pWidgets 2.5.8

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
01micko

#1441 Post by 01micko »

trio wrote:Holy crap! Just noticed Sigmund's current temperature, it's minus 6 celcius!!!!!!!!!! I'll be an ice cube if I am there!
That's nothing, it was -20 and less around Christmas

Hang on! Now let me see ... ice=diamonds=............bling
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

trio

#1442 Post by trio »

01micko wrote:
zigbert wrote:
Mick wrote:Slideshow in pupp_right is exactly 80 pixels left Confused I edited in the blabla/puppy_right/xli script to correct for me.
If your slow brain, - What about mine. - I don't even get what is wrong :?
When I use cluster, the slide show is exactly 80 pixels left of where it should be. It is printed so in "~/.pwidgets/profiles/Puppy___right/pwidgets-exec_xli"

Code: Select all

#Pwidgets
xli -geometry +1100+385 /root/.pwidgets/misc/frame.jpg &
sleep 1
xli -geometry +1107+392 -delay 5 -goto /root/.pwidgets/misc/scaledimages/01.png /root/.pwidgets/misc/scaledimages/*.png &
as compared to "~/.pwidgets/pwidgets-exec_xli"

Code: Select all

#Pwidgets
xli -geometry +1180+455 /root/.pwidgets/misc/frame.jpg &
sleep 0.2
xli -geometry +1187+462 -delay 5 -goto /root/.pwidgets/misc/scaledimages/01.png /root/.pwidgets/misc/scaledimages/*.png &
I should have been clearer. I am running live in RAM and deleted my ~/.pwidgets dir before installing 1.9-10.

Cheers
Look at your slideshow config ...OFFSET value right is 40?

trio

#1443 Post by trio »

01micko wrote: Hang on! Now let me see ... ice=diamonds=............bling
Yeah, you bling my eyes when you say bling bling by showing bling.., bling that! what the bling am I talking about

01micko

#1444 Post by 01micko »

****yes****

trio

#1445 Post by trio »

Guys

don't laugh ok.. :) I think there's more to it than providing pwidgets for 4.2 users, or to be exact non-bling users, better to open it as independant project, Whodo's the one to decide for 4.2, but you Sigmund, you're the one to decide about pwidgets.., get my point?

Volunteers works for nothing...small or big the contribution is...if credit given then you should receive..if not? so what?

I'm going back to 4.1.2 ...and install pwidgets in there...at least it's a done deal (and only Barry alone is entitled of credits)...

trio

#1446 Post by trio »

Forget to say ..."BLING!!!!!

01micko

#1447 Post by 01micko »

trio wrote:Guys

don't laugh ok.. :) I think there's more to it than providing pwidgets for 4.2 users, or to be exact non-bling users, better to open it as independant project, Whodo's the one to decide for 4.2, but you Sigmund, you're the one to decide about pwidgets.., get my point?

Volunteers works for nothing...small or big the contribution is...if credit given then you should receive..if not? so what?

I'm going back to 4.1.2 ...and install pwidgets in there...at least it's a done deal (and only Barry alone is entitled of credits)...
Hehe... I already got a repo of old versions.... for example...http://home.iprimus.com.au/michaelamadi ... -0.5-1.pet

01micko

#1448 Post by 01micko »

I got my pw1.9-10 in my 412..... did you notice the different screenies? Exactly the same issues though. I have every mod needed, plus my gimp and all else is there, dev_x, woof files, old 486 stuff bla, bla, bla, blan, blin, bling!

trio

#1449 Post by trio »

01micko wrote:I got my pw1.9-10 in my 412..... did you notice the different screenies? Exactly the same issues though. I have every mod needed, plus my gimp and all else is there, dev_x, woof files, old 486 stuff bla, bla, bla, blan, blin, bling!
Yep, one with your wife on it, one without :lol: :lol:

01micko

#1450 Post by 01micko »

trio wrote:
Yep, one with your wife on it, one without :lol: :lol:
Nah, that's not the ... hang on... um..... BLING

zigbert

#1451 Post by zigbert »

Hello Blingy Boys :D

Here is quick reference. Could may be put into the howto?

