Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 22 Dec 2014, 08:15
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Desktop
pWidgets 2.5.6
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 97 of 207 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, ..., 205, 206, 207 Next
01micko

PostPosted: Wed 11 Mar 2009, 04:08    Post_subject:  

trio wrote:
Holy crap! Just noticed Sigmund's current temperature, it's minus 6 celcius!!!!!!!!!! I'll be an ice cube if I am there!

That's nothing, it was -20 and less around Christmas

Hang on! Now let me see ... ice=diamonds=............bling

trio

PostPosted: Wed 11 Mar 2009, 04:13    Post_subject:  

01micko wrote:
zigbert wrote:
Mick wrote:
Slideshow in pupp_right is exactly 80 pixels left Confused I edited in the blabla/puppy_right/xli script to correct for me.
If your slow brain, - What about mine. - I don't even get what is wrong Confused

When I use cluster, the slide show is exactly 80 pixels left of where it should be. It is printed so in "~/.pwidgets/profiles/Puppy___right/pwidgets-exec_xli"
Code:
#Pwidgets
xli -geometry +1100+385 /root/.pwidgets/misc/frame.jpg &
sleep 1
xli -geometry +1107+392 -delay 5 -goto /root/.pwidgets/misc/scaledimages/01.png /root/.pwidgets/misc/scaledimages/*.png &

as compared to "~/.pwidgets/pwidgets-exec_xli"
Code:
#Pwidgets
xli -geometry +1180+455 /root/.pwidgets/misc/frame.jpg &
sleep 0.2
xli -geometry +1187+462 -delay 5 -goto /root/.pwidgets/misc/scaledimages/01.png /root/.pwidgets/misc/scaledimages/*.png &

I should have been clearer. I am running live in RAM and deleted my ~/.pwidgets dir before installing 1.9-10.

Cheers

Look at your slideshow config ...OFFSET value right is 40?

trio

PostPosted: Wed 11 Mar 2009, 04:18    Post_subject:  

01micko wrote:

Hang on! Now let me see ... ice=diamonds=............bling

Yeah, you bling my eyes when you say bling bling by showing bling.., bling that! what the bling am I talking about

01micko

PostPosted: Wed 11 Mar 2009, 04:20    Post_subject:  

****yes****
trio

PostPosted: Wed 11 Mar 2009, 05:20    Post_subject:  

Guys

don't laugh ok.. Smile I think there's more to it than providing pwidgets for 4.2 users, or to be exact non-bling users, better to open it as independant project, Whodo's the one to decide for 4.2, but you Sigmund, you're the one to decide about pwidgets.., get my point?

Volunteers works for nothing...small or big the contribution is...if credit given then you should receive..if not? so what?

I'm going back to 4.1.2 ...and install pwidgets in there...at least it's a done deal (and only Barry alone is entitled of credits)...

trio

PostPosted: Wed 11 Mar 2009, 05:28    Post_subject:  

Forget to say ..."BLING!!!!!
01micko

PostPosted: Wed 11 Mar 2009, 05:36    Post_subject:  

trio wrote:
Guys

don't laugh ok.. Smile I think there's more to it than providing pwidgets for 4.2 users, or to be exact non-bling users, better to open it as independant project, Whodo's the one to decide for 4.2, but you Sigmund, you're the one to decide about pwidgets.., get my point?

Volunteers works for nothing...small or big the contribution is...if credit given then you should receive..if not? so what?

I'm going back to 4.1.2 ...and install pwidgets in there...at least it's a done deal (and only Barry alone is entitled of credits)...

Hehe... I already got a repo of old versions.... for example...http://home.iprimus.com.au/michaelamadio/download/pwidgets-0.5-1.pet

01micko

PostPosted: Wed 11 Mar 2009, 05:41    Post_subject:  

I got my pw1.9-10 in my 412..... did you notice the different screenies? Exactly the same issues though. I have every mod needed, plus my gimp and all else is there, dev_x, woof files, old 486 stuff bla, bla, bla, blan, blin, bling!
trio

PostPosted: Wed 11 Mar 2009, 05:47    Post_subject:  

01micko wrote:
I got my pw1.9-10 in my 412..... did you notice the different screenies? Exactly the same issues though. I have every mod needed, plus my gimp and all else is there, dev_x, woof files, old 486 stuff bla, bla, bla, blan, blin, bling!

Yep, one with your wife on it, one without Laughing Laughing

01micko

PostPosted: Wed 11 Mar 2009, 05:54    Post_subject:  

trio wrote:

Yep, one with your wife on it, one without Laughing Laughing

Nah, that's not the ... hang on... um..... BLING

zigbert

PostPosted: Wed 11 Mar 2009, 06:43    Post_subject:  

Hello Blingy Boys Very Happy

Here is quick reference. Could may be put into the howto?

Creating a widget

A simple widget

Take a look at /root/.pwidgets/configs/ScrollText. Change the text at bottom of the file. Save new file with another name (keep it in /root/.pwidgets/configs/). Restart Pwidgets, and your new widget is available.

A more complex widget

1.) ENGINE
Pwidgets supports 4 widget engines, but 3 of them are hardcoded for a unique widget. Conky is what we have used to build most of our widgets.
- conky (base engine)
- xli (Slideshow)
- xwinwrap (Tv)
- xonclock (Analog-clock)

2.) CONFIG

A widget MUST have a config file in /root/.pwidgets/configs/ (See examples). Normally this is a ordinary conky config file. The config filename will be the widgets name. Content of this directory shows up in 'Available widgets' list in the main gui.

3.) SCRIPTS

If external code needs to be run to fetch new info for the widget, call up the widgets script in /root/.pwidgets/scripts/. The script should have the same name as the config file. It is also possible to run a specified script before reading config file. 'Downspeed' is an example of this. The script file has the same name as the config file with a -pre ending (Downspeed-pre), and is placed in /root/.pwidgets/scripts/.

4.) THEME

Your new widget will follow the global theme settings. If you want to override this you can hardcode colors in config files. Though, the best solution is to make a unique theme for your widget. Themes are placed in /root/.pwidgets/themes/THEME/main. The main file works for all widgets. If a unique theme is specified, this one overrides the main theme. The unique theme should have the same name as the config file (widget name).

5.) PLUGIN
If the new widget requires user configuration to works properly, a plugin may do the job. A plugin is a small gui that edits the widget config file. Plugins are stored in /root/.pwidgets/plugins/, and has the same name as the config file. It will show up automatically when user adds your widget from 'Available widgets' to 'Widget list'. After user input, let the plugin execute:
. /usr/local/pwidgets/locals/english
. /usr/local/pwidgets/func -apply
fixwidgets

This builds the chosen widget tree including the changed info from this plugin.

Edited_times_total
WhoDo

PostPosted: Wed 11 Mar 2009, 06:55    Post_subject:  

trio wrote:
I've mistakenly lured to answer about pwidgets in 4.2 rc2 thread...No..no more...enough of that...

Enough indeed! Please accept my apology for the treatment you received in trying to be helpful, and read my directive in the RC2 Bugs & Fixes thread about how I expect things to proceed from this point forward.

Again, my apologies to you trio. Embarassed

tasmod

PostPosted: Wed 11 Mar 2009, 07:05    Post_subject:  

WhoDo, haven't been able to access site and read everything.

But if you have asked for decorum on rc2 thread, then I applaud you.

ttuuxxs opinions are just that, but no insults required. I'm sticking here even though I said i would retreat.

Rob

01micko

PostPosted: Wed 11 Mar 2009, 07:07    Post_subject:  

zigbert wrote:
Hello Blingy Boys Very Happy
Only 10 minus this morning. Don't forget your gloves when arriving Valåmoen.

Here is quick reference. Could may be put into the howto?

Creating a widget

A simple widget

Take a look at /root/.pwidgets/configs/Puppylinux. Change the text at bottom of the file. Save new file with another name (keep it in /root/.pwidgets/configs/). Restart Pwidgets, and your new widget is available.

A more complex widget

1.) ENGINE
Pwidgets supports 4 widget engines. When you want to create a new widget, the first point is to define which engine to use.
- conky (Most common)
- xli (Slideshow)
- xwinwrap (Tv)
- xonclock (Analog-clock)

2.) CONFIG

A widget MUST have a config file in /root/.pwidgets/configs/ (See examples). The config filename will be the widgets name. Content of this directory shows up in 'Available widgets' list in the main gui.

3.) SCRIPTS

If external code needs to be run to fetch new info for the widget, call up the widgets script in /root/.pwidgets/scripts/. The script should have the same name as the config file. It is also possible to run a specified script before reading config file. 'Downspeed' is an example of this. The script file has the same name as the config file with a -pre ending (Downspeed-pre), and is placed in /root/.pwidgets/scripts/.

4.) THEME

Your new widget will follow the global theme settings. If you want to override this you can hardcode colors in config files. Though, the best solution is to make a unique theme for your widget. Themes are placed in /root/.pwidgets/themes/THEME/main. The main file works for all widgets. If a unique theme is specified, this one overrides the main theme. The unique theme should have the same name as the config file (widget name).

5.) PLUGIN
If the new widget requires user configuration to works properly, a plugin may do the job. A plugin is a small gui that edits the widget config file. Plugins are stored in /root/.pwidgets/plugins/, and has the same name as the config file. It will show up automatically when user adds your widget from 'Available widgets' to 'Widget list'. After user input, let the plugin execute:
. /usr/local/pwidgets/locals/english
. /usr/local/pwidgets/func -apply
fixwidgets

This builds the chosen widget tree including the changed info from this plugin.

Well HOWTO is my department so I can do, will simplify to the best of my ability.

Cheers

tasmod

PostPosted: Wed 11 Mar 2009, 07:34    Post_subject:  

Zigbert,

just doing a poll. Hope this is right 'Hvor gamle er du'

If not blame online translators Laughing

Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 97 of 207 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, ..., 205, 206, 207 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Desktop
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum