pWidgets 2.5.8

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
01micko

#201 Post by 01micko »

trio, uploading fixwidgets.pet. Check it out. It will overwrite your existing 'fixwidgets' file. Your script is there in full.

Mick
Attachments
fixwidgets.pet
(980 Bytes) Downloaded 664 times
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

trio

#202 Post by trio »

Micko:
thanks for the compliment & I'll be honored if you guys make the pet (I never try to make any pet yet :D) I am thinking of another problem, the slideshow always triggers the scale2pics...I try to find something..no promise though....
Last edited by trio on Mon 19 Jan 2009, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.

01micko

#203 Post by 01micko »

I couldn't resist mate and made the pet anyway! Look above!

ttuuxxx

#204 Post by ttuuxxx »

Hey mico I asked jebaJQ8 to make some weather fonts for puppy, I don't know if he will or not, but he's really good with SVG, I do well with raster graphics but could never get used to SVG. You can see some of his work at http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 916#266916
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

01micko

#205 Post by 01micko »

ttuuxxx wrote:Hey mico I asked jebaJQ8 to make some weather fonts for puppy, I don't know if he will or not, but he's really good with SVG, I do well with raster graphics but could never get used to SVG. You can see some of his work at http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 916#266916
ttuuxxx
Love that idea! I used his icons on the 486. Barry uses them in Woof. Nice work. I hope he has time. It would be good if he can use the 'Weather' font from the Pwidgets before 4.2 hit the streets as a template. He only need do lowercase. When Zigbert gets back he can give him his 'doggy' cartoons for the 'pet' option in Pwidgets. So therefore only 1 font is needed. Genius ttuuxxx!

ttuuxxx

#206 Post by ttuuxxx »

01micko wrote:
ttuuxxx wrote:Hey mico I asked jebaJQ8 to make some weather fonts for puppy, I don't know if he will or not, but he's really good with SVG, I do well with raster graphics but could never get used to SVG. You can see some of his work at http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 916#266916
ttuuxxx
Love that idea! I used his icons on the 486. Barry uses them in Woof. Nice work. I hope he has time. It would be good if he can use the 'Weather' font from the Pwidgets before 4.2 hit the streets as a template. He only need do lowercase. When Zigbert gets back he can give him his 'doggy' cartoons for the 'pet' option in Pwidgets. So therefore only 1 font is needed. Genius ttuuxxx!
It might be technical for him also, Maybe you could export the fonts as SVG and then tar.gz them with the right names on each and see if he would take a look at what needs replacing with new images? And if he doesn't I'll put it on my todo list. it would save me a few steps also. :wink:
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

trio

#207 Post by trio »

@micko:

you might want to try this:

"Slideshow")

FILE=~/.pwidgets/misc/scaledimages/01.jpg

if [ -e $FILE ];
then
DUMMY_EXIST="YES"
else
DUMMY_EXIST="NO"
fi

. $HOME/.pwidgets/configs/Slideshow
#calculate X_POS when widgets are listed at right
if [ $WIDGETS_POSITION = right ]; then
X_PIXELS=`xrandr -q | grep '*' | egrep "[0-9]+[ ]*x[ ]*[0-9]+" -o | cut -d "x" -f 1`
X_POS=$[$X_PIXELS-$OFFSET_X-140] #frame
X_POS2=$[$X_PIXELS-$OFFSET_X-133] #picture
else
X_POS=$OFFSET_X #frame
X_POS2=$[$OFFSET_X+7] #picture
fi
SCALED_DIR=$HOME/.pwidgets/misc/scaledimages
mkdir $SCALED_DIR 2> /dev/null
rm -f $SCALED_DIR/* 2> /dev/null
touch $SCALED_DIR/01.jpg
#frame
echo "xli -geometry +$X_POS+$OFFSET_Y $HOME/.pwidgets/misc/frame.jpg &" >> $HOME/.pwidgets/tmp/pwidgets-exec

