The time now is Fri 24 May 2013, 11:36
All times are UTC - 4
Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Location: Valåmoen, Norway
|Posted: Thu 10 Jul 2008, 11:45 Post subject:
Subject description: 18. Mar 2013
Pmusic -Player -Manager -Grabber
Pmusic offers all the goodies you should expect of an audioplayer of 100kb
- Supports playback of a wide range of file-formats and audio-streams
- Supports metatags of many common formats.
- Index your music for hyper-fast searching
- Radio-station database categorized in genre and country
- Grab tracks all automated from chosen radio-stations
- Play music from the web. Full support of jamendo.com
- Playback (and ripping) of audio-CD
- Manage Podcasts
- Bookmark your songs, radio-stations, streams and podcasts
- Advanced search engine to manage several huge music sources
- Mixer with volume/balance and equalizer
- Gui-modular - Choose your preferred outfit (or use only backend)
- Burn/Copy/Convert files in playlist
- Track/Artist information using musicbrainz db
- Album art
- Graphical themes
- Language support
- Extremely newbie-friendly
- Smallest there is ... and very few dependencies
D O W N L O A D (username: puppy - password: linux)
D E P E N D E N C I E S
- ffmpeg (>= 0.11 )
- gtkdialog (>= 0.8.3 )
- bash + core-utils
- streamripper - extended radio-rip/play
- cdda2wav - for playing/ripping audio-CD
- wget - for web connection
- pSchedule (>= 1.1.2) - for sheduling podcasts
- pBurn - for burning audio-CD
- pFilesearch (>= 1.28 ) - for searching files
- pEqualizer (>= 0.9.0 )
M I S C
- Avoid \ " | in filename.
- Rename file with ` in name doesn't update playlist item.
Last edited by zigbert on Wed 15 May 2013, 17:40; edited 293 times in total
Joined: 10 Jun 2005
|Posted: Thu 10 Jul 2008, 12:03 Post subject:
Re: Pmusic 0.1-TR
Congratulations zigbert, very nice.
|zigbert wrote: |
|With Puppy 4 we lost gtk1, and it gave just one more reason to get rid of Xmms. |
I totally agree. Installing the GTK1 libraries in Puppy4 just to use XMMS is ugly.
|zigbert wrote: |
|... I couldn't find I small cli-player that supported a variety of formats. |
Try lamip -
Joined: 26 May 2006
Location: Southampton, UK
|Posted: Thu 10 Jul 2008, 12:35 Post subject:
I'm amazed (I suppose I shouldn't be, you must be the world authority on gtkdialog by now).
The first time I opened the dialog to index my music the index window kept closing and then reopening.
Looks like you've made a feature of the broken window manager close request. The player can run in the background and when you restart the gui it attaches to the running player automatically, nice. It is a good demonstration of separation of the GUI from the processes. I think I will copy this in psip if I can get past the problems with pjsua.
video player next , will it do fullscreen
contribute: community website, screenshots, puplets, wiki, rss
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
|Posted: Thu 10 Jul 2008, 16:50 Post subject:
as mentioned before, now first tests. system homebrew based on dingo on notebook.
by starting from console i get:
cat: /root/.pmusic/tmp/pmusic-PLAYLIST1234: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/root/.pmusic/tmp/pmusic-playlist1': No such file or directory
/usr/local/pmusic/func: line 794: kill: (26441) - No such process
cat: /root/.pmusic/tmp/pmusic-playlist: No such file or directory
cat: /root/.pmusic/tmp/pmusic-progressbar_status: No such file or directory
last one goes into a neverending loop. but pmusic starts.
i than wanted to add a small library fo testing. i think the ways are:
1. File > Update Index
2. Edit > Add Music to Playlist > Update Index
if i do one of those, the new window is opening in endless number until i kill xwin.
so unluckily i could not test further.
but nice and clean gui.
with how much songs did you test it (with/without reading tags)?
PUPPY SEARCH: http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html
Joined: 03 Jul 2008
Location: Kane, IL USA
|Posted: Thu 10 Jul 2008, 16:53 Post subject:
so, this is still in testing phase, correct? I think I'll wait if there are any problems. Looks good, though!!
Joined: 04 Dec 2005
|Posted: Thu 10 Jul 2008, 17:21 Post subject:
What thoughtful and determined work on your part. I am sure the users here will let you know where fixes are needed and your finished product will reflect well on yourself and be another gem for the Puppy Linux community.
Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Location: Valåmoen, Norway
|Posted: Thu 10 Jul 2008, 17:48 Post subject:
Version 3.3.0 (18.Mar 2013)
- Option (menuitem) to repair broken playlist.
- MyMusic database.
. . . .- If added file (to playlist) misses in db, run quick update.
. . . .- Add /initrd/mnt/dev_save to default MyMusic paths (MyMusic Setup).
. . . .- Check if MyMusic db exists on every startup. If no, quick update.
. . . .- Faster Read/write by avoiding utf-8 (LC_ALL=C)
. . . .- Faster searching by Squeezing grep of tracks and collections. Do the separation after.
. . . .- Faster searching by not using UTF-8 in search command.
. . . .- Reintroduce 'Search while typing' (optional - set in preferences). Default is off.
. . . .- If only one line in hits: add to playlist by pressing enter. This will only happen when 'Search while typing'.
. . . .- Faster and better albumart grabbing by using albumart.org as default grabber.
. . . .- Faster internet-connection-check by adding --max-redirect 0.
. . . .- Faster Trackinfo handling by avoiding utf-8 for backend (LC_ALL=C after gui(s) are loaded.)
. . . .- Bugfix: Saving 'Blues' as meta-genre if choosing from menu.
. . . .- Bugfix: Albumart.org grabber suggests artwork even if album-tag is empty (Torstein Flakne - Walkaway)
- Plugins now available directly from menu.
- Track menu is now 'Playback'.
. . . .- Mixer is moved here.
. . . .- Mixer has got menu icon.
- Splash screen.
. . . .- Allow wrapped text.
. . . .- Merged box_splash and box_splash_progress.
. . . .- Use splash-graphics in about-window.
- Save playlist: Error msg if not defined save-file.
- Change default playmode from loop to straight (no loop).
. . . .- Click on podcast in manager to show downloaded files in sourcelist.
. . . .- Bugfix: Show podcasts via Music-Sources menu.
- Bookmarks - simplified and improved.
. . . .- Add bookmark to playlist (or browse) by click on bookmark in external window.
. . . .- Quick bookmarking from playlist right-click menu.
. . . .- Removed 'Bookmark playing track' in Track menu. Bookmark manager does the same.
. . . .- Removed bookmarking of Music-source. Source history is better.
. . . .- (Re)moved menu Bookmarks to menuitem 'Bookmark Manager'.
. . . .- Place right-click menu on cursor-top-left instead of center.
. . . .- Bugfix: pMusic allows only one timestamp pr. file.
. . . .- Bugfix: Updating path in db should also update corresponding bookmarks
- Recent played: Show (www) and (CD) separate column.
. . . .- Expand sorting of grabbed tracks to include time as well as date.
. . . .- Bugfix: Use mtime instead of ctime when sorting grabbed tracks.
- Overview: Most played bottom line is now ...more to show complete list.
- Clean up terminal outputs at first run.
- Add m3u/pmu now also give the option to fix db if file does not exist (only exist in db).
- Add *.pmu to Rox mime db.
- Remove pMusic-raster-icon from pet - jwm 2.2 supports svg.
- Midi support.
. . . .- Length detection when adding to playlist.
. . . .- Export midi like any other supported file.
. . . .- Trackinfo works if filename is Artist - Title.
. . . .- Trackinfo stream-tab works.
. . . .- Integrated with MyMusic db.
