Pcdripper-3.9.4

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
plinej

#41 Post by plinej »

If I get some spare time I'll look at the Pburn code and see how difficult it will be.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#42 Post by Flash »

Will someone please point me in the right direction to figure out how to make my Pcdripper settings persist? I rip audio books to mp3 so I can listen to them on my mp3 player, and I have to reenter almost every option for each CD. Not only does that slow me down (audio books typically have 6 CDs, and some have more than 20) but sometimes I even make mistakes. :oops:

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#43 Post by Flash »

I tinkered around with /usr/sbin/pcdripper. I'm posting what I changed to have a record of what I did. If anyone else wants to take a shot at making Pcdripper's GUI more like Precord's, with all the settings in one window and so it remembers the settings, please feel free. :)

I commented out lines 2120 through 2140, and line 2146:

Code: Select all

(line 2119)##Ask to rip another disc
##export MAIN_DIALOG="
##<vbox>
## <text wrap=\"true\" width-chars=\"40\">
##    <label>Would you like to rip another disc?</label>
##  </text>
##  <hbox>
##    <button>
##       <input file icon=\"gtk-ok\"></input>
##      <label>OK</label>
##      <action type=\"exit\">Exit-RIP</action>
##    </button>
##    	<button>
##	<input file stock=\"gtk-quit\"></input>
##        <label>QUIT</label>
##        <action type=\"exit\">EXIT_NOW</action>
##      </button>
##  </hbox>
## </vbox>
##"
##RIPAGAIN=`$GTKDIALOG --program=MAIN_DIALOG --center`
##(line 2140)if [ "`echo $RIPAGAIN | grep Exit-RIP`" != "" ]; then
pcdripper &
else
exit 0
fi

##(line 2146)exit 0 ##all done
What this change did was stop Pcdripper from asking if I want to rip another CD. Now it just goes back to the starting GUI window when it finishes ripping a CD. Usually the settings aren't retained, though sometimes a few of them are. It's a start.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#44 Post by Flash »

OK, that didn't do much good. :(

I just discovered this thread, "GtkDialog - tips" in the HOWTO section of the forum. :oops:
This post appears to describe how to change default settings for radio buttons.

If I live long enough maybe I'll figure out how to fix Pcdripper the way I want it. :lol:

thunor
Location: Minas Tirith, in the Pelennor Fields fighting the Easterlings

#45 Post by thunor »

Since this is the official thread for Pcdripper I have a couple of fixes for 3.7, the version that's shipped with Lucid 5.20. It doesn't look as though this is currently being maintained but I find it useful and it's a shame to leave it broken.

The first issue was with audio formats being empty, and the second was with music categories being dumped to the terminal rather than to a file (lame --genre-list goes to stderr not stdout).

Change:

/usr/sbin/pcdripper:236:cat /tmp/$WHOAMI-pcdripper-formats | sort -u > /tmp/$WHOAMI-pcdripper-formats

to:

/usr/sbin/pcdripper:236:cat /tmp/$WHOAMI-pcdripper-formats | sort -u -o /tmp/$WHOAMI-pcdripper-formats

Change:

/usr/sbin/pcdripper:1885:lame --genre-list | grep -i "$GENRE" | sed 's/[0-9]//g' | tr -s ' ' | sed 's/^ //g' > /tmp/$WHOAMI-pcdripper-genrelist

to

/usr/sbin/pcdripper:1885:lame --genre-list 2>&1 | grep -i "$GENRE" | sed 's/[0-9]//g' | tr -s ' ' | sed 's/^ //g' > /tmp/$WHOAMI-pcdripper-genrelist

I also had a cddb_query error about libcdio.so.7 not found (libcdio.so.10 is installed) so I compiled libcddb-1.3.2 which includes cddb_query and it now works.

plinej

#46 Post by plinej »

updated to 3.8 and added libcddb-1.3.2-i686.pet which is needed in lucid 525 due to cddb_query being broken.

sc0ttman

#47 Post by sc0ttman »

melvix wrote:plinej, thanks for your works!
What you think about multilingual support? As in Pburn, for example.
We are planning to translate in Russian.
Best regards.
I have an i18n'd version, updated to 3.8 .. I will upload it soon. Here is the english .mo ..
Just translate, post here, and I will package up the .pet
#English

