How can I change from icewm to jwm

Booting, installing, newbie
sprizz

How can I change from icewm to jwm

#1 Post by sprizz »

I am runnying 1.0.6 on the live cd. I recently installed icewm via the dotpup packages. When I boot up puppy, my default windows manager is icewm.....also, in the icewm start menu there is an option "window manager" which allows me to switch back to jwm. My question is, how can I add this option (window manager) to the jwm start menu??

rarsa

#2 Post by rarsa »

The IceWM installer should have added an entry under the JWM "Shutdown" menu.

If for whatever reason is not there:

- With a text editor open the file /root/.jwmrc
- At the end of the <RootMenu> section uncomment the entry that enables the restart IceWM entry

Code: Select all

from this:

<!--   <Program label="iceWM restart" icon="mini-windows.xpm">restartwm icewm</Program> -->

to this

<Program label="iceWM restart" icon="mini-windows.xpm">restartwm icewm</Program>

sprizz

#3 Post by sprizz »

thanks, that worked well.......I have a follow-up question though........is there any way to edit the icewm start menu text (change it from default of "Menu").........I figured out how to edit the jwm start menu text, but can't seem to quite figure out how to edit the icewm start menu text

#4 Post by Guest »

edit /root/.icewm/menu

sprizz

#5 Post by sprizz »

Yeah, I know that is the file you have to edit, but I can't seem to find where it is that the menu text is defined