. . . .- Check for timidity in dependency checker (pmusic -D).
. . . .- timidity info when running pmusic -f/-h.
. . . .- Bugfix: Browsing the WebMusic index.
. . . .- Update jamendo-index.
- Bugfix: Give pMusic executable an icon in Rox.
- Bugfix: Do not autoselect text on yes/no boxes.
- Bugfix: Play-icon doesn't show in playlist if playing track contains $ in name.
- Bugfix: Go forward/back in playlist history didn't clear name of active playlist.
- Bugfix: Fallback to english FAQ if local FAQ does not exist.
- Bugfix: 'pmusic /path/' (cli) failed to play content of directory.
- Bugfix: pMusic is very slow at startup if sourcelist is huge.
- Bugfix: Move progress slider several times gives playback error.
Version 3.2.3 (28.Feb 2013)
- Bugfix: Read correct balance values. (thanks to SFR)
- Bugfix: Read current volume/balance values before opening external mixer window.
Version 3.2.2 (28.Feb 2013)
- Bugfix: CD-player gui
Version 3.2.1 (20.Feb 2013)
- Bugfix: Balance slider. (thanks to 666philb)
- Bugfix: Several similar msg about mono-channel pops up when moving slider. (thanks to 01micko)
- Bugfix: Search fails if include ' in searchstring.
- Bugfix: Remove debugging gxmessage when deleting RadioHits preset.
- Bugfix: Jump_to_time stops progress bar.
- Bugfix: Searching for radio-stations, country-info is pointed to a too narrow tab.
- Bugfix: Clear active playlist when choosing 'New Playlist'.
- Bugfix: Graphical theme fails showing svg-header with ONLY_THIS_GTKTHEME=false in themerc.
Version 3.2.0 (17.Feb 2013)
- Basic support of libav (ffmpeg is still recommended)
- New mixer/eq window.
. . . .- Vol/balance together with equalizer.
. . . .- Volume / Balance slider works while sliding. (thanks to SFR)
. . . .- Reachable from either menu of button in main gui (also CD-frontend).
. . . .- Adjusting volume also unmutes sound.
. . . .- New icon.
. . . .- Remove balance icon.
. . . .- Msg if changing balance with a mono speaker channel.
. . . .- Bypass equalizer: Howto info.
- Album art.
. . . .- Albumart.org now suports bigger images (as for amazon.com).
. . . .- Save albumart locally also for hits in albumart.org.
. . . .- Bugfix: Avoid DVD's when searching amazon for album art.
. . . .- Bugfix: If local albumart file is removed - albumart-grabber returns 'not found' instead of going to amazon.
- Trackinfo: Improve detection of correct album tag.
- Preferences: Tooltip for sound card chooser adds info about bypassing eq.
- Updated LowPowered / Wings frontends.
- Remove Title - Artist info in window heading when stop playing
- Remove option to search while typing. pMusic has grown beyond this.
- Bugfix: Menu>Music sources>Radio-Hits lists each directories even if they are equal.
- Bugfix: tooltip-text for navigation buttons.
- Bugfix: Menu>Music Sources>Browse did not work
Version 3.1.6 (15.Feb 2013)
- Bugfix: Grab albumart from amazon.com
- Bugfix: Right-click menu gets wrong placement if reaching screen-right.
Version 3.1.5 (12.Feb 2013)
- Bugfix: OK-box won't show if containing extended text-string.
Version 3.1.4 (8.Feb 2013)
- Bugfix: Play next track in playlist fails if metainfo (artist/title) is changed for playing track.
- Bugfix: Kill pid of streamripper when deleting a radio-hits preset.
- Bugfix: Main icon doesn't look good on greyish backgrounds.
- Bugfix: Improve file locking (flock) code.
Version 3.1.3 (3.Feb 2013)
- Bugfix: Using flock (file locking) to avoid mymusic db corruption during update.
Version 3.1.2 (30.Jan 2013)
- Option to fix database if trying to add a not-found file.
- Opened support of midi playback for *.kar files.
- Possible to add additional widgets inside the svg-heading.
. . . .- Radio-Hits: gui is not too tall anymore - info in heading.
. . . .- Masstagger: Moved information to heading button
. . . .- Ok-box will place big icon in heading if present.
- Text in Ok-box and Yes/No-box is set selectable.
- Bugfix: Plugin: Reopen correct CD-audio gui if backgrounded with trayapp. (thanks to 01micko)
- Bugfix: Play midi works only if another track is already in playlist. (thanks to charlie6)
- Bugfix: No play-icon if playing filename contains `.
- Bugfix: Splashbox shows still 2012.
- Bugfix: Wrong albumart height in CD-audio frontend.
- Bugfix: Lyrics text field doesn't take color setting in gtkrc.
Version 3.1.1 (19.Jan 2013)
- Bugfix: Title in Now Playing mode (thanks to Billtoo)
- Bugfix: Filename can't contain ] (thanks to bark_bark_bark)
Version 3.1.0 (16.Jan 2013)
- Updated dependencies
. . . .- gtkdialog 0.8.3
. . . .- ffmpeg 0.11
. . . .- pschedule 1.1.2
. . . .- Presets for convertion.
. . . .- Disable bitrate/samlerate/channel options when choosing flac. (requires gtkdialog 0.8.3)
. . . .- Removed option to save exported files to m3u.
. . . .- Simplified gtkdialog code.
. . . .- Accept blank settings for channel/bitrate/samplerate.
- Add to playlist
. . . .- Option to Add all from the smartadd dock.
. . . .- Add non-existing file gives option to remove file from db.
. . . .- Bugfix: Add after playing always grabs the first instance of the song (in case of several).
. . . .- Bugfix: Msg: File does not exist: Bold text doesn't work if not valid utf-8 filename.
- Overview -> Most played -> now set to last 30 days instead of 60 (variable RATING_PERIODE in rc).
- Searchresult shows rating of all times instead of using variable RATING_PERIODE in rc.
. . . .- Simplified manager gui.
. . . .- New dialog to delete a pod.
. . . .- Bugfix: Show next run (human readable) in pSchedule.
- New playmode: None --> stop after playing song.
- Improved tooltips for playmode and addmode.
. . . .- Album-tag: Option to choose Album from discography.
. . . .- Support embedded image files (albumart) to audio file.
. . . . . . . .- Use as default albumart if exist.
. . . . . . . .- Write embedded image to audio file from albumart tab (save button).
. . . . . . . .- Added as refresh-albumart source.
. . . . . . . .- Also supported by masstagger.
. . . .- Don't reload trackinfo if corresponding info already exist
. . . . . . . .- ie. same album or when moving slider.
. . . . . . . .- This gives a marked reduction of cpu usage.
. . . .- Lyrics: #8217 is set to ' in lyricswiki converter
. . . .- Lyrics: Edit (button) not found lyrics, now makes an empty lyrics file.
. . . .- Message if searching alternativ tags and no web connection.
. . . .- Albumart: default size is set to 400px - click for full size.
. . . .- Save tags: blank tag-icons immediately to show action.
. . . .- By default, suggest an album tag from an album/single instead of various-artist-album.
. . . .- Bugfix: Tracknr-tag is now by default choosen depending on album - next searces for singles or compilations.
. . . .- Bugfix: No internet gave 2 messages when searching for alternative tags.
. . . .- Bugfix: If changing a Artist/Title tag before clicking 'Alternative tags' old tag-info are back after new tags are activated.
. . . .- Bugfix: Read stream info from ffmpeg 0.11 >
. . . .- Bugfix: Saving tags breaks album-pmu-detection.
- Rewritten Radiohits grabber.
. . . .- All streamrippers in one gui.
. . . .- Option to delete a preset.