Creating a widget

A simple widget

Take a look at /root/.pwidgets/configs/ScrollText. Change the text at bottom of the file. Save new file with another name (keep it in /root/.pwidgets/configs/). Restart Pwidgets, and your new widget is available.

A more complex widget

1.) ENGINE
Pwidgets supports 4 widget engines, but 3 of them are hardcoded for a unique widget. Conky is what we have used to build most of our widgets.
- conky (base engine)
- xli (Slideshow)
- xwinwrap (Tv)
- xonclock (Analog-clock)

2.) CONFIG

A widget MUST have a config file in /root/.pwidgets/configs/ (See examples). Normally this is a ordinary conky config file. The config filename will be the widgets name. Content of this directory shows up in 'Available widgets' list in the main gui.

3.) SCRIPTS

If external code needs to be run to fetch new info for the widget, call up the widgets script in /root/.pwidgets/scripts/. The script should have the same name as the config file. It is also possible to run a specified script before reading config file. 'Downspeed' is an example of this. The script file has the same name as the config file with a -pre ending (Downspeed-pre), and is placed in /root/.pwidgets/scripts/.

4.) THEME

Your new widget will follow the global theme settings. If you want to override this you can hardcode colors in config files. Though, the best solution is to make a unique theme for your widget. Themes are placed in /root/.pwidgets/themes/THEME/main. The main file works for all widgets. If a unique theme is specified, this one overrides the main theme. The unique theme should have the same name as the config file (widget name).

5.) PLUGIN
If the new widget requires user configuration to works properly, a plugin may do the job. A plugin is a small gui that edits the widget config file. Plugins are stored in /root/.pwidgets/plugins/, and has the same name as the config file. It will show up automatically when user adds your widget from 'Available widgets' to 'Widget list'. After user input, let the plugin execute:
. /usr/local/pwidgets/locals/english
. /usr/local/pwidgets/func -apply
fixwidgets

This builds the chosen widget tree including the changed info from this plugin.
Last edited by zigbert on Wed 23 Sep 2009, 20:20, edited 3 times in total.

WhoDo

#1452 Post by WhoDo »

trio wrote:I've mistakenly lured to answer about pwidgets in 4.2 rc2 thread...No..no more...enough of that...
Enough indeed! Please accept my apology for the treatment you received in trying to be helpful, and read my directive in the RC2 Bugs & Fixes thread about how I expect things to proceed from this point forward.

Again, my apologies to you trio. :oops:
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

tasmod

#1453 Post by tasmod »

WhoDo, haven't been able to access site and read everything.

But if you have asked for decorum on rc2 thread, then I applaud you.

ttuuxxs opinions are just that, but no insults required. I'm sticking here even though I said i would retreat.

Rob
Rob
-
The moment after you press "Post" is the moment you actually see the typso 8)

01micko

#1454 Post by 01micko »

zigbert wrote:Hello Blingy Boys :D
Only 10 minus this morning. Don't forget your gloves when arriving Valåmoen.

Here is quick reference. Could may be put into the howto?

Creating a widget

A simple widget

Take a look at /root/.pwidgets/configs/Puppylinux. Change the text at bottom of the file. Save new file with another name (keep it in /root/.pwidgets/configs/). Restart Pwidgets, and your new widget is available.

A more complex widget

1.) ENGINE
Pwidgets supports 4 widget engines. When you want to create a new widget, the first point is to define which engine to use.
- conky (Most common)
- xli (Slideshow)
- xwinwrap (Tv)
- xonclock (Analog-clock)

2.) CONFIG

A widget MUST have a config file in /root/.pwidgets/configs/ (See examples). The config filename will be the widgets name. Content of this directory shows up in 'Available widgets' list in the main gui.

3.) SCRIPTS

If external code needs to be run to fetch new info for the widget, call up the widgets script in /root/.pwidgets/scripts/. The script should have the same name as the config file. It is also possible to run a specified script before reading config file. 'Downspeed' is an example of this. The script file has the same name as the config file with a -pre ending (Downspeed-pre), and is placed in /root/.pwidgets/scripts/.