if [ "$DUMMY_EXIST" = "NO" ] ; then
#build scaled images in a temporary storage
echo "scale2pics \"$IMAGE_DIRECTORY\" $SCALED_DIR 126 95 85 jpg" >> $HOME/.pwidgets/tmp/pwidgets-exec
#The actual slideshow
TMP=$[$OFFSET_Y+7]
echo "xli -geometry +$X_POS2+$TMP -delay $DELAY -goto $SCALED_DIR/01.jpg $SCALED_DIR/*.jpg &" >> $HOME/.pwidgets/tmp/pwidgets-exec
;;
*)
echo "conky -a $POS_CONKY -x $OFFSET_X -y $OFFSET_Y --config=$HOME/.pwidgets/configs/$TREE_WIDGET &" >> $HOME/.pwidgets/tmp/pwidgets-exec
;;
esac

else

#The actual slideshow
TMP=$[$OFFSET_Y+7]
echo "xli -geometry +$X_POS2+$TMP -delay $DELAY -goto $SCALED_DIR/01.jpg $SCALED_DIR/*.jpg &" >> $HOME/.pwidgets/tmp/pwidgets-exec
;;
*)
echo "conky -a $POS_CONKY -x $OFFSET_X -y $OFFSET_Y --config=$HOME/.pwidgets/configs/$TREE_WIDGET &" >> $HOME/.pwidgets/tmp/pwidgets-exec
;;
esac
fi

replace the existing lines with this in /usr/pwidgets/func

01micko

#208 Post by 01micko »

ttuuxxx wrote:
01micko wrote:
ttuuxxx
It might be technical for him also, Maybe you could export the fonts as SVG and then tar.gz them with the right names on each and see if he would take a look at what needs replacing with new images? And if he doesn't I'll put it on my todo list. it would save me a few steps also. :wink:
ttuuxxx
ok
Attachments
fontorpup.tar.gz
(8.89 KiB) Downloaded 647 times

01micko

#209 Post by 01micko »

Trio,

seems to work just fine, but I am tired! Will check it out tomorrow. I knew the test and output was the key! Just haven't had time!

EDIT, No, it doesnt' work. I'll have a look.

Thankyou

Mick

sintot

#210 Post by sintot »

Hi all:
A gmail script just in case you don't have a better one:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
#Use: In conkyrc, ${execpi 300 /name_of_the_script total GMuser GMpassword} for unread messages
#and ${execpi 300 /name_of_the_script title GMuser} for the titles
#Sintot
case "$1" in 
total) 
curl --silent -k -u $2:$3 https://mail.google.com/mail/feed/atom/>/tmp/gmail$2.tmp
UNREAD=`cat /tmp/gmail$2.tmp|head -5|tail -1|sed 's/<[a-zA-Z/]*>//g'`
NAMES=`cat /tmp/gmail$2.tmp|grep '<name>'|sed 's/<[a-zA-Z/]*>//g'`
echo -n "New Messages for $2: "
echo -n '${Color red}${font DejaVu Sans:size=15}'
echo -n $UNREAD
echo '${font}${Color}'
;; 
title) 
UNREAD=`cat /tmp/gmail$2.tmp|head -5|tail -1|sed 's/<[a-zA-Z/]*>//g'`
TITLES=`cat /tmp/gmail$2.tmp|grep '<title>'|grep -v 'Gmail - Inbox'|sed 's/<[a-zA-Z/]*>//g'`
if [ "$UNREAD" -gt "5" ]
then
 UNREAD=5
 OTHERS=`echo "     ..."`
fi
for ((i=1;i<=$UNREAD;i++)); do
   echo -n "    -"
   echo "$TITLES"|head -$i|tail -1
done
echo "$OTHERS"
;; 
esac
Cheers

trio

#211 Post by trio »

@micko:

Don't bother to take a look again! It's useless when I come to think of it again. func is only executed when tree widgets is formed, that is when the user choose which widget/s he wants to use.....from GUI (start menu - desktop - pwidgets)

We have to think about how to make func create a certain command to be included in the pwidgets-exec file

