pleasent one. :)

While I'd like to help you with your problem directly, you haven't provided enough specific information about your situation. There could be a number of reasons why you are having problems. What I'd like you to do first is visit the wiki page that covers trouble booting USB keys at:
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/TroubleBootingUSBKeys

Then, if you are still having problems, post your system information, brand/model information for your pen drive and method you used to put Puppy on it. There are a number of very knowledgable people on this forum that can (and will) assist you once they know more.

Babbs

berserker_z

#4 Post by berserker_z »

Hi Babbs

Visited the wiki page, an eye opener I would say. Thanks & Nice to meet u and all puppy gangs here. Like to wish all a fruitful new year ahead!! The use drives i used was not mine, but have made the decision to buy one solely for puppy, despite current boot failure. Puppy Linux is simply too tempting for me to give up.

Lets pup up !!

Berserker_z

berserker_z

#5 Post by berserker_z »

Found only 1.0.6 multisession version(yes only multisession) able to make a bootable pen drive for me(for both my PC and laptop)... all other version from 1.0.4 to 1.0.7 not able to do it. Funny. Willing to supple my system s' config if anyone wish to investigate.