irssi 0.8.12

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
memeyou

irssi 0.8.12

#1 Post by memeyou »

Unlike some text mode IRC clients, Irssi is not based on the ircII code, and was written from scratch. This freed the developers from having to deal with the constraints of an existing codebase, allowing them to maintain tighter control over issues such as security and customization. Numerous modules and Perl scripts have been made available for Irssi to customise how it looks and operates.

memeyou

A Guide to Efficiently Using Irssi and Screen

#2 Post by memeyou »

I recommend using screen with this. Here is a basic guide on using them both together.

mohan34u

#3 Post by mohan34u »

Thanks mate,

I actually started to build it again, then I realized that I shouldn't do the cycle one more time. Just searched for irssi and landed in your page. Thanks for your build.

It will be really helpful if DeepThought come with irssi preinstalled.

Q5sys

Re: A Guide to Efficiently Using Irssi and Screen

#4 Post by Q5sys »

memeyou wrote:I recommend using screen with this. Here is a basic guide on using them both together.

any advice for a non linux pro, on how to install screen? ive managed to get the source, but im not that good at compiling without instructions.

KentC

#5 Post by KentC »

Thank you very much! I prefer this over Xchat, as the GUI doesn't really allow for alot. Woulldn't mind an mIRC Wine .pet

But this will be fine, just need to learn how to configure such and navigate. All seems well.

Tested in Puppy Linux 4.3.1 *WORKING*

Kent C.