wifi works on startup but not restart

greenlegs

wifi works on startup but not restart

#1 Post by greenlegs »

I got an internal wifi card for my laptop today. After installing it, I booted up Puppy 4.0 and uninstalled and removed my old driver from ndiswrapper (I was using a Belkin external card). I shutdown, ate dinner, and booted up. Opened the network wizard. Voila! My network card was being recognized (ath0). I went through with the network wizard asked it to save my settings, and had internet working beautifully. I restarted the system to make sure things would still work, and......nothing. No network connection on the menu bar even. I did a full shutdown, turned the system back on, and everything is working as it should be...

I just tried restarting, and the Xorg and screen resolution screens that come up when you first load puppy came up. Hmmm.. I have no clue why that would happen.

Another full shutdown.

Startup again, and everything is fine!

I'm beginning to think this might not be just a wireless problem after that last restart, so I'm going to post this in the beginners' help section too.

Thanks for any help you can give!

raffy

duplicate post

#2 Post by raffy »

Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].