Printer Problem Epson Stylus 740

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
cindy

Printer Problem Epson Stylus 740

#1 Post by cindy »

Can anyone help me please? I have a Epson Stylus Color 740 printer and have tried all the usual things. The two lights keep flashing the paper one and the on off button.It just spits out loads of paper with a little print at the top.
I have held the clean button in and the paper one when I cloce it down and restart it makes a funny noise. :(
Last edited by cindy on Thu 22 Jan 2009, 12:39, edited 1 time in total.

dogle

#2 Post by dogle »

cindy, g'day, could you please give a little more information - this printer should work perfectly with Puppy, is it a new one, have you used it successfully with Puppy before, have you upgraded your Puppy since then, what usual things did you do?

Have you tried unplugging your printer for a few minutes, this may 'clear its head' if it is confused. (It's allowed, you only get reported to the RSPCA for unplugging your Puppy). ;-)

cindy

#3 Post by cindy »

Hi, Thanks for answering me. no it is not a new printer. I took the paper out and made certain it was not jammed, cleaned the print heads and nothing happened. I tried an update, but will now try unplugging it. Will let you know if it works.It is late and this old biddy is weary.
No success oh well I will not throw it out the window,I have sent a s o s out to Rob he will look at it tomorrow. Just would have enjoyed being able to do it myself. Thanks for your help
and advice.
Cindy

bugman

#4 Post by bugman »

i'd had similar problems with my epson, blank pages

looked at the print preview, it was blank too!

changed the font i was using and everything worked

weird . . .

[btw i HATE cups]

cindy

Printer

#5 Post by cindy »

Thanks will let you know how I get on.

dogle

#6 Post by dogle »

cindy, this is about fixing Epsons which print completely blank pages - so I'm not sure it relates to your case - but it may be worth a look.

http://www.applefritter.com/node/17681