Posted: Sat 29 Nov 2008, 00:55 Post_subject:
HP 820Cse (Resolved)
I am unable to print a test page to a HP 820Cse printer with Puppy Linux 4.1.1.
1) Downloaded the file pnm2ppa from http://www.linuxfoundation.org
2) Saved the file as HP-DeskJet_820C-pnm2ppa.ppd in directory /usr.share/cups/model
3) Setup printer using "CUPS manage printing"
4) Send test print but teh job disappears from the queue after a few minutes with no messages or any print out.
5) Tried printing from browser and nothing is printed
Joined: 03 Nov 2006 Posts: 171 Location: UK
Posted: Sat 29 Nov 2008, 01:53 Post_subject:
HP 820Cse Install
Read up on "3.00 doesn`t recognize my HP 710 Printer" from the second
page of this list -near the bottom.
Basicaly you need devx loaded and make /make install on a pnm2ppa.tar.gz file, then adjust a file to reflect your printer in cups.
I don`t think the pup vers number matters- have installed hp710 on pup3 and pup4. should be ok for you, if you`ve got the correct devx version, and your 820Cse.ppd file is in /usr/share/cups//model along with the others.
You might try downloading HPIJS first and run it to see if that sets it up.