I'll have a look there.....

trio

#212 Post by trio »

@micko:

Don't bother to take a look again! It's useless when I come to think of it again. func is only executed when tree widgets is formed, that is when the user choose which widget/s he wants to use.....from GUI (start menu - desktop - pwidgets)

We have to think about how to make func create a certain command to be included in the pwidgets-exec file

I'll have a look there..... :lol:

MU

#213 Post by MU »

I did not follow you completely, but I think the attached utility might help you.
Copy the file xmovewindowbyclassname to /usr/local/bin/.
Compile it by typing "make", if it does not run.

Usage:
xmovewindowbyclassname xonclock 100 200

This should move xonclock to the desired position.

Note: it does not check the title of an application, but the classname, as this is the only thing xonclock provides for identification.
The classname of a program can be found with "xprop".

Did not check it in JWM, but in icewm and emerald it works.

By the way: the newest xonclock can be moved with the mouse, I think older versions could not.

Mark
Attachments
xmovewindowbyclassname.tar.gz
(3.41 KiB) Downloaded 439 times
Last edited by MU on Tue 20 Jan 2009, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=173456#173456]my recommended links[/url]

trio

#214 Post by trio »

@MU:

Actually what xonclock needs is raise its window to normal/desktop layer. But, I think we could use your script when the no-winredirect flag is true in xonclockrc, set the icewm winoptions, and put the xmovewindowbyclassname xonclock xpost ypost in the pwidgets-exec file.

This could be an alternative for my script of mouse clicking on the clock.

Thanks MU

trio

#215 Post by trio »

Hi MU & Micko & Zigbert:

I am right, this is an alternative way of xonclock wake up call. I tested in Icewm, haven't test in jwm below are what to do:

1. download and copy MU xmovewindowbyclassname to usr/local/bin and I also symlink to usr/sbin

2. in root/.xonclockrc: no-winredirect = true

3. in root/.icewm/winoptions:
#xonclock
xonclock.ignoreTaskBar: 1
xonclock.allWorkspaces: 1
xonclock.dTitleBar: 0
xonclock.dBorder: 0
xonclock.dSysMenu: 0
xonclock.dResize: 0
xonclock.dClose: 0
xonclock.dMinimize: 0
xonclock.dMaximize: 0
xonclock.ignoreNoFocusHint: 1
xonclock.layer: Normal

Note: please notice that I don't put xonclock.geometry

4. I edited usr/local/pwidgets/func

replace existing lines with this part just after . "$APPDIR"/box_splash &

X_PIXELS=`xrandr -q | grep '*' | egrep "[0-9]+[ ]*x[ ]*[0-9]+" -o | cut -d "x" -f 1`
#read config
. $HOME/.pwidgets/pwidgetsrc
[ ! "$OFFSET_Y" ] && export OFFSET_Y=30
[ ! "$WIDGETS_POSITION" ] && export WIDGETS_POSITION=right
if [ "$WIDGETS_POSITION" = "left" ]; then
POS_XONCLOCK=TOP-LEFT
POS_CONKY=top_left
X_WIDTH=0
OFFSET_X_A=`grep OFFSET_X= $HOME/.pwidgets/configs/$TREE_WIDGET | cut -d '=' -f 2`
OFFSET_X=$[$OFFSET_X_A+0]
else
POS_XONCLOCK=TOP-RIGHT
POS_CONKY=top_right
X_WIDTH=$[$X_PIXELS-140]
OFFSET_X_A=`grep OFFSET_X= $HOME/.pwidgets/configs/$TREE_WIDGET | cut -d '=' -f 2`
OFFSET_X=$[$OFFSET_X_A-40]
fi
#build exec-file
echo -e "\c" > $HOME/.pwidgets/tmp/pwidgets-exec
while read TREE_WIDGET; do

HEIGHT="`grep HEIGHT= $HOME/.pwidgets/configs/$TREE_WIDGET | cut -d '=' -f 2`"
case "$TREE_WIDGET" in
"Clock-analog")

