Pburn wont burn

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
even

Pburn wont burn

#1 Post by even »

hi, this is my first ever post and first may i say thankyou for puting so much time and effort into such a great program!

for me the problem is that on a fresh install of puppy 4.1 with the macpup skin i have just tried to burn a data disk with Pburn and continuously received this error.. here is the log..

###################################################
COMMAND:
genisoimage -iso-level 3 -D -R -J -joliet-long -V "pburn_project" -p root -publisher "Pburn" -o "/root/.pburn/Pburn.iso" -exclude-list /root/.pburn/tmp/pburn-exclude -graft-points 'P1020051.JPG'='/root/Pictures/berlin nye/P1020051.JPG' 'P1040102.JPG'='/root/Pictures/berlin nye/P1040102.JPG' 'P1040094.JPG'='/root/Pictures/berlin nye/P1040094.JPG' 'P1050131.JPG'='/root/Pictures/berlin nye/P1050131.JPG' 'P1000487.JPG'='/root/Pictures/hitching/100_PANA/P1000487.JPG' 'P1000494.JPG'='/root/Pictures/hitching/100_PANA/P1000494.JPG' 'P1000543.JPG'='/root/Pictures/hitching/100_PANA/P1000543.JPG' 'P1000544.JPG'='/root/Pictures/hitching/100_PANA/P1000544.JPG' 'P1000566.JPG'='/root/Pictures/hitching/100_PANA/P1000566.JPG' 'P1000571.JPG'='/root/Pictures/hitching/100_PANA/P1000571.JPG' 'P1000577.JPG'='/root/Pictures/hitching/100_PANA/P1000577.JPG' 'P1000606.JPG'='/root/Pictures/hitching/100_PANA/P1000606.JPG'
wodim -multi -tao -v dev=/dev/sr0 driveropts=burnfree "/root/.pburn/Pburn.iso"

OUTPUT:
I: -input-charset not specified, using iso-8859-1 (detected in locale settings)
28.11% done, estimate finish Tue Nov 4 16:34:33 2008
56.14% done, estimate finish Tue Nov 4 16:34:33 2008
84.20% done, estimate finish Tue Nov 4 16:34:33 2008
Total translation table size: 0
Total rockridge attributes bytes: 1177
Total directory bytes: 0
Path table size(bytes): 10
Max brk space used 0
17820 extents written (34 MB)
scsidev: '/dev/sr0'
devname: '/dev/sr0'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Error trying to open /dev/sr0 exclusively (Device or resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/sr0 exclusively (Device or resource busy)... retrying in 1 second.
Error trying to open /dev/sr0 exclusively (Device or resource busy)... giving up.
wodim: Device or resource busy.
Cannot open SCSI driver!
For possible targets try 'wodim --devices' or 'wodim -scanbus'.
For possible transport specifiers try 'wodim dev=help'.
For IDE/ATAPI devices configuration, see the file README.ATAPI.setup from
the wodim documentation.
TOC Type: 3 = CD-ROM XA mode 2

i am still well on the steep linux learning curve so im sure its an easy fix or silly mistake of mine but really ive tried all i can ..

if you can help i will be really happy!!

oh by the way im on an ibm t40.. the cdrw drive will play disks with gxine etc but will not write..

all the best.. even[/list]

droope

#2 Post by droope »

Hmm.... perhaps we should change its name then

:P
Sorry,couldn't resist and now can't delete the post :(

even

p'burn'

#3 Post by even »

no worries friend..

id still love to work it out though.. its got me stumped and not being able to burn isnt fun.

..even :)

Eyes-Only

#4 Post by Eyes-Only »

Hi Even! Welcome to the Puppy Forum mate! :)

Hmm... Perplexing problem if I must say so myself! Out of curiosity here: When you set up your Puppy, did you also setup your CD burner? Puppy doesn't always see the burner unfortunately. I've had this happen more times than I care to count myself. Puppy will see the player and recognise it as such---but it'll often times "forget" to register it as the "defacto CD/DVD burner" as well! LOL!

If you go to your menu you can click on "Setup" and in there you should find "CD/DVD Drive Wizard". Clicking that will bring up a basic GUI which will tell you what Puppy "sees" and doesn't "see" plus gives you to option to change, set, and so on.

If, however, you've already done this, then I'd suggest you'd take your question up to the "Beginner's Section" of the forum if you will, because then you'd stand a far better chance of receiving the proper help, okie-dokie mate? :) That's where the greatest part of our main helpers hang out and they know this system inside out---far better than I ever will even after 3 years of use. Wow, huh? :shock:

Good luck my Fellow Puppian Friend, and once again: Welcome to the Puppy Kennels! We hope you like it here and will post often!

@Droope: LOL on the renaming! "P-Not-Burn" eh? hehe!

Amicalement/Cheers!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

even

pburn

#5 Post by even »

cool,

yes, ive been through the cd/dvd wizard already.. i will take it to the beginners section and see what happens there..

strangely the error message has changed since the other day too!

thanks again for your help, and yes even with no burner im hooked on puppy..

..even

disciple

#6 Post by disciple »

OK, I don't really know about these things, but is the CD mounted when you try the burn? Maybe it needs to be unmounted. If so then Pburn probably needs to be fixed.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

even

pburn

#7 Post by even »

thanks for your reply, the drive is unmounted and even stranger is that i sucessfully burnt an audio disk with pburn earlier!!

i couldnt upload the whole log this time (size limit im sure) but have included the two bits which seem out of place..

Drive buf size : 1468800 = 1434 KB
FIFO size : 8388608 = 8192 KB
Speed set to 2822 KB/s

WARNING: found a microscopic small track size (0 bytes).
Do you really want to write this image? Press Ctrl-C to abort...

Track 01: data 0 MB
Total size: 0 MB (00:04.02) = 302 sectors
Lout start: 1 MB

Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ... wodim: Premature EOF on stdin.
wodim: Input buffer error, aborting.
wodim: fifo had 1 puts and 0 gets.
wodim: fifo was 0 times empty and 0 times full, min fill was 100%.
input buffer ready.

i will be posting this on the beginners pages too..

again, thanks, if you can help at all it would be greatly appreciated

..even

[/img][/code]

shiuming

#8 Post by shiuming »

looks like u are trying to burn an empty file..
WARNING: found a microscopic small track size (0 bytes).
Do you really want to write this image? Press Ctrl-C to abort...

Track 01: data 0 MB
Total size: 0 MB (00:04.02) = 302 sectors
Lout start: 1 MB

Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ... wodim: Premature EOF on stdin.
wodim: Input buffer error, aborting.
wodim: fifo had 1 puts and 0 gets.
wodim: fifo was 0 times empty and 0 times full, min fill was 100%.
input buffer ready.
Lots of zeros...

given that the device is not faulty.. (intermittantly fault ... old cd burners are usually pox for reliabily)
or.. the cdrs are of good quality..

you should probably try testing from the command line ..

try issuing these commands and see if anything unusual pops out.

1) hdparm /dev/sr0
2) wodim -checkdrive dev=/dev/sr0

also try burning at a slower speed.. i hate burning cds.. when they dont work it sucks. but atleast you get a lot of free coasters!

BTW.. "pburn not burn" is a great subject.. sounds like you have just recovered from a urinary tract infection