. . . .- Advanced expander: Allow manual options to streamripper command.
. . . .- Advanced expander: Show streamripper command.
. . . .- Bugfix: Apply several RadioHits grabbers simultaniously could corrupt MyMusic index.
. . . .- Only supported gtkdialog executable is now 'gtkdialog'. (thanks to 01micko)
. . . .- Link to gtkdialog homepage in about dialog.
- Use bash as the interpreter for all scripts.
- Save (playlist)
. . . .- More logical auto-setting of 'save-path' in save dialog.
. . . .- Tooltip for option: Include path.
. . . .- Bugfix: Add more info (1.col of sourcelist) to mymusic index.
- Set 'all time' as default time-periode in most-played dialog.
- Update length-description in db after use of $AUDIO_EDITOR (MhWaveEdit).
. . . .- Handle embedded albumart.
. . . .- Bugfix: Clear tags.
. . . .- Bugfix: Set genre to Blues from drop-down menu.
. . . .- Icon in Tray app switches Play/Pause. (thanks to 01micko)
. . . .- Cleanup: Remove Trayapp setting in rc.
- Updated About information.
- Nad4: link to new addmode-icon.
- Bugfix: Make /tmp/ dir during install sticky. (thanks to 01micko)
- Bugfix: Moving progress slider halts playing. - Improved, but still not perfect.
- Bugfix: Click on playing track in playlists (replay) hides the play-icon.
Version 3.0.7 (25.Dec 2012)
- Bugfix: Detection of installed pMusic older than version 3.0.0 (thanks to L18L)
Version 3.0.6 (12.Dec 2012)
- Remove locales file
- Bugfix: Burn content of playlist (Playlist-menu).
Version 3.0.5 (1.Dec 2012)
- Bugfix: pMusic closes if gui troubles with utf-8 content
Version 3.0.4 (29.Nov 2012)
- Bugfix: Detection of gtkdialog executable.
Version 3.0.3 (27.Nov 2012)
- Add message to terminal if frontend fails to run.
- Bugfix: Allow gtkdialog executable to be a link rather than a file. Thanks to (Dromeno)
- Bugfix: Stop autoplayed music if frontend fails to run.
Version 3.0.2 (25.Nov 2012)
- Bugfix: Add track to playlist after search in external pfilesearch-window.
- Bugfix: Prefer executable gtkdialog5 over gtkdialog. (thanks to Dromeno)
Version 3.0.1 (24.Nov 2012)
- Avoid masstagger to steal focus while working.
- Bugfix: Remove lines with <<< to get momanager build pot files. (thanks to rodin.s)
- Bugfix: Masstagger stops if non-existing track exist in playlist.
- Bugfix: Name of multiple playlists corrupts at first run. (thanks to charlie6)
- Bugfix: Detect all translations available in preferences. (thanks to L18L)
- Bugfix: Set gettext variable TEXTDOMAIN in func_trackinfo (thanks to rodin.s)
- Bugfix: Play-icon in playlist don't move to playing track when shuffle is activated.
Version 3.0.0 (16.Nov 2012)
- Bump dependency to gtkdialog-0.8.2. (thanks to thunor)
- New dynamic index structure for local music (MyMusic).
. . . .- Track info are now being collected (and stored) during use.
. . . .- More track information
. . . . . . . .- Metatags and filepath
. . . . . . . .- Streaminfo - Fileformat, bitrate, length
. . . . . . . .- Links to lyrics and albumart.
. . . . . . . .- Rating and timestamps for each played song
. . . . . . . .- Disc-id and artist-id from musicbrainz.org
. . . .- Quick scan for music at first start (/root/ and /mnt/).
. . . .- index_all, index_alphabetic, index_playlists and index_rating are replaced by index_mymusic.
. . . .- Remove option 'Update only recent files'. This is now always true.
. . . .- Remove hot-key to MyMusic setup.
. . . .- MyMusic setup: Option to remove non-existing files from index.
. . . .- Masstagger updates db.
. . . .- Count indexed tracks in progressbar.
. . . .- Disable Index options during indexing MyMusic.
. . . .- Clean up temporary files after indexing.
. . . .- Bugfix: Indexing could run into infinite loop because 'find' follow symlinks. (thanks to rodin.s)
- Gui enhancements. (thanks to thunor).
. . . .- Moved Search-options into main gui from prefernces/external window.
. . . .- Sort from list-headers instead from menu/buttons.
. . . .- Show playing track in window title.
. . . .- Proper placement of right-click menu.
. . . .- Hide columns unimportant for user in sourcelist.
. . . .- Better alignment of albumart-thumb in main window.
. . . .- Tooltip text in playlist shows path to track
. . . .- Bugfix: More accurate update of state of play/pause button.
- More simplified usage.
. . . .- Restructured sourcelist when showing Overview.
. . . .- Simplified preferences.
. . . .- All meta-options are now combined to one single option.
. . . .- Pmusic will convert %20 and _ to space in playlist. No option.
. . . .- Tray-app is moved to the plugin department (until we get a noarch-alternative).
. . . .- Squeezed all tabs in Music-sources into one single tab.
. . . .- Set default text editor is added to preferences.
- Save Music-Source navigation history.
. . . .- Undo/Redo in Music-Source history.
. . . .- Open history index from menu.
. . . .- Include last 20 history entries into overview.
. . . .- Faster adding tracks to playlist.
. . . .- New playlist format (*.pmu).
. . . . . . . .- |03:24|Artist - Title|/path/file.mp3|$(date +%s%N) /path/file.mp3
. . . . . . . .- Column 5 is invisible and nr is used to keep the track unique in list.
. . . . . . . .- Column 1 is for play-icon
. . . .- Removed check to avoid same track 2 times in a row.
. . . .- Add tracks from Album-tab in trackinfo.
. . . .- Store album lists locally (optioinal) for improved performance.
. . . .- Right-click option in sourcelist to look into lists.
. . . .- Show collections before tracks in search-result.
. . . .- Option to search for collections ONLY.
. . . .- Bugfix: *.album files are generated twice if capitals in tagging differ.
. . . .- Bugfix: *.album files contains m3u files as well.
. . . .- Bugfix: *.album files contains other artists with same album name
- New rating (most played) engine (thanks to jamesbond and L18L)
. . . .- Show most played tracks last day/week/month.
. . . .- Show most played tracks in a given period.
. . . .- Sort by rating by clicking on sourcelist header.
. . . .- Moved rating-info from 'Misc' tab to 'Stream' tab in trackinfo.
. . . .- Set default rating periode in rc file (default 60 days)
- Option to set data storage (outside of pup_save). (thanks to mikeslr)
- Save dialog
. . . .- Save as *.pmu (for speed) or *.m3u (for compatibility)
. . . .- Remove bookmark option. MyMusic index is dynamically updated.
. . . .- Remember state of save-path checkbox
. . . .- Option to manually set filename in filechooser (-newfile attribute).
. . . .- Press Enter-key in entry-field activates Save-button
. . . .- Overwrite question is default 'Yes'.
. . . .- Faster and more accurate updating of trackinfo.
. . . .- Trackinfo of NON-playing song is now working as good (and fast) as for playing.
. . . .- Album-tab is searching for matching files. Click to add to playlist.
. . . .- Lyrics
. . . . . . . .- Search in specific lyrics server.
. . . . . . . .- Quick-search to www when URL is stored at first match.
. . . . . . . .- Edit lyrics
. . . . . . . .- Remove (...) from title when searching lyrics.
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: Neither azlyrics nor elyrics worked.
. . . .- Discophraphy
. . . . . . . .- Show disc-id from musicbrainz.
. . . . . . . .- Use tree widget to make columns sortable/clickable.
. . . . . . . .- By default, sort discophraphy in reveres order.
. . . .- Album art
. . . . . . . .- Use local pic as album art (*albumart*|*album_art*|*cover*.jpg|png). (thanks to 01micko)
. . . . . . . .- Refresh albumart with specific source.
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: skip (..) from search string.
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: Make big album-arts scrollable to avoid huge window.
. . . .- Tags
. . . . . . . .- Comment tag in trackinfo
. . . . . . . .- Save meta-tags updates the playlist name-column.
. . . . . . . .- Removed help-button.
. . . . . . . .- Msg: Save/Clear tags are only possible for local files.
. . . .- Better aligment in stream-tab.
. . . .- Removed 'Misc' tab.
. . . .- Stabilized grabbing from musicbrainz.org --> not so sensitive for format changes.
. . . .- If trackinfo for playing track is turned OFF, msg in trackinfo window.
. . . .- Bugfix: Trackinfo window sometimes stop updating.
. . . .- Bugfix: No msg for missing internet connection in metainfo entries
. . . .- Bugfix: Trackinfo failed if musicbrainz detects more than one possible album.
. . . .- Bugfix: Autosave albumart to local storage.
. . . .- Bugfix: Check internet connection in max 3 sec.
. . . .- Bugfix: Find more info if artist/title tag contains (...)
. . . .- Bugfix: Set correct grab-tags-icons for urls at first run. Hoovers...
. . . .- Allow searchwords with leading - to define what should NOT be in searchresult.
. . . .- Search options are available from the search-dock.
. . . .- Bugfix: AC/DC was treated as path because of the /. Paths always begin with /.
- Cpu-usage is reduced.
. . . .- Take advantage of file-monitor attribute in gtkdialog-0.8.2 (thanks to thunor).
. . . .- Simpler dataflow with the new dynamic index.
. . . .- Rewritten some challenging loops.
. . . .- LowPowered frontend is taken out of the official pet.
. . . .- Removed info about LowPowered at first run.
. . . .- Bugfix: Don't run func_progressbar if already running (thanks to rodin.s)
. . . .- New plugin structure. Stored in /usr/local/pmusic/plugins/
. . . .- Gui available from File menu: Install / uninstall / Run
. . . .- Every plugin has a corresponding rc file with information.
. . . .- Tray app (thanks to iguleder) is moved to plugins because pMusic is a strictly noarch app.
. . . .- Tray app is using svg-icon (thanks to 01micko)
. . . .- Search in indexed collections is moved to plugins.
. . . .- Apply new tracks to main db.
. . . .- Removed Radio-Hits as search target.
. . . .- Always cleanup double/incomplete downloads.
. . . .- Use expander widget for 'more info'.
. . . .- Bugfix: Default preset to 1.FM 50-60s dies not work. Use 181.fm instead.
. . . .- Updated WebMusic (jamendo) index.
. . . .- Removed splash during connection to jamendo.com.
. . . .- Bugfix: Add random from top100 gives wrong length.
. . . .- Bugfix: Kb/Sec column shows too much info.
. . . .- Autofill name field when browsing for file. (thanks to don570)
. . . .- Download dir is the same as data storage dir.
. . . .- Add comment tag to masstagger.
. . . .- Adding number to genre tag converts tag to text-string before writing.
. . . .- Updates index file.
. . . .- Set maxvolume to 95% to avoid one more amp-channel go to h**l.
. . . .- Autodetection of active soundcard checks MultipleSoundCardWizard. (thanks to 01micko)
. . . .- Bugfix: Speaker list in prefernecees should depend on selected card. (thanks to 01micko)
. . . .- Bugfix: Can't set speaker channel with 2 words in name. (thanks to charlie6)
. . . .- Use gettext (thanks to L18L)
. . . .- $LANGUAGE is now $MY_LANGUAGE to avoid conflict with gettext (thanks to L18L)
. . . .- All credits to translators is removed. I guess new translators have to start from scratch.
. . . .- Move translated help files to /usr/share/doc/help to be compatible with pman. (thanks to shinobar)
. . . .- Smoother version update: Keep older personal settings.
. . . .- Icon in .desktop file points to /usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps/pmusic.png
. . . .- Splash at first run.
. . . .- Add version check in pet.specs file. (thanks to BarryK)
. . . .- Bugfix: First run: Playmode shows loop, but is set to noloop.
. . . .- /usr/local/pmusic/presets are renamed to 'frontends'.
. . . .- Frontends are no longer available in View menu. Only in preferences.
. . . .- Wings (and LowPowered) frontend are not a part of the default installation
. . . .- Removed settings for Classic frontend.
. . . .- Not anymore a part of the default installation.
. . . .- Updates:
. . . . . . . .- Show active headers where sorting is possible.
. . . . . . . .- Adjust row height in GtkTreeView.
. . . . . . . .- GtkTreeView is similar to Clist (not playlist).
. . . . . . . .- New albumart icon
. . . . . . . .- It also contains the big (3d-ish) icon for pMusic.
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: Ensure English output of ffmpeg with LANG=C. (thanks to rodin.s)
- Updated FAQ. Some quests are no longer relevant.
- Updated Radio stations index.
- Podcasts: download dir is removed and is instead the same as data storage dir.
- Add All/Random is squeezed to one function and moved to dock.
- New simpler pMusic icon in /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/pmusic.svg.
- Moved raster-icons from /usr/local/pmusic to /usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps/pmusic.png
- Bugfix: svg-color codes in rc.
- Bugfix: Pmusic kills other apps using ffmpeg (ffconvert) when exit. (thanks to shinobar)
- Bugfix: NowPlaying never returns to main gui.
- Bugfix: Use browser defined in preferences for showing faq and trackinfo URLs.
- Bugfix: Radio Station index builder won't run in background when started from Overview.
- Bugfix: Add URL with timestamp.
- Bugfix: No message if .m3u file does not exist.
- Bugfix: Quit pMusic from signal: quit (-s quit) as in tray-app.
- Bugfix: When checking web connection, limit test to only 1 sec.
- Bugfix: Exit reading of track info if file doen't exist.
- Bugfix: Some terminal output.
- Bugfix: No icon in playlist if doubleclick to start track.
- Bugfix: Accurate skip forward/back in playlist if similar tracks in list.
- Bugfix: Adding track from audio-CD gave an leading space to length-description in playlist.
- Bugfix: Use set search-path when calling up pFilesearch external window.
- Bugfix: pEqualizer doesn't take effect until you load Wings and restart.
- Bugfix: Autoplay audio-CD when opening .CD frontend.
- Bugfix: Play next song in playlist if it is the same song.
- Bugfix: If playlist item isn't valid, go to next.
- Bugfix: Remove not valid item from playlist by mid-click or right-click menu.
- Bugfix: Change Play/Pause icon when Stop playing.
- Bugfix: Dependency check 'pmusic -D' troubles with ffmpeg-0.11.x (thanks to 01micko)
- Bugfix: Start playing Track when choose 'PLay Audio CD' from File menu.
- Bugfix: Update playlist after started pMusic from terminal with a defined file/url.
- Bugfix: Check ftp-server (meownplanet) instead of $PING_SERVER for radio/webmusic.
Version 2.6.7 (29.Oct 2012)
- Bugfix: Open pMusic by clicking on file in filebrowser. (thanks to JamesC and BarryK)
Version 2.6.6 (19.Sept 2012)
- Slight modif. to pinstall.sh (thanks to BarryK)
- Bugfix: Musicbrainz.org changed detection of album-id 17. Sept.
- Bugfix: Lyrics detection from www.
Version 2.6.5 (10.Aug 2012)
- Make headers in search-result link to setup, like in 'overview'
- Show audio-format in bitrate-column in Music-Source field.
- Bugfix: Radiohits: When choosing an predefined preset, check if 'download dir' is saved (new fix).
- Bugfix: index .album files makes new files if capitals differ in tags.
Version 2.6.4 (27.Jul 2012)
- Bugfix: There is 2 LOC2913 (thanks to esmourguit)
- Bugfix: Minor alignment in pmusic --help
- Bugfix: Radiohits: When choosing an predefined preset, check if 'download dir' is saved.
- NLS: Added: LOC2914
- NLS: Changed: LOC302, 617
Version 2.6.3 (24.Jun 2012)
- Add 'Stop' to Track-menu. (thanks to OscarTalks)
- NLS: Added: $LOC_STOP
- Bugfix: Bad syntax when bookmark a track with timestamp. (thanks to don570)
- Bugfix: Some terminal output.
- Bugfix: Trackinfo: Alternative metainfo: Doubleclick in <tree> widget to activate new tags.
- Bugfix: Imroved pinstall.sh. (thanks to 01micko)
Version 2.6.2 (2.Jun 2012)
- Imrove detection of Audio-CD (thanks to shinobar)
- Support other users than root in pinstall script. (thanks to BarryK)
- Clear Pmusic_xml file (gtkdialog-code) if gtkdialog fails to show gui. (thanks to shinobar)
- Remove old NLS standard.
- Move native language file to /usr/local/pmusic (thanks to shinobar)
- Bugfix: Add Pmusic to Rox globicons and 'OpenWith' menu during install. (thanks to BarryK)
- Bugfix: using -c switch at first run (thanks to shinobar)
- Bugfix: Pmusic_CD saves playlist content for next run of ordinary Pmusic. (thanks to shinobar)
- Bugfix: Pmusic_CD (at first run only) corrupts xml-file for ordinary Pmusic. (thanks to shinobar)
- Bugfix: Theme GTK: Highlightning of playlist didn't follow the global gtk-theme.
Version 2.6.1 (20.May 2012)
- 'Gtk' is updated and set to default theme.
- Bugfix: Skip tracknr in ripped-CD-name if 'Add numering' is true. (thanks to Flash)
- Bugfix: Update albumart/nowplaying if missing meta info.
- Bugfix: Trackinfo: After saving tags, other trackinfo disappears.
Version 2.6.0 (8.May 2012)
. . . Keep settings for output stream. (thanks to Flash)
. . . User-defined 1. number in 'Add numbering'. (thanks to Flash)
. . . Add numbering for cd-rip. (thanks to Flash)
. . . Removed 'Bookmark target dir' option.
. . . More explanations in tooltips and info-box
. . . Bugfix: No place to set filename for CD-rip when playlist is a mix of files/cd-tracks
- My Music
. . . Store filter-settings in /rcindex for next run.
. . . Hotkey CTRL+m for open 'My music' window.
. . . Bugfix: .album-files are sorted alphabetically, not by track order.
. . . Bugfix: Doesn't include .album-files in index_all during index-build.
. . . Bugfix: 'Update only recent' doesn't delete old existing item in index-file.
. . . Bugfix: Scaling window.
- If source for some reason won't play, skip to next track in playlist after 5 sec error message.
- Svg-logo. /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/pmusic
- Show name of playing song big and clear (svg). Statusbar now shows full path.
- Pmusic header in external windows.
. . . Theme is extended with text color definition in themerc
. . . Gtk-classes for search/lyrics/...
. . . Unique gtkrc for main window and splash-box.
. . . Pet includes 2 themes.
. . . Gtk will look like the active (global) gtk-theme.
. . . Nad4 is made espesially for making Pmusic feel good.
. . . No prelight in music-source <table>-header. These are not clickable.
. . . Info/radio-stream icons in main window is now svg --> crystal sharp.
. . . Bugfix: Gtk won't reset to original gtk-theme in Slacko if THEME_ALL_DIALOGS=false (themerc).
. . . Bugfix: Some external windows didn't react on settings in themerc.
. . . Bugfix: Reset gtk-theme when open web-browser via trackinfo/preferences/about window.
- Delete-button in trackinfo tag-entries.
- Reorganized Manager frontend.
- New menuitem 'Quit and save geometry'.
- Show new tracks in playlist WHILE importing m3u ('Add all' / 'Add random').
- Move locales to /usr/share/locale/. Still supporting old model.
- Show Pmusic-logo when not detected albumart in trackinfo window.
- Show logo in splash-box.
- Search-option-box via search-field now uses gtkrc_splash for better framing.
- Move 22x22 icon to /usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps/pmusic.png.
- Remove $HOME/.pmusic/tmp directory at version upgrade.
- Add Pmusic to Rox globicons during install. --> Works also as icon on the desktop.
- Hotkey ctrl+o for show overview in source-list.
. . . Jamendo index file-format is heavily shrinked.
. . . Jamendo index is updated.
. . . Bugfix: Browse webmusic when more than 1 index file is present.
. . . Bugfix: Browse jamendo from menu doesn't work. Works from overview.
. . . Bugfix: Add stream with timestamp to playlist.
- New parameter '--reset'. Start Pmusic like a fresh install, but keep personal settings.
- Generated_playlists are moved to $HOME/.pmusic/.
- Updated radiostation-index.
- New About-dialog
- New icon for 'about' (in menu).
- Bugfix: 'Please wait' in progress-splash-box was hardcoded to english.
- Bugfix: Playlist length shows 00:00 at first run.
- Bugfix: Trackinfo-button in LowPowered frontend missed tooltip-text.
- Bugfix: Run Trackinfo window as background process in LowPowered frontend.
- Bugfix: Scaling Preferences window.
- Bugfix: Quit from menu doesn't stop music.
- Bugfix: Rating gets deleted if reaching min/max.
- NLS: Added: LOC_PLEASEWAIT, LOC_STREAM, 109, 114, 174, 251, 2913, 719, 726
- NLS: Changed: LOC116, 288, 2912, 490, 495, 631, 708, 903
- NLS: Removed: LOC289, 290, 670, 671, 720
- FAQ: How can I control Pmusic by hotkeys?
Version 2.5.3 (1.Apr 2012)
- Move lyrics/albumart settings to preferences.
- Show source of albumart/lyrics.
- Option to save albumart.
- New builtin command in masstagger: CLEAR
- Updated FAQ.
- New icon for larger resolution.
- Updated credits in the about window.
- Moved Refresh-button in trackinfo from tab to main widget.
- Bugfix: Lyrics from lyricwiki.org missed last line (thanks to robwoj44)
- Bugfix: At firstrun using ie 'pmusic --version', it plays "Hoovers" hidden. (thanks to linuxcbon)
- Bugfix: window-icon in alternative-meta-info heading.
- Bugfix: Do not use local lyrics/albumart if not activated in preferences.
- Bugfix: Lyricwiki.org fails when offering translated lyrics in separate coloumn.
- Bugfix: Terminal error when playing url and radio-index is missing. (thanks to sheldonisaac)
- Bugfix: If language is set to auto, keep it auto. This is required if user installs langpack.
- Bugfix: Terminal output.
- NLS: Added: LOC_REFRESH, ALBUMART, 850, 851
- NLS: Changed: LOC258, 666, 680, 901
- NLS: Removed: LOC681, 682, 691, 692
Version 2.5.2 (25.Mar 2012)
- Playmode is set to no-loop by default (thanks to FeodorF)
- Bugfix: Improved CD-audio detection (thanks to Brown Mouse)
Version 2.5.1 (21.Mar 2012)
- Updated masstagger.
. . . Added support of writing id3V2. (thanks to Flash)
. . . Choose which list to act on.
. . . Gui refinements.
. . . Yes/No-box before clearing all metatags in masstagger.