L1="You need to install a suitable terminal, like rxvt"
L2="OK"
L3="You need to install either cdparanoia, cdda2wav, or icedax to rip a cd"
L4="Close"
L5="Rip"
L6="rip program cd scan"
L7="Help"
L8="Web link"
L9="Quit"
L10="Click for options"
L11="Select audio format"
L12="Select your CD drive"
L13="Select your save to directory"
L14="Select a Directory"
L15="Ripping options"
L16="use"
L17="manual id3 tags"
L18="no id3 tags"
L19="cddb_query tags"
L20="disable"
L21="disable extra paranoia"
L22="output to a single track"
L23="exit on a bad read"
L24="eject when done"
L25="rip the full cd"
L26="play a sound when finished"
L27="Enter preceding name for tracks"
L28="Enter range, single file, or various multiple files"
L29="See the help file for more info"
L30="T=track N=name A=artist Y=year L=album G=genre"
L31="Enter track name format"
L32="Selected file format"
L33="cddb_query not found in your PATH"
L34="cddetect information"
L35="cd-info information"
L36="CD information"
L37="cddb_query is checking the online database"
L38="The selected file format doesn't accept tagging but it will use the cddb_query results in naming the tracks"
L39="Check here if this information is correct?"
L40="Select your desired compression ratio"
L41="Select your desired bitrate"
L42="highest quality"
L43="Constant or Varying bit rates?"
L44="Constant Bit Rate"
L45="Varying Bit Rate"
L46="Mono or Stereo mp3s?"
L47="Stereo"
L48="Mono"
L49="lowest quality"
L50="Select your desired Quality"
L51="Program can not detect any audio tracks on the cd"
L52="Your last track needs to be greater than the first track in the requested range, or the range you selected is greater than the total number of tracks"
L53="Requested track $TRACKS is more than the total number - $TOTALTRACKS - on the disc"
L54="The selected file format doesn't accept tagging but it will use your entries in naming the tracks"
L55="Enter track title"
L56="Enter track Year"
L57="Enter album name"
L58="ALBUM"
L59="Enter artist name"
L60="Enter track genre"
L61="Enter a comment"
L62="Enter track composer"
L63="Enter track lyricist"
L64="NEXT"
L65="pcdripper script to be executed - you can edit if necessary"
L66="INFO"
L67="Would you like to rip another disc?"
[b][url=https://bit.ly/2KjtxoD]Pkg[/url], [url=https://bit.ly/2U6dzxV]mdsh[/url], [url=https://bit.ly/2G49OE8]Woofy[/url], [url=http://goo.gl/bzBU1]Akita[/url], [url=http://goo.gl/SO5ug]VLC-GTK[/url], [url=https://tiny.cc/c2hnfz]Search[/url][/b]

Country Bumkin

#48 Post by Country Bumkin »

I am trying to rip a privately made CD so there is no Internet data available so I used 'manual ID3 tags'. The correct number of track entry fields were requested but only the first track was ripped, then I was prompted for a new disk. I tried a manual track range with the same result.

Command Window Showed

cdparanoia 1-1 -d /dev/sr0 - | lame - --ty "0000" --tn "1" --ta "AR1" --tl "AB1" --tt "TK1" --tg "Other" --tc "" -"V" "3" -"mj" "AB1-01-TK1".mp3
cdparanoia 2-2 -d /dev/sr0 - | lame - --ty "0000" --tn "2" --ta "AR1" --tl "AB1" --tt "TK2" --tg "Other
Other" --tc "" -"V" "3" -"mj" "AB1-02-TK2".mp3
cdparanoia 3-3 -d /dev/sr0 - | lame - --ty "0000" --tn "3" --ta "AR1" --tl "AB1" --tt "TK3" --tg "Other
Other
Other" --tc "" -"V" "3" -"mj" "AB1-03-TK3".mp3
cdparanoia 4-4 -d /dev/sr0 - | lame - --ty "0000" --tn "4" --ta "AR1" --tl "AB1" --tt "TK4" --tg "Other
Other
Other
Other" --tc "" -"V" "3" -"mj" "AB1-04-TK4".mp3
exit 0

(Pcdripper 3.8, rip to mp3, VBR, stereo, Q=3, Puppy official 4.3.1, Toshiba A200 laptop)

Any ideas ?

Regards C Bumkin

plinej

#49 Post by plinej »

I couldn't replicate your trouble but the output showed a definite bug so I fixed that and posted 3.8.1. Install the new version and try again. If it doesn't work post the same screen where it shows the commands that are to be executed.

Country Bumkin

#50 Post by Country Bumkin »

plinej wrote:I couldn't replicate your trouble but the output showed a definite bug so I fixed that and posted 3.8.1. Install the new version and try again. If it doesn't work post the same screen where it shows the commands that are to be executed.
The command window now looks like a logical command set, rip is processing normally. Thanks for the prompt response.

Regards C Bumkin

plinej

#51 Post by plinej »

3.8.2 is up,

see the first page for update information

plinej

#52 Post by plinej »

updated to 3.8.3

plinej

#53 Post by plinej »

updated to 3.8.4

plinej

#54 Post by plinej »

updated to 3.9

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#55 Post by Flash »

For what it's worth, I used 3.8.4 (I think it was) to burn a (roughly 4 GB) session to a rewritable Blu-ray disk. It seemed to go well. I haven't enough stuff to save another session yet. I'll use 3.9 when I do.

Fry's electronics had a LG Blu-ray burner OVERPRICED in the store for $70. The ad in the paper said $100. How could I resist? They also had Kodak BD-RE disks with hard coat disk protection for only $4. I bought 3 of them.

The Blu-ray drive seems to see CDs much sooner after I put them in the drive than has any other drive. That could be because the CDs I was ripping were brand new and unscratched. Or maybe I'm just wrong. :lol:

plinej

#56 Post by plinej »

I realized there is a bug in my code when doing manual tags. I just fixed that so going from track to track all the information should be retained (except for the track name). I also fixed it so the drive doesn't spin up between every track's tagging gui. I'll have a 3.9.1 version posted soon. I'm just going to rip a couple of discs first for testing purposes.

plinej

#57 Post by plinej »

3.9.1 is up

plinej

#58 Post by plinej »

3.9.2 is up

plinej

#59 Post by plinej »

3.9.3 is up

darkcity

#60 Post by darkcity »

thankyou - this app helped me rip when my main drive (where tmp files go) is getting full.

wiki page updated :twisted:
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/PCdRipper