Gnome-Mplayer: Proper GTK (not Gnome) gui for Mplayer

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
disciple

Gnome-Mplayer: Proper GTK (not Gnome) gui for Mplayer

#1 Post by disciple »

This is nice and small, but has a proper drag-and-droppable playlist, a "single instance" option, and all sorts of other good stuff.
It's made by the same guy as mplayerplugin, and he's very responsive to bug-reports and feature requests.
code.google.com/p/gnome-mplayer

It has a sister program to replace mplayerplugin, but I haven't compiled that.

Requires Mplayer - I recommend Tempestuous' package from http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=26511 (Don't forget the mplayer-extra-libs package).
Its a pity we don't have a good package with shared ffmpeg :(

Also requires dbus:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... ch&id=7131
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... ch&id=7130
After installing these, run

Code: Select all

dbus-uuidgen > /var/lib/dbus/machine-id
And libxcb (At least in Puppy 4.x):
http://puppylinux.ca/tpp/bugs/libxcb-1.0.pet
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

Eyes-Only

#2 Post by Eyes-Only »

Thanks for making this Disciple! I'm kinda anxious now to try this out and see just how far along he's progressed with this. Seems so the last time I'd tried this was... hmm... a little over a year and a half ago when I was running sidux as I'd gotten it from the repo there. Wasn't a bad little media player shell back then.

I really appreciate these programmes you bring us, you and others, plus the concise manner in which you personally detail the different steps for installation and use that even someone like me who has problems with directions can easily follow. I appreciate this and don't often stop to thank any of you nearly enough for how you brighten my day. :)

So thanks my fellow Puppian Friend! Keep up the great work that you do and don't change, eh?

Amicalement/Cheers,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

Eyes-Only

Thumbs up for a beautiful programme well done!

#3 Post by Eyes-Only »

Just me again Disciple. ;) But I wanted to give you an update and I've been told that it's best to do a new post than to edit your prior post? Something about the "original poster" receives the notice faster as there isn't one given in an edit I guess? I dunno...

Anywho... The install went slick! In fact, everything did! :) and I was up and playing all my files in no time flat afterwards. The bloke has made a definite amount of progress it would seem since the last time I had this installed in sidux as it ran smoothly, took up almost no RAM on my machine worth speaking about, and only 1% on the CPU cycles.

What a winner this beautiful programme is! Definitely leagues above MPlayer itself for sure!

Thanks once again for your work and dedication mate! Thumbs up for a beautiful programme well done!

Cheers,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

Sit Heel Speak

Re: Gnome-Mplayer: Proper GTK (not Gnome) gui for Mplayer

#4 Post by Sit Heel Speak »

disciple wrote:...Its a pity we don't have a good package with shared ffmpeg :(
What would be a good test :wink: ?

disciple

#5 Post by disciple »

What would be a good test Wink ?
- Size (it is MUCH smaller with shared ffmpeg).
- All the main features working, including dvdnav and hopefully vcd support.
- Successfully compiled with whatever the options required to make it work on different CPUs. I think Tempestuous mentioned them somewhere - I can look if you're wanting to have a go at making one.

From memory Barry's official package is good except it doesn't work on Pentium 2s or I think any of the older AMD CPUs. There might be something else missing like dvdnav or vcd support though - I can't remember.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

xmf-149

gnome-mplayer

#6 Post by xmf-149 »

there seems to be some critical bugs in the final stable version 1.0.8 (2013,5 years ago)
this patch fixes issues like the ones described next. default playlist option is OFF. single instance option is ON, replace existing file sub-option is OFF. for each instruction set begin by opening a new instance, to add a track run again with a command-line argument one at a time.
add 3 tracks. hit stop. add 4th track. the issue is the fourth track does not start playing.
add 3 tracks. remove 3rd track. add different third track. the first track begins playing over.
add 3 tracks. move third track up. turn shuffle on then off. now the order numbers (in the last column) are mixed up.
add 3 tracks. remove 2nd track. add another track. now there are two tracks with order number 3.
add 3 tracks. let playlist play completely. (double click on first or second track. let that track play completely.) or (hit clear. add 2 new tracks. let first track play completely.) the next track doesn't play.
add 3 tracks. remove 3rd track. let first track finish. the next track doesn't play.
Attachments
patch.zip
(66.71 KiB) Downloaded 445 times

xmf-149

gnome-mplayer

#7 Post by xmf-149 »

there seems to be some critical bugs in the final stable version 1.0.8 (2013,5 years ago)
this patch fixes issues like the ones described next. default playlist option is OFF. single instance option is ON, replace existing file sub-option is OFF. for each instruction set begin by opening a new instance, to add a track run again with a command-line argument one at a time.
add 3 tracks. hit stop. add 4th track. the issue is the fourth track does not start playing.
add 3 tracks. remove 3rd track. add different third track. the first track begins playing over.
add 3 tracks. move third track up. turn shuffle on then off. now the order numbers (in the last column) are mixed up.
add 3 tracks. remove 2nd track. add another track. now there are two tracks with order number 3.
add 3 tracks. let playlist play completely. (double click on first or second track. let that track play completely.) or (hit clear. add 2 new tracks. let first track play completely.) the next track doesn't play.
add 3 tracks. remove 3rd track. let first track finish. the next track doesn't play.

patch 2:
view menu now has:
no video after full screen
half size,smaller(3:4),normal,larger(1.25:1),double size

patch 3:
now if loop is set and single is set loops single

patch 4:
time slider
make pixel correspond to 1 second and use relative motion
commit time change at end

patch 5:
has buttons for speed