. . . Example of how to use leading zero for Track_nr. (thanks to Flash)
- Updated radio/webmusic-index.
- Bugfix: COUNT-variable in masstagger fails when acts on sourcelist (thanks to Flash)
- Bugfix: Trackinfo when playing audio-CD (thanks to Brown Mouse)
- Bugfix: Track-tag failed if the word 'track' was in other tags.
- NLS: Added: LOC254, 257
- NLS: Changed LOC631
- NLS: Removed: LOC251, 259
Version 2.5.0 (16.Mar 2012)
- New engine for meta information
. . . id3lib is no longer required - ffmpeg now handles meta-information.
. . . Support of meta-tags for more file formats.
. . . 'Clear genre' now clears the tag instead of adding a space-char.
. . . By default, loading of meta-info while browsing/searching is turned OFF.
. . . Accept free-text in genre-tag. (thanks to Flash)
- Support both rxvt to xterm for better compatibility (dependency check).
- Improved detection of bitrate in sourcelist.
- Message when updating podcasts and no internet connection.
- Indexing MyMusic imidiately activates seaching for MyMusic as well.
- Bugfix: Close static trackinfo window after save/clear -> window can't rerender.
- Bugfix: Show id3-genre in music-source list if not in index (-browse_id3).
- Bugfix: Index local files: Build playlists based on id3 album tag.
- Bugfix: Show artist/title when loading audio-CD. (thanks to bigpup)
- Bugfix: Close splash when export is finished.
- Bugfix: Export failed to copy file without converting.
- Bugfix: Builtin filebrowser didn't show files if autoloading of metatags was set off.
- NLS: Added: LOC_NR
- NLS: Removed: LOC258
Version 2.4.4 (19.Feb 2012)
- Bugfix: Reaching trackinfo (thanks to 01micko)
- Bugfix: Some terminal output
Version 2.4.3 (17.Feb 2012)
- Bigger text and inverted colors for lyrics. Defined in theme.
- Skip path for radiohits templates in 'Music-source overview'
- Bugfix: Improved amazon.com albumart detection.
Version 2.4.2 (9.Feb 2012)
- Bugfix: Deactivate equalizer when switching from Wing frontend to another. (thanks to 01micko)
- Bugfix: Settings for local storage of lyrics/album art are set to false in Wings frontend.
- Bugfix: Playicon in playlist doesn't show if trackname contains [ or ].
- Bugfix: Export progress dialog closes if opening export window while exporting --> no way to cancel.
- Bugfix: Clear trackinfo from last track when starting radio-stream.
- Bugfix: Read equalizer values when starting Wings frontend.
- Bugfix: Move progress-slider starts new trackinfo check.
- Bugfix: Do not show default album-art (info-icon) if new artwork is stored locally.
- Bugfix: Jump to time in a jamendo track leads to error msg
- NLS: Changed: LOC648
Version 2.4.1 (6.Feb 2012)
- Bugfix: Correct saving of album art to defined local storage.
- Bugfix: If start writing in tag-entry --> stop trackinfo searching (avoid refresh of entry widget)
- Bugfix: Read speaker level at startup fails if more channels contains the same name.
- Bugfix: Terminal output at startup. (thanks to )
- Bugfix: Webmusic top100: Splash won't hide if no internet connection.
- Bugfix: Lyrics saves another copy if capitals changes in meta-tags.
- Bugfix: Detection of lyrics was case sensitive.
Version 2.4.0 (1.Feb 2012)
- Save/load lyrics and album art to local storage (optional).
. . . Gui can auto-refresh when playing new track.
. . . Dynamic trackinfo integrated in Wings frontend.
. . . Static trackinfo (for chosen track only) via right-click menu in playlist.
. . . Manager frontend (default) will refresh if showing external trackinfo-window of playing track.
. . . Use icons to show id3tag-status instead of background color. More flexible and refreshable in xml-code.
. . . Message when lyrics/musicbrainz fails because of missing meta-info.
. . . Refresh button to update Lyrics, Albumart, ... based on edited meta-info.
. . . Albumart grabber is no searching amazon.com by default.
. . . . . . freecover.com has been down for too long.
. . . . . . Offers larger images.
. . . . . . Albumart.org is still the second choice if amazon.com fails.
- Rewritten code to update gui on external calls - not user interactions.
. . . This was required to show dynamic trackinfo.
. . . Faster browsing using internal browser.
. . . New parameter -U to force alternative update inteval of progress slider +++.
. . . Slightly reduced cpu-usage.
. . . Widget <progressbar> is gone.
- Cleanup in running PIDs.
- Much faster startup (not at first run when initializing new frontend).
. . . Do not build xml-code if it the same as last time.
. . . Introduced optional .pre files for each frontend to overide default settings
- Improve the albumart grabber from albumart.org to download a bigger image
- Settings in rc-file does not need to be in preferences window only.
. . . Split rc file in different sections.
. . . Lyrics and albumart storage options stores directly from trackinfo window.
- Bold text in statusbar. (By updating the default theme).
- Classic frontend is removed.
- Reorganized the bookmark manager window.
- Hot-key (ctrl+J) for 'jump to time'. Handy in LowPowered mode wih no slider.
- Added a blank.png for misc use.
. . . Use blank.png in $APPDIR as gtk-missing-icon. Define in gtkrc.
- Added 'diff' to dependency check.
- New parameter -T to overwrite defined theme.
- First run info.
. . . I want music.
. . . My system is low powered.
- Use pmusic icon as window-icon. (thanks to Geoffrey)
- Bugfix: Some terminal output.
- Bugfix: Preferences denied showing up if no audio-editor or browser app was set.
- Bugfix: Switch back to theme-albumart if connection to web fails.
- Bugfix: Play-icon in playlist doesn't show when first track autostarts.
- Bugfix: Get rid of empty lines in the RadioHits menu / Overview.
- Bugfix: Bookmark sourcelist gives blank bookmark-fields by default.
- Bugfix: Pmusic failed to startup if a playlist name was cleared.
- Bugfix: Hoovers at first run only if connected to internet. (thanks to linuxcbon)
- Bugfix: Icon in ok-box heading <window>.
- Bugfix: Eject CD-audio disc while playing didn't stop aplay.
- Bugfix: Pmusic froze when loading CD, and cdda2wav -cdd1=1 troubles with connecting to internet db.
- Bugfix: Dependency check fails for ffmpeg when compiled from git. (thanks to pemasu)
- Bugfix: Unstable gtk troubled in Manager to select sliders because of hidden <timer> height=1.
- Bugfix: Change frontend from menu at first run.
- NLS: Added: LOC_LOADING, SAVE, 208, 672, 673, 674, 900, 901, 902, 903
- NLS: Changed: LOC648, 649, 650, 659, 680, 681, 682, 691, 692, 761, 810, 843
- NLS: Removed: LOC131, 653, 665
Version 2.3.0 (26.Dec 2011)
- Support of streamripper (optional).
. . . Trustful playback of mp3/ogg radio-streams.
. . . Show metainfo (for playing track) for radio stream.
. . . New Radio-Hits module to grab tracks from radio-streams.
. . . . . . Store tracks on local disc.
. . . . . . Fully integarted with Pmusic infrastructure.
. . . . . . Includes tested presets to build music-DB of chosen genre.
- Switch to Mananger as default frontend.
- Rewritten 'Search-filter selector' in the main window.
- Improved radio-station-db to include about 11000 stations.
- New Radio frontend.
- New Manager_LowPowered frontend for older systems.
- Edit audio-stream (right-click menu) and store meta-info.
- Added support of *.mpc files. (thanks to playdayz)
- Allow only one playing track (stop previous) using -B switch.
- Allow artwork in Manager to be wider than square.
- Moved all menuitems for setting up music sources from File to Music-Sources.
- Show active frontend in View-menu.
- Reorganized preferences window.
- Export: Option to build playlist of exported tracks.
- Export gui has got a minor cleanup.
- Added streamripper (split radio into tracks) option to export.
- Number of multiple playlists are increased to 9.
- 'Search while typing' as option in preferences (default off).
- Option to set external programs in preferences.
- Search Webmusic is off by default - no index gives slower search. Turned on when index is installed.
- Youtube as possible new WebMusic source (requires the movgrab executable). No export support.
- A bit darker button-icons in the default theme.
- Click 'Rating' / 'Recent' in overview now shows dbs.
- Updated Webmusic (jamendo) index.
- Bugfix: Show levels for vol/bal at startup when not using Classic frontend.
- Bugfix: Don't show open-menuitem when not running Classic frontend.
- Bugfix: Don't show cursor in info-fields in the track-info window.
- Bugfix: Do not allow more than one detected langauge. (thanks to shinobar)
- Bugfix: Remove track from playlist via right-click menu
- Bugfix: Search with pfilesearch (even if off) if no indexes is built.
- Bugfix: track info spins too long for some radio URLs.
- Bugfix: Reading ID3 info containg ':'
- Bugfix: Searching jamendo.com (no index file) froze Pmusic if no connection.
- Bugfix: Close Radio-index window after finished building new db.
- Bugfix: Play icon in playlist don't show if song is twice in list.
- Bugfix: Show streaminfo for radio-stations that contains non-english chars.
- NLS: Added: LOC_AUDIOEDITOR, EXPORT, MOREINFO, PRESET, SETUP, WEBBROWSER, 139, 229, 263, 287, 288, 2911, 2912, 2913, 751, 752, 753, 760, 761, 762, 763, 764, 770, 771, 810, 846, 849
- NLS: Changed: LOC222, 267, 290, 292, 298, 490, 631, 636, 725
- NLS: Removed: LOC104, 106, 107, 109, 1010, 114, 263, 494
Version 2.2.2 (16.Nov 2011)
- NowPlaying preset (thanks to DaveS).
- Presets are available from View-menu.
- Save playlist: Show only m3u-files in filechooser dialog.
- Save playlist: Go to correct dir in filechooser dialog.
- Show filesize in Track-info --> Stream tab.
- Set rating via right-click-menu
- Remove shortcuts to rating/recent (in preferences) in Overview.
- pmusic --dump-gtk
- Pmusic -D in Menu->Help->Dependency check.
- Bumped requested pfilesearch to latest 1.28
- Removed mass-tagging option in Track-info dialog.
- Bugfix: Add playlist with non-existing files and no length-definition.
- Bugfix: Choose file in save-dialog.
- Bugfix: The WebMusic menu grows (doubles all items) when swithing Preset.
- Bugfix: Track-info dialog: Keep the word 'Genre' at right when scaling the window.
- Bugfix: Deactivate CD-menuitem in Music-source menu if no device is present.
- Bugfix: Importing stream from Streamtuner shows meta-header as a unique track.
- Bugfix: Wary: Classic preset: search filter needs more space.
- NLS: Added: LOC_SIZE, 180, 181, 195
- NLS: Removed: LOC658
Version 2.2.1 (3.Nov 2011)
- Bugfix: Index music from a symlink dir (thanks to DaveS)
- Bugfix: Index with meta-tags doesn't work (thanks to DaveS)
- Bugfix: terminal output shows detected browser at startup (thanks to broomdodger)
- Bugfix: Track-info goes to albumart tab if no internet connection.
- Bugfix: Album art doesn't update when no internet connection.
- Bugfix: The playlist are not saved when starting pmusic_CD and Pmusic is open.
Version 2.2.0 (30.Oct 2011)
- Full integration of Jamendo.com via the webmusic module.
. . . INPUT: 238000 tracks available directly from server or even better via index-file (download or build).
. . . TREAT: Search, browse, full track-info support with lyrics and album art, ...
. . . OUTPUT: Export music to local files to your preferred format.
- Improved search.
. . . Search for files is supported via pfilesearch 1.27.
. . . Define search-filters from search-field or preferences.
. . . One-click install of radio index.
. . . Seperated radio into tags/country.
. . . updated index.
- Bookmarks-dialog should now be less awkward.
. . . One click (OK-button or press enter) to save given bookmark.
. . . Gui cleanup.
. . . Open with no default bookmark when starts from File>Bookmark manager.
- 'Rating' has replaced 'Most played'.
. . . increase value when song is played (finished).
. . . decrease value when skip.
. . . Show points in Music-sources.
. . . Edit Rating points in track-info window
- Optimized the add function for faster adding to playlist.
- Faster lyrics detection. Lyricwiki.org performs best and is default.
- 'Index' has been renamed to 'My Music'
- Faster detection of BROWSER at startup.
- Preferences button in CD preset --> show only playback tab. (thanks to playdayz)
- Rewritten Mananger preset.
- Updated Classic and Wings preset.
- Option: Load meta-tags for the first X number of tracks in sourcelist (default is 50).
- Removed buttons to clear history of recent/rating index. It is still editable.
- Bugfix: 'Add all' / 'Add random' still uses 59:59 for streams.
- Bugfix: Remove headings and empty lines in sourcelist when sort.
- Bugfix: Don't use resources to try reading meta info of collections and streams after search.
- Bugfix: Remove temporary files when Pmusic quits.
- Bugfix: Pmusic -D doesn't detect gtkdialog-0.8 correct. (thanks to broomdodger)
- Bugfix: Use m3u length for http-streams if defined.
- Bugfix: Show no result if search for empty string (blank searchfield).
- Bugfix: Save m3u (without paths) containg URLs.
- Bugfix: button to select default browser dir in preferences.
- Bugfix: Multiple playtlists doesn't save correct (thanks to broomdodger)
- Bugfix: Pref button in podcast manager.
- Bugfix: mass-tagging: setting Genre doesn't work.
- NLS: Added: LOC_ADVANCED, APPLY, BROWSE, COUNTRY, INSTALL, SEARCH, 228, 495, 635, 636, 637, 811, 812, 845
- NLS: Changed: LOC104, 223, 226, 237, 238, 301, 318, 406, 407, 490, 491, 493, 630, 631
- NLS: Removed: LOC269, 276, 463, 809, 810
Version 2.1.9 (13.Oct 2011)
- Bugfix: Play audiofiles shorter than 2 sec.
Version 2.1.8 (5.Oct 2011)
- Bugfix: Show correct length-syntax for CD-audio tracks over 10 mins. (thanks to playdayz)
- Bugfix: CD-audio only: Comma in album-name wouldn't show lyrics or album info in track-info window. (thanks to playdayz)
Version 2.1.7 (5.Oct 2011)
- New pic in Default theme for radio-stream.
- Decreased spacing in right-click menu.
- Minor improvements in Classic preset.
- Show genre-list for metatags alhabetically.
- Show name of file in Export progress.
- Simplified the setup of preferred souncard. (thanks to playdayz)
- Rempoved the BOUND_ALSA option.
- Moved settings from 'General' to 'Playback. in preferences.
- Do not stop playing when starting Burn process.
- NLS: Changed: LOC802
- NLS: Removed: LOC809, 810
Version 2.1.6 (1.Oct 2011)
- Faster startup (thanks to thunor)
- Removed splash at startup for Wings/Manager presets.
- Reworked CD-player preset.
- Improved progress during export (thanks to don570)
- Bugfix: Choose folder in export-window. (thanks to don570)
- Bugfix: Read-cd-button in CD-player preset.
- Bugfix: Don't stop music when entering export-window from CD-player preset.
