How to write on sfs filesystem

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Joydeep

How to write on sfs filesystem

#1 Post by Joydeep »

Hello list,

I have come here as you know the architecture of puppy and I really needs some guidance from you.

I have installed grub2 on my pendrive and on a reiserfs partition of the pendrive I did frugal installation of puppy. I always carry it as it has all the servers related information which I manage remotely. I have designed a script which is supposed to run on my linux pc at office and after attaching the pendrive udev automatically mount the partition where puppy files are located and mount the sfs file through loop-back device. The final part the script has to do is decrypt an encrypted folder and syncronise it with a folder located at office linux pc. Now the problem>> it is not possible to write on the mounted sfs file ( even as root !! ). Is there any way to write on .sfs

Kindly suggest.

mysticmarks

SFS

#2 Post by mysticmarks »

Short answer is no. Long answer is that it is very easy to create sfs files, and it would be easy enough to script the creation of one.

ravensrest

#3 Post by ravensrest »

Generally, one cannot write to a squashed file system. You can accomplish what amounts to the same thing though by unsquashing the file, writing whatever you need to write, and then re-squashing it.
BS