TEENpup future releases Roadmap to 2009

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
john biles

TEENpup future releases Roadmap to 2009

#1 Post by john biles »

Hello Everyone interested in TEENpup releases.

With Barry K's future plans and what I've read on the net about future web requirements, I've posted a few days ago that the next release of TEENpup will be based on the Puppy 4 series.

Well I've been experimenting with flash 10 beta in TEENpup 2008 puppy 2 series base and it appears to work fine which I've been told shouldn't?
I've watched many Youtube videos and viewed a large range of web pages with flash embedded with not one single lockup or browser crash.

Now they say Firefox 2 will be with us until the end of the year so hopefully will be updated to meet the upcoming standards in the next few months.

I've done a lot of work and testing for what was going to be the next TEENpup which was still based on Puppy 2.14 and a couple of days ago posted that the next release of TEENpup would be Puppy 4 based.

OK being human and with the apparent success of Flash 10 beta in TEENpup 2008 and because of all the great stuff I had planned, I've decided to still release the next version of TEENpup on the puppy 2.14 base.

Lastly I don't think it would be wise to start building TEENpup on Puppy 4.0.5 alpha as it's not finished and I think Barry K will do his best to make his final release of Puppy the most polished, bug free version he can. Then I'll start the next version of TEENpup.

So the next you hear about TEENpup will be where and when you can download it, so no more thinking out loud on the forum so to speak.
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

Re: TEENpup future releases Roadmap to 2009

#2 Post by Lobster »

john biles wrote:so no more thinking out loud on the forum so to speak.
Good to know what you are thinking and why. :)
Because Teenpup comes with a very complete and comprehensive choice of software, it is a great choice for those who want to start with a large range of included programs

more info:
http://www.puppylinux.org/wiki/archives ... ve/teenpup
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

puppyjim

Feedback

#3 Post by puppyjim »

Sad to hear next version is based on 2.14 - BUT should you get around to base 4.01 Dingo then could you include MUT & Xnetload as they are MOSt usefull to me. (there doesn't seem to be an Emoticon for SELFISH!) :roll:

tony

TEENpup

#4 Post by tony »

Hi John,

one suggestion that will help Toshiba users is to use the xorgwizard from 214R.

This works effortlessly in my Toshiba Portege 4010.

Regards Tony.

john biles

#5 Post by john biles »

Hello Everyone,
I've been a little bit naughty and haven't been working like I should have on TEENpup 2008 EVO. But as it is a labor of love so to speak, I'm allow to slacken off a bit.
For those who love TEENpup being based on Puppy 2.14 as it suits your Hardware , you will be happy to know that I'm improving and refining the basic concept further. Integrating a basic overall look for all apps whether their based on "gtk" or "qt" as best I can. Polish is what I'm after.
I've deleted some apps that I feel didn't work as expected and added others that users might find more useful.

TEENpup 2008 EVO will include the just released Vuze 4.0 (see Screenshot ) and a whole lot more. Maybe even some desktop Widgets.

For those still waiting for TEENpup based on Dingo, I'm sorry!
As Barry K and others are still bug fixing 4.1 and because I'm going to have to re-learn how to make changes under the skin so to speak as my old tricks in Puppy 2.14 don't work in testing with Dingo 4.0 and other beta's ( Yes I am running experiments with later versions of Puppy ) you won't see TEENpup 2009 just yet.
Also what will become TEENpup 2009 may be far different then the current version of TEENpup. Only time will tell.
Attachments
Vuze 4.0 bit torrent.jpg
(126.65 KiB) Downloaded 602 times
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.