4.) THEME

Your new widget will follow the global theme settings. If you want to override this you can hardcode colors in config files. Though, the best solution is to make a unique theme for your widget. Themes are placed in /root/.pwidgets/themes/THEME/main. The main file works for all widgets. If a unique theme is specified, this one overrides the main theme. The unique theme should have the same name as the config file (widget name).

5.) PLUGIN
If the new widget requires user configuration to works properly, a plugin may do the job. A plugin is a small gui that edits the widget config file. Plugins are stored in /root/.pwidgets/plugins/, and has the same name as the config file. It will show up automatically when user adds your widget from 'Available widgets' to 'Widget list'. After user input, let the plugin execute:
. /usr/local/pwidgets/locals/english
. /usr/local/pwidgets/func -apply
fixwidgets

This builds the chosen widget tree including the changed info from this plugin.
Well HOWTO is my department so I can do, will simplify to the best of my ability.

Cheers

tasmod

#1455 Post by tasmod »

Zigbert,

just doing a poll. Hope this is right 'Hvor gamle er du'

If not blame online translators :lol:
Rob
-

WhoDo

#1456 Post by WhoDo »

tasmod wrote:... if you have asked for decorum on rc2 thread, then I applaud you.
I did a fraction more than just "ask", Rob. I don't know if it will do any good, but I couldn't let it roll through any longer the way it was going. I want you, Zigbert, trio and 01micko to know that, whatever else is said by the vocal minority around here, I appreciate all the effort you guys have put into the 4.2 project and it WILL be reflected in the product I release.

Sometimes members of the Puppy forum community forget that there are way more users of Puppy than the ones who post here regularly. One such user has only posted 7 times since 2005, and another was recently prompted to make only his second post since he started using Puppy 2.xx some time back. There are many more that have never posted and one of those has recently written the best review of Puppy's capabilities I have yet seen. We really are only the very tip of the iceberg here (analogy especially for Sigmund :P ).

That should give you guys heart; to know that your hard work will NOT go unrecognised and nor will the harmony and support you share in the Pwidgets team. Thank you all for that.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]

tasmod

#1457 Post by tasmod »

Thanks WhoDo, much appreciated.

The 'fun' was going out of it for us and I'm enjoying it so much just now.

Zigberts contributions when I look thru Puppy are very numerous and not to be derided. I think he writes succinct code.

In the 'old' days when ram was precious you were taught to do things miserly. I once managed to fit a simple word processor and printer routine in 5k. Even then I was told it was too flashy :lol:
Rob
-

01micko

#1458 Post by 01micko »

WhoDo wrote:
tasmod wrote:... if you have asked for decorum on rc2 thread, then I applaud you.
I did a fraction more than just "ask", Rob. I don't know if it will do any good, but I couldn't let it roll through any longer the way it was going. I want you, Zigbert, trio and 01micko to know that, whatever else is said by the vocal minority around here, I appreciate all the effort you guys have put into the 4.2 project and it WILL be reflected in the product I release.

Sometimes members of the Puppy forum community forget that there are way more users of Puppy than the ones who post here regularly. One such user has only posted 7 times since 2005, and another was recently prompted to make only his second post since he started using Puppy 2.xx some time back. There are many more that have never posted and one of those has recently written the best review of Puppy's capabilities I have yet seen. We really are only the very tip of the iceberg here (analogy especially for Sigmund :P ).

That should give you guys heart; to know that your hard work will NOT go unrecognised and nor will the harmony and support you share in the Pwidgets team. Thank you all for that.
TY for your support too, WhoDo 8)

trio

#1459 Post by trio »

Whodo

You're a big sport! You don't even have to apologize for what others did. !But anyway, my sincere thanks and off course all accepted. We stop it here, don't go further or I'll cry...

Ps: what you just did on the 4.2 thread is wise...very wise..

WhoDo

#1460 Post by WhoDo »

tasmod wrote:In the 'old' days when ram was precious you were taught to do things miserly. I once managed to fit a simple word processor and printer routine in 5k. Even then I was told it was too flashy :lol:
Yes, I remember. I learned serious programming in VAXBasic using a VT100 terminal and a maximum of 32k of space for both compiler and program code. We considered ourselves "spoiled" at having so much room to work when the entire main frame hard drive was only 5Mb. :roll: