Mozilla 1.8 is UNSAFE ????

Using applications, configuring, problems
Billwho?
Trialing 4.20

#21 Post by Billwho? »

This user may simply be raising a legitimate concern. I certainly hope so and it is something to keep in mind. But their tone was of putting to the point that I began to suspect they are not really Linux user at all, just an employee of that Gate$ fella, saying behave children and come away from that Puppy he's been playing with a Penguin and you don't know what virus' and stuff he may have caught.( Hope I'm wrong )
After all one of reasons I'm leaving M$ in first place is that the only information I got was "This is a critical update to prevent someone running malicious code on your machine." No mention of the fact that in 9 out of 10 cases my Firewall was already doing this for me. Not an exact quote but near enough.

Pizzasgood

#22 Post by Pizzasgood »

Just nine out of ten? So 10% of the time you had people running malicious code on your machine?
Sounds like Windows to me :)

I've heard the argument that you just need to spend a couple hours per week maintaining Windows, but why bother when you can spend a couple hours to set up Linux and never have to worry about it again.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

#23 Post by Guest »

The one update out of ten that was worthwile didn't even attempt to patch a security hole. It just improved intergration with other programs already on my computer. As for malicious code due to the age of my old PC I could not run a current firewall towards the end , so who Knows how bad it was.
PI
199Mhz
32 MB Ram
Glad I have finaly upgraded.

Now I just need a decent modem and I can plug the window for good.

Billwho?
Trialing 4.20

Billwho?

#24 Post by Billwho? »

Whoops!! guess I forgot to let everyone know who I was. :oops: Must have windows installed in my head. :shock: :oops:

J_Rey

#25 Post by J_Rey »

Well, Barry needs the source tarball to compile Mozilla/SeaMonkey as he wants it. Good news though, the SeaMonkey Suite is a few days away from releasing a public beta (which would include another source tarball).