IMAGE="`grep IMAGE= $HOME/.pwidgets/configs/$TREE_WIDGET | cut -d '=' -f 2`"
echo "xonclock --position=$POS_XONCLOCK --offset-v=$OFFSET_Y --offset-h=$OFFSET_X --use-background --skin=$IMAGE &" >> $HOME/.pwidgets/tmp/pwidgets-exec
echo "sleep 5 ; xmovewindowbyclassname xonclock $[$X_WIDTH+$OFFSET_X] $OFFSET_Y" >> $HOME/.pwidgets/tmp/pwidgets-exec
;;
"Slideshow")
else
X_POS=$[$OFFSET_X-20] #frame
X_POS2=$[$OFFSET_X+7-20] #picture
fi
touch $SCALED_DIR/01.jpg
#frame
echo "xli -geometry +$X_POS+$OFFSET_Y $HOME/.pwidgets/misc/frame.jpg &" >> $HOME/.pwidgets/tmp/pwidgets-exec
echo "scale2pics \"$IMAGE_DIRECTORY\" $SCALED_DIR 126 95 85 jpg" >> $HOME/.pwidgets/tmp/pwidgets-exec
#The actual slideshow
TMP=$[$OFFSET_Y+7]
;;
*)
OFFSET_X=`grep OFFSET_X= $HOME/.pwidgets/configs/$TREE_WIDGET | cut -d '=' -f 2`
;;

ended before these lines:
esac
OFFSET_Y=$[$OFFSET_Y+$HEIGHT]
done < $HOME/.pwidgets/tmp/pwidgets_list

5. So func file will generate root/.pwidgets/pwidgets-exec file like below:

xonclock --position=TOP-LEFT --offset-v=40 --offset-h=40 --use-background --skin=/root/.pwidgets/misc/Clock-analog.png &
sleep 5 ; xmovewindowbyclassname xonclock 40 40
xli -geometry +40+195 /root/.pwidgets/misc/frame.jpg &
scale2pics "/usr/share/backgrounds" /root/.pwidgets/misc/scaledimages 126 95 85 jpg
xli -geometry +47+202 -delay 5 -goto /root/.pwidgets/misc/scaledimages/01.jpg /root/.pwidgets/misc/scaledimages/*.jpg &
conky -a top_left -x 40 -y 320 --config=/root/.pwidgets/configs/Calender &

IMPORTANT:- ONLY USE XONCLOCK SKIN OF 140x140 pixels
- ONLY USE WALLPAPER THAT IS THE CORRECT SIZE OF YOUR SREEN

Thank you all, now somebody please test in JWM, and also Zigbert now can consider 2 alternatives:
1. mouse clicking on the xonclock with xevent
2. xmovewindowbyclassname

Thank you

01micko

#216 Post by 01micko »

trio

Do you use geany for text editing? If so, it tells you what line you are on in the bottom left hand corner. This is just to make things faster and simpler.

I'll check it out and we could be on a winner!

Thanks for your good work!

Mick

MU

#217 Post by MU »

as trio showed, the layer can be set in the icewm options.

If you need a different solution, e.g. for other windowmanagers, please let me know.
I could modify xmovewindowbyclassname to set a pogram to a certain layer.

Layers are defined by "type hints".
These hints are usually available in most windowmanagers:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk/stab ... owTypeHint

Mark
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=173456#173456]my recommended links[/url]

01micko

#218 Post by 01micko »

MU wrote:as trio showed, the layer can be set in the icewm options.

If you need a different solution, e.g. for other windowmanagers, please let me know.
I could modify xmovewindowbyclassname to set a pogram to a certain layer.

Layers are defined by "type hints".
These hints are usually available in most windowmanagers:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk/stab ... owTypeHint

Mark
The idea is to please Icewm and Jwm. Zigbert designed Pwidgets with Jwm in mind but many of us have tested and resolved issues in Icewm. This is because both WMs are to be included in Puppy4.2-'DeepThought'. Any help with Jwm wil be appreciated, Thanks Mark.

Mick

trio

#219 Post by trio »

updated, last one was buggy, this one is ok:

replace from line 15 to 74 with below lines:

#read config
. $HOME/.pwidgets/pwidgetsrc
[ ! "$OFFSET_Y" ] && export OFFSET_Y=30
[ ! "$WIDGETS_POSITION" ] && export WIDGETS_POSITION=right
if [ "$WIDGETS_POSITION" = "left" ]; then
POS_XONCLOCK=TOP-LEFT
POS_CONKY=top_left
X_WIDTH=0
else
POS_XONCLOCK=TOP-RIGHT
POS_CONKY=top_right
X_WIDTH=$[$X_PIXELS-140]
fi
#build exec-file
echo -e "\c" > $HOME/.pwidgets/tmp/pwidgets-exec
while read TREE_WIDGET; do

HEIGHT="`grep HEIGHT= $HOME/.pwidgets/configs/$TREE_WIDGET | cut -d '=' -f 2`"
case "$TREE_WIDGET" in
"Clock-analog")
OFFSET_X=`grep OFFSET_X= $HOME/.pwidgets/configs/$TREE_WIDGET | cut -d '=' -f 2`
IMAGE="`grep IMAGE= $HOME/.pwidgets/configs/$TREE_WIDGET | cut -d '=' -f 2`"
echo "xonclock --position=$POS_XONCLOCK --offset-v=$OFFSET_Y --offset-h=$OFFSET_X --use-background --skin=$IMAGE &" >> $HOME/.pwidgets/tmp/pwidgets-exec
if [ "$POS_XONCLOCK" = "TOP_LEFT" ] ; then

echo "sleep 5 ; xmovewindowbyclassname xonclock $[$X_WIDTH+$OFFSET_X+40] $OFFSET_Y" >> $HOME/.pwidgets/tmp/pwidgets-exec

else
echo "sleep 5 ; xmovewindowbyclassname xonclock $[$X_WIDTH+$OFFSET_X] $OFFSET_Y" >> $HOME/.pwidgets/tmp/pwidgets-exec

fi
;;
"Slideshow")
else
X_POS=$[$OFFSET_X-20] #frame
X_POS2=$[$OFFSET_X+7-20] #picture
fi
touch $SCALED_DIR/01.jpg
#frame
#The actual slideshow
TMP=$[$OFFSET_Y+7]
;;
*)
;;

01micko

#220 Post by 01micko »

trio
I can't get it to work. It is very strange, something minor. I restart X and clock appears on left of screen but with the wallpaper of the right of screen! I got a fresh copy of .xonclockrc and changed nowindirect=true. I deleted all lines about xonclock in fixwidgets.

Did you test when you want to change widgets? Can't get that to work.

If you could learn to make a .pet it would be simpler. All you need is a directory in /root, name it 'clockfix' or whatever, inside you make the directories of the exact path where you want to install your files. So you have a tree in there. You make up you 'func' file, your pwidgetsexec file your fixwidgets file , whatever you need and place them in the exact folder where they belong inside your main folder (clockfix or whatever). Then from a terminal you type "dir2pet /root/clockfix" and then you follow the instructions. It is easy. Inform people of what risks there are in your pet, upload it here as an attachment and your done!
Technosaurus has a very valuable 'howto' on pet creation. It is linked in his signature. Read it if you get the time. It is very good.

My files are a mess at the moment because I've tested and changed and edited lots of things to do with Pwidgets and some other stuff, so this way, if it works for you then you can quickly debug why it doesn't work for me or him or that other bloke! Also. it gets a lot more people testing, BUT, one valuable lesson I've learned is always warn people that they try things at 'their own risk'. That way they can't abuse you too much!

Another good thing to do is have the pet and if you think it is risky, ask people if they want it, you can PM it to them.

Regards

Mick

PS: Please do not be discouraged. I know you are very close. "Teacher" will put you at the top of the class! :D