AbiWord 2.6.4 - Upgrade wanted

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
ecomoney

#21 Post by ecomoney »

Ok....first and foremost, I do not wish to oversee/manage/own Puppy Linux. Ive stated this on many occasions. I do want to see it as a much more used technology. It needs to be a "more used" technology. To do this Ive got to come across as less egotistical....Im not arguing with that.

Ok.....Ive knocked WhoDo and Ttuxxx over the issues with 4.2.0. This wasnt a good strategy. Now they take anything I say as me "getting at them". They did the best they could with the knowledge/experience/background they have....

Ok....the other good point is that anyone "in charge" should have some "Technical" as well as some "user" experience of Puppy Linux, plus a good understanding of its aims and objectives, and of development techniques. Ive got a lot experience as a programmer from a "technical" background too, quite a bit in fact...If someone asks I will tell them, Im an "Open Book". If I post what Ive done programmatically/technically in the past will you all say "egotist" or Im looking to Lead? How can I win?

Ok.....Im worried too about the future of Puppy when BarryK leaves

Our main aim at the moment should be to create something sustainable for the long term development of Puppy, and Im willing to work *with* whoever will make that happen.
Puppy Linux's [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=296352#296352]Mission[/url]

Sorry, my server is down atm!

tronkel

#22 Post by tronkel »

ecomoney wrote:
To do this Ive got to come across as less egotistical....Im not arguing with that
Well, that's progress at least.

I must admit that I too am guilty of being egotistical on occasions. Most people are like this sometimes. If you see me doing that, you have full permission to pull me up for it!

There must be a help-guide somewhere on the internet that describes a good methodology for getting what you want - but without making it obvious. Sounds like good management practice to me.
Life is too short to spend it in front of a computer

ecomoney

#23 Post by ecomoney »

There must be a help-guide somewhere on the internet that describes a good methodology for getting what you want - but without making it obvious. Sounds like good management practice to me.
just looking on Amazon under author "William Gates" :lol:

Honestly, I always describe myself to the people I work with IRL as the "Delivery Boy" for Puppy Linux, I write up what I do as an intended encouragement for the puppy developers to continue doing what they do. If Im coming across wrong I will review my writing style.
Puppy Linux's [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=296352#296352]Mission[/url]

Sorry, my server is down atm!

bugman

#24 Post by bugman »

@trio

thanks for the pet, some poor misguided soul sent me a docx file today, and with your help i was able to see the cursed thing

:D

trio

#25 Post by trio »

cursed that docx :lol: you are welcome bugman