Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 30 Oct 2014, 15:00
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Eye Candy
Icon Themes Exchange
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 5 of 25 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ..., 23, 24, 25 Next
steve_s

PostPosted: Fri 27 Mar 2009, 13:32    Post_subject:  

brymway wrote:
A list of choices is not complete without the antithesis of itself. Here is a set of un-icons.

minimalism at it's finest! Cool
steve_s

PostPosted: Sat 28 Mar 2009, 20:44    Post_subject:
Sub_title: Icon Questions

I know this is nothing compared to the awesome release of 4.2, but I have icon questions:

1. I changed the default folder icon. I want to set it back so that whenever I change the icon theme that folder icon changes with the theme (right now it stays with the custom icon that I picked). So, how do I do that?

2. I have one computer (my PII laptop) that enjoys 4.0 and can't use anything higher...that's just fine by me. However, I like that the "Menu" button changes with the 4.2 icon themes. How can I get that to occur on 4.0? I don't know which file to edit...
steve_s

PostPosted: Sun 29 Mar 2009, 15:22    Post_subject:
Sub_title: Icon Questions

steve_s wrote:
I know this is nothing compared to the awesome release of 4.2, but I have icon questions:

1. I changed the default folder icon. I want to set it back so that whenever I change the icon theme that folder icon changes with the theme (right now it stays with the custom icon that I picked). So, how do I do that?

2. I have one computer (my PII laptop) that enjoys 4.0 and can't use anything higher...that's just fine by me. However, I like that the "Menu" button changes with the 4.2 icon themes. How can I get that to occur on 4.0? I don't know which file to edit...

We answered number 2 on the JWM themes exchange (well, the illustrious ttuuxxx did) but I would still like to know how to fix question number one if anyone knows...
ttuuxxx

PostPosted: Sun 29 Mar 2009, 17:06    Post_subject:  

For your answer to question number 1 install this pet Smile
ttuuxxx
folderfix.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  folderfix.pet 
Filesize  477 Bytes 
Downloaded  648 Time(s) 

steve_s

PostPosted: Sun 29 Mar 2009, 17:17    Post_subject:  

ttuuxxx wrote:
For your answer to question number 1 install this pet Smile
ttuuxxx

Well, rats, ttuuxxx....I installed it, rebooted, no dice.

Is there a file to edit? What did I do wrong?

**Nevermind, I figured it out. I realized that folderfix.pet essentially just set up links to the correct folder icon. However it was putting it in a folder that wasn't the one that was being selected. So I clicked on the "Select Icon" option, then clicked on the part where it said "change inode/directory" and that showed where the link for the folder was coming from/referring to. I then went to that folder. The link was coming from /root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/MIME-icons, and the link was wrong of course, hence my problem.

So I made that link refer to the same place that the proposed link from folderfix was referring to yet kept the same name. There were two of them, mime-inode:directory.png and mime-inode:mount-point.png, both were links that now referred to the correct location, the folder48.png located at /usr/local/lib/X11/pixmaps/.

That seems to have taken care of it. Of course, if it's all screwed up after the next reboot, then I'll know I did something wrong. Cool
steve_s

PostPosted: Mon 30 Mar 2009, 12:44    Post_subject: PV-icon-theme  

It was mentioned in the "Fake XP Look" thread that it might be nice to have an icon theme that looks similar to, uh, the competition, if it can be called that.

So, here are the PV-icons. "PV" can really stand for anything you want them to. For example, Puppy Vista, positively vibrant, pickled vermin, etc. Be creative. Cool

Notice that this icon set, for all extents and purposed has no discernible logos on them and all but the start-button are from icons that I either got from the other thread or around the web. I picked the ones I felt best about, cleaned, resized, renamed, etc.

Oh, that screenshot is, believe it or not, JWM. It is using this icon theme, WhoDo's theme that he posted very first on the JWM themes exchange and the background that he included with that theme, all on 4.2. Pretty amazing, huh?

Enjoy...
pv-theme-screenie1.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   55.45 KB
 Viewed   4981 Time(s)

pv-theme-screenie1.jpg

PV-icons.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  PV-icons.pet 
Filesize  219.73 KB 
Downloaded  1408 Time(s) 
ttuuxxx

PostPosted: Mon 30 Mar 2009, 13:15    Post_subject: Re: PV-icon-theme  

steve_s wrote:
It was mentioned in the "Fake XP Look" thread that it might be nice to have an icon theme that looks similar to, uh, the competition, if it can be called that.

