Net-Setup Gui and long char WPA2 password

Dumdideldum

Net-Setup Gui and long char WPA2 password

#1 Post by Dumdideldum »

I have a Netgear WG111v2 USB WLAN stick and tried to connect to my AP, which is using WPA2 encryption.
wlan0 device is detected and working - I see my AP (and others ;) ) when I do a scan withtin the network gui.

But whenever I try to use the network setup gui (net-setup.sh) and fill in the password, which is 63 char long and contains special characters, I get a loop displaying:

Code: Select all

...gtkdialog error in line 189 ..... near token `partofthepassword`: unknown tag
The password is working though under Windows and Linux (Ubuntu) using the same USB stick - so it contains allowed chars.

I think the problem is bash specific, cause when I try to run wpa_passphrase SSID MyPassword it nags about

Code: Select all

unknown token near '( ...
When I enter the password via stdin to wpa_passphrase, it is accepted and I think it gets converted to HEX, as far as I can say, that this is HEX which is displayed to stdout.

I found a hint in the forum to use s: (or S: ) in front of the key in the network gui, but this doesn't work either.
Entering the HEX code from wpa_passphrase into the gui doesn't work - it does not display any errer, but wlan0 doesn't get associated with my AP.

Any idea ?

Dumdideldum

#2 Post by Dumdideldum »

... solved it manually through bash via wpa_passphrase and wpa_supplicant daemon.

If someone is interested in this (manual) solution, I'll post it on my blog.