Puppy 3.02CE Icon Theme

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
J-Bob

Puppy 3.02CE Icon Theme

#1 Post by J-Bob »

I have completed the Puppy 3.02CE theme, Stardrops.

It's basically a hacked Stardust with some images edited from the DeepThought Theme by Zigbert.

It comes with an icon theme, gtk theme, jwm theme, and a hacked icon-switcher.

If anyone wants to join the 3.02CE graphics project, just join below, and this thread can be used for your contributions.

- J-Bob
Attachments
Stardrops.pet
WARNING: This will alter your .jwm_tray. This package does not register with petget for that reason.

Just in case, backup your icon_switcher and .jwm_tray. as this does alter them.
(192.55 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
Last edited by J-Bob on Sun 18 Jan 2009, 21:42, edited 4 times in total.

J-Bob

#2 Post by J-Bob »

Actually, scratch that. I have a better idea.

how about we enhance stardust.

i could easily use the gimp to index the images.
but we would need people willing to build new icons in stardust, as well as a new gtk and jwm themes.

i could offer my hacked icon switcher to the project.

J-Bob

#3 Post by J-Bob »

I got the new icon theme built.

it's actually an icon + gtk + jwm theme with a hacked icon_switcher.

in total it's ~580kb

should it be named "Phoenity" or "Stardrops"

That is the question

ttuuxxx

#4 Post by ttuuxxx »

J-Bob wrote:I got the new icon theme built.

it's actually an icon + gtk + jwm theme with a hacked icon_switcher.

in total it's ~580kb

should it be named "Phoenity" or "Stardrops"

That is the question
ok thats a bit strange? why do all that?
Also you can clue me in with the themes/graphics parts, I would be more than happy to help out in that department :)
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

J-Bob

#5 Post by J-Bob »

well, i guess it was just a couple ideas i felt would be good to have.

and i knew what i needed to do for them. and i did it.

That's how "Stardrops" was born.

The gtk theme is a merger of Zigbert's DeepThought theme with the Stardust theme, with some editing that i did for it.

And i think it worked out quite nicely.

And I already made a hacked icon switcher when i was helping Zigbert with his theme, so i thought i would add that for functionality.

And i felt like i should wrap it up with a jwm theme.

Simply to put it, it's like Zigbert's DeepThought theme, but it's more like Stardust. You'll see it when you use it.

And i would very glad if you could help in the Graphics department.
Simply look for good themes, or if you have an idea just build it and see how it goes.

That's one thing i focus on in 3.02 is Community Involvement. simply meaning that i'm basically the person who just helps with getting things in, and builds them. While keeping the system somewhat small. in the 95MB - 128MB ballpark but preferably below 100MB, as 2.15CE was about 125MB if i remember correctly.

And i built an unleashed containing the 2.6.25.16 kernel used in puppy 4.1. which might be useful for building Puppy 3.02.

I think Evil/Jon was planning on trying that out.

- J-Bob

ttuuxxx

#6 Post by ttuuxxx »

J-Bob wrote:95MB - 128MB ballpark but preferably below 100MB, as 2.15CE was about 125MB if i remember correctly.
- J-Bob
Just remember they weren't using slackware libs either, 3.0 series was around 10MB overweight due to the slackware libs, and It didn't include Gslapt which is around 1MB and also the rest of the slackware tools if your serious is around 7MB, thats a total of 18MB extra and they still were 25mb over, So to be even with what they had, Your max should be around 143MB if you include the extra Slackware stuff, plus you could easily add another 10% due to the fact that ,other programs grew 10% since then around 157MB, Don't put yourself in a tight box :)
ttuuxxx

J-Bob

#7 Post by J-Bob »

ttuuxxx wrote:
J-Bob wrote:95MB - 128MB ballpark but preferably below 100MB, as 2.15CE was about 125MB if i remember correctly.
- J-Bob
Just remember they weren't using slackware libs either, 3.0 series was around 10MB overweight due to the slackware libs, and It didn't include Gslapt which is around 1MB and also the rest of the slackware tools if your serious is around 7MB, thats a total of 18MB extra and they still were 25mb over, So to be even with what they had, Your max should be around 143MB if you include the extra Slackware stuff, plus you could easily add another 10% due to the fact that ,other programs grew 10% since then around 157MB, Don't put yourself in a tight box :)
ttuuxxx
i originally thought the 125MB box was a pretty big box. as puppy 2.03's original weight was to be under 100MB before i revived the project.

but a 175MB size might not be too bad. I imagine it might still fit on a mini-cd, as i heard that some hold about 210MB, and i think i rember that being their size limit.

And with this, we could easily add some fuller featured programs. Like Gimp and Inkscape, or mtPaint and Inkscape. or Gimp and mtpaint.

we will eventually find out. As i'm soon going to build hopefully a stable proto, which might be usable to build a good 3.02CE alpha 1 or alpha 4 (i call it CE to differentiate it from 3.02)

ttuuxxx

#8 Post by ttuuxxx »

J-Bob wrote:
ttuuxxx wrote:
- J-Bob
ttuuxxx
i originally thought the 125MB box was a pretty big box. as puppy 2.03's original weight was to be under 100MB before i revived the project.

but a 175MB size might not be too bad. I imagine it might still fit on a mini-cd, as i heard that some hold about 210MB, and i think i rember that being their size limit.

And with this, we could easily add some fuller featured programs. Like Gimp and Inkscape, or mtPaint and Inkscape. or Gimp and mtpaint.

we will eventually find out. As i'm soon going to build hopefully a stable proto, which might be usable to build a good 3.02CE alpha 1 or alpha 4 (i call it CE to differentiate it from 3.02)
I have older versions of gimp and inkscape combined around 10MB, they aren't really that old either probably less than a year. But if you use the latest, you could just about triple that figure and plus its only an extra 2-5 filters. Not worth the added weight.
ttuuxxx

J-Bob

#9 Post by J-Bob »

ttuuxxx wrote:
J-Bob wrote:
ttuuxxx wrote: Just remember they weren't using slackware libs either, 3.0 series was around 10MB overweight due to the slackware libs, and It didn't include Gslapt which is around 1MB and also the rest of the slackware tools if your serious is around 7MB, thats a total of 18MB extra and they still were 25mb over, So to be even with what they had, Your max should be around 143MB if you include the extra Slackware stuff, plus you could easily add another 10% due to the fact that ,other programs grew 10% since then around 157MB, Don't put yourself in a tight box :)
ttuuxxx

I have older versions of gimp and inkscape combined around 10MB, they aren't really that old either probably less than a year. But if you use the latest, you could just about triple that figure and plus its only an extra 2-5 filters. Not worth the added weight.
ttuuxxx
sounds like a great ttuuxxx. they could replace mtpaint and inkscapelite if the community agreed with the idea.

and i got the unleashed on my production machine, and i'm currently preparing for the construction of an iso.

hopefully i will have an alpha avaliable by friday.