So, here are the PV-icons. "PV" can really stand for anything you want them to. For example, Puppy Vista, positively vibrant, pickled vermin, etc. Be creative. Cool

Notice that this icon set, for all extents and purposed has no discernible logos on them and all but the start-button are from icons that I either got from the other thread or around the web. I picked the ones I felt best about, cleaned, resized, renamed, etc.

Oh, that screenshot is, believe it or not, JWM. It is using this icon theme, WhoDo's theme that he posted very first on the JWM themes exchange and the background that he included with that theme, all on 4.2. Pretty amazing, huh?

Enjoy...

Looks great and excellent size for the icons compared to the 80MB file I posted on the other thread Smile Goodwork Smile
ttuuxxx

steve_s

PostPosted: Mon 30 Mar 2009, 13:22    Post_subject: Re: PV-icon-theme  

ttuuxxx wrote:

Looks great and excellent size for the icons compared to the 80MB file I posted on the other thread Smile Goodwork Smile
ttuuxxx

Thanks! Cool
big_bass

PostPosted: Mon 30 Mar 2009, 13:28    Post_subject:  

steve_s

I like that cartoon look my kids would love that I'll have to show them
your vista is nice too

ttuuxxx your theme looks great too but try some black desktop backgounds
instead of dismal gray it would have better contrast
to really show off your work better

big_bass
steve_s

PostPosted: Mon 30 Mar 2009, 13:34    Post_subject:  

big_bass wrote:
steve_s

I like that cartoon look my kids would love that I'll have to show them
your vista is nice too

big_bass

Thanks! Yeah, I'm a much bigger fan of the gant theme than the pv one, but I thought it would be worthwhile to have 'em both.
ecomoney

PostPosted: Mon 30 Mar 2009, 16:50    Post_subject:  

Not exactly icon themes....bit icon-ish

These are some special program launchers that Ive taken from ecopup that I saw by Guestoo some time ago. They allow double or single clicking to launch, but if the user double clicks they will still only get one instance of the application. It also shows a (very poor) splash screen for the application. They also show a tooltip when hovered over.

Installing the .pet puts them in /root/my-roxapps. Go in there and right click any of the icons and select "look inside", and this will reveal the goodies within. It should be obvious what everything does.

ecopup-launchers.pet

Sorry, my server is down atm!
battleshooter

PostPosted: Sun 05 Apr 2009, 04:49    Post_subject: Re: PV-icon-theme  

steve_s wrote:

Enjoy...

Unbelievable. Puppy is just getting more and more amazing. I would've never thought JWM could look so good. Far out. Shocked Nice job Cool The irony of using such a light weight windows manager to look like the most heavy weight program known to me/mankind Wink is priceless. Awesome!
steve_s

PostPosted: Thu 09 Apr 2009, 11:36    Post_subject:
Sub_title: Intrigue icon theme

Looking for a theme that is somewhere between minimalist and extravagant? Then Intrigue is the theme you are looking for...with the usual odd tweaks and such on my part (with custom start-button for 4.2) this is mostly from the Intrigue theme from kde-look.org. I picked it to take care of the gap between the flat minimalist themes and the more exotic themes like gant and such. Enjoy! Cool

Oh, the wallpaper is of a statue outside of Ft. Stockton, TX, and the jwm theme is courtesy of dejan555 from the jwm themes exchange, calm-blue. Looks good dejan!
intrigue-screenie1.png
 Description   
 Filesize   327.14 KB
 Viewed   4721 Time(s)

intrigue-screenie1.png

Intrigue.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  Intrigue.pet 
Filesize  255.08 KB 
Downloaded  868 Time(s) 
dejan555

PostPosted: Thu 09 Apr 2009, 11:39    Post_subject:
Sub_title: Intrigue icon theme

steve_s wrote:
Looks good dejan!

Thanks, I c u use lots of my stuff Smile Nice background photo. Cool

steve_s

PostPosted: Fri 10 Apr 2009, 13:03    Post_subject:
Sub_title: Japan-pup from Feel of Japan icons

...and these, folks, are just amazing. From here these icons are for the most part by the same artist that did the Gant icons...Feel of Japan icons, titled Japan-pup. Usual mod's by myself including the start-button..enjoy! Cool

Background is from here, original DeepThought JWM theme with gradient-brown gtk (first time I've ever liked that gtk theme).
japan-pup-screenie1.png
 Description   
 Filesize   382.1 KB
 Viewed   4752 Time(s)

japan-pup-screenie1.png

Japan-pup-icons.pet
Description 
pet

Download 
Filename  Japan-pup-icons.pet 
Filesize  175.16 KB 
Downloaded  1125 Time(s) 
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 5 of 25 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ..., 23, 24, 25 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Eye Candy
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum