Pupeee on eee pc 1000H - no wlan

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Tattoo

Pupeee on eee pc 1000H - no wlan

#1 Post by Tattoo »

Hi,

Since pupeee was recommended throughout the internet as a very good choice for the eee, I went ahead and installed it. Since I have no good use for the XP that came with the eee, I formatted the sda1-partition as ext3 and installed pupeee there. Unfortunately, it seems I was too hasty, since things don't work quite as easily as the internet led me to believe.

My problem is that pupeee doesen't recognize my ethernet or my wlan hardware. When I go to the Network Wizard, I get "Puppy cannot see any active network interfaces" instead of ath0 which I understand should be the wireless.

When I try to load modules (ath_pci for the wireless and atl2 for the Ethernet), the pupeee tells me that it still doesen't find new network interfaces. Am I trying to load wrong modules? If so, what are the correct ones? If not, how can I get wireless (and Ethernet) to work?

Aitch

#2 Post by Aitch »

Tattoo

#3 Post by Tattoo »

Thank you for your response, Aitch.

I'm unable to try this right now, but I will let you know if this works when I get back to my eee.

Happy Holidays!

tempestuous

#4 Post by tempestuous »

Puppee is based on Puppy 3.x with the older 2.6.21.7 kernel.
Your Eee 1000H's wifi requires the "rt2860sta" driver, and the ethernet requires the "atl1e" driver.
Get both drivers compatible with Puppy 3.x here -
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 442#198442

Both of these drivers are now contained in Puppy 4.1.x (with 2.6.25.16 kernel) as standard.
Many Eee users are now using Puppy 4.1.2, or dinky's "Ripple" (with fancy 3D stuff).
The link Aitch provided has additional 4.1-compatible Eee drivers for things such as mic support, fan control, hotkeys.