- Bugfix: Calculate Playlist length when play CD from File menu.
Version 2.1.5 (28.Sept 2011)
- Further shrinking of Default theme.
- Unique icon instead of album_art when playing radio stream.
- Bugfix: Play CD-audio from File-menu. (thanks to don570)
Version 2.1.4 (25.Sept 2011)
- Bugfix: Wings preset failed if pequalizer missed. (thanks to pemasu)
Version 2.1.3 (24.Sept 2011)
- Bugfix: Ensure <progresssbar> is smaller than gui to avoid window-size-bump.
Version 2.1.2 (24.Sept 2011)
- Radio streams do not show any length in playlist.
- Radio streams progress time shows in statusbar.
- Refined output in statusbar.
- Moved Metaload progressbar to bottom of Music source window (Classic mode).
- Bugfix: Add track after playing track.
- Bugfix: Do not include radio streams in playlist length calculation.
- Bugfix: No pause when dragging progress-slider for playing radio stream.
- Bugfix: Remove option to run without theme.
- Bugfix: Sort files after loaded metainfo in filebrowser.
- Bugfix: Metaload progressbar position conflicts with table widget.
- NLS: Removed: LOC277
Version 2.1.1 (22.Sept 2011)
- Bugfix: Bookmarking
- Bugfix: Export
Version 2.1.0 (21.Sept 2011)
- Mark playing track in playlist
- Statusbar with playist / track information
- Removed menuitem 'Playlist length'. Now in statusbar.
- Removed menuitem 'Show remaining time'. Now in statusbar.
- New gui presets.
- Managing of loop/shuffle is managed by 1 button instead of 2 togglebuttons.
- Managing of add-mode is managed by 1 button instead of 2 radiobuttons.
- Removed Stop-button.
- Shrinked default theme.
- No spacing between navigation buttons.
- Facelift in About window.
- Removed Vertical preset.
- Updated Theme specification to include icons for add-modes and no-loop.
- Reduced cpu-usage for loading meta-information in music-source window. Increased sleep value in <progressbar>.
- Less ambitious sorting after loading metainfo. Now sort by Title.
- Bugfix: play/pause icon when start track by moving slider.
- Bugfix: Message (searching for Track nr) in trackinfo window remains if previous removed by a space.
- Bugfix: Mass tagging failed on some systems (Slacko)
- Bugfix: Show full trackinfo window at first run (with no active track defined).
- NLS: Added: LOC413, 414
- NLS: Removed LOC158, 159, 228, 229, 407, 408, 520
Version 2.0.2 (12.Sept 2011)
- Message when downloading FAQ from web.
- Hotkey (F1) for help.
- Minor updates in FAQ.
- Bugfix: Deactivate equalizer when Pmusic quits. (thanks to 01micko)
- Bugfix: Press play button --> Icon doesn't change to pause.
- NLS: Added LOC527
Version 2.0.1 (2.Sept 2011)
- Icons in menu for play/stop/next/previous.
- Replaced togglebuttons for loop/shuffle in .CD preset.
- Removed the dialog 'soundcard is not available' - info in progressbar.
- Bugfix: Ensure to use stock-icons. (thanks to thunor)
- Bugfix: Open m3u when item doesn't exist.
- Bugfix: Add after playing failed in many occasions.
- Bugfix: Dialog shows up if user 'works' too much with the progress progress.
- NLS: Changed: LOC205, 810
- NLS: Removed: LOC206
Version 2.0.0 (26.Aug 2011)
- Backend dependencies is bumped to ffmpeg-0.8 and gktdialog-0.7.21
- Full support of the m3u playlist format. (Extended info - save/load)
- Jump in track-time by moving progressbar/slider. (thanks to thunor for his work with gtkdialog)
- Equalizer supported via alsaequal/pEqualizer. (thanks to 01micko)
- Album art:
. . . Show album art while playing. (thanks to thunor for his work with gtkdialog)
. . . Fullsize in trackinfo window.
. . . (de)activate album art in preferences.
. . . Improved and simplified the radio manager gui.
. . . Radio index now includes more radio-stations.
. . . Remove mikesradioworld.com as source for radio index.
. . . Alternative downloadable index from www.
. . . Allow to cancel index_building.
. . . Mixer-modul is rewritten to use sliders. (thanks to thunor for his work with gtkdialog)
. . . Balance slider instead of setting left/right channel (Pmusic 1).
. . . Removed toolbar button for mixer.
. . . Pmusic signals (-s) now handles balance as well.
- Hotkeys - see menus for key combinations.
- Graphical themes:
. . . New standard to meet new look and features.
. . . Faster (and simpler) handling of gtk options in themerc.
. . . Builtin 'Default' theme to match new gui modules.
. . . Updated 'Nad' Theme.
- Search function now split result into groups.
- Reorganized track-info window.
- Play-button toggles play/pause icon if present in theme.
. . . Show active playlist in Playlist-menu.
. . . Choose active playlist from hotkeys (CTRL+1/2/3/4)
. . . Mid-mouse
Last edited by zigbert on Mon 18 Mar 2013, 03:56; edited 98 times in total
Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Location: Valåmoen, Norway
|Posted: Thu 10 Jul 2008, 17:51 Post subject:
If you fix a dynamic pixmap widget in gtkdialog, who knows what this dog are able to create
|HairyWill wrote: |
|video player next , will it do fullscreen |
Joined: 28 Nov 2005
Location: Maine, USA
|Posted: Thu 10 Jul 2008, 21:06 Post subject:
zigbert is "The Man"!!!!!!!!!
(Closely related to Clapton is God)
Asus eeepc 1005HA PU1X-BK
Frugal install:Puppeee4.31 + 1.0, Puppy4.10 + Lupu52
Currently using Puppeee-1.0 AND lupu52 w/ fluxbox
Joined: 10 Aug 2007
|Posted: Thu 10 Jul 2008, 22:34 Post subject:
Takk skal du ha Zigbert!
this is a really great start. I like the features, and mostly it seemed to work ok for me.
BUG: when in the add songs dialog, X windows (JWM) froze both times. I could still ctrl+alt+backspace to drop into the command line and restart x.
I also thought it might be interesting to compare some performance stats. My machine is a Fujitsu Lifebook B2131, 400 MHz, 192 MB ram.
Pmusic: ffmpeg, aplay and gtk3dialog take 21% ram & 17% cpu
Gxine: takes 83% mem & 30% cpu (with visualization OFF!!)
So, it looks like Pmusic will be a real winner on my dated hardware, as soon as some bugs have been worked out..
Just out of curiosity I thought I should try with DSL too..
xmms: 0-1% cpu, 3.4% mem
He he, I already knew at some level that DSL is what I boot when I need every last ounce of cpu power for processing rather than eye candy
Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Location: Castelnaudary, south France, World Capital of Cassoulet
|Posted: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 02:07 Post subject:
Just to report a bug,
I installed Pmusic and called it from the multimedia menu entry, started OK
I took File, open song/playlist.
I chose the song I wanted and pressed the add button
At this point the system locked up. Mouse still moved but I could not click anything. I did a ctrl/alt/backspace to exit X and restart X
On reopening Pmusic, the song I had chosen was in the playlist. Now doing the same operation it works!
Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Location: Castelnaudary, south France, World Capital of Cassoulet
|Posted: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 02:08 Post subject:
Zigbert, I've been playing with Pmusic and I'm liking it.
A suggestion, could you get it to open complete directories?
Unlike you, I do store my music by Artist/Album/song directories and it is great to be able to select the album and all songs are added to the playlist and start playing. Xine-UI has this feature but Gxine doesn't.
Joined: 06 Oct 2007
|Posted: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 07:10 Post subject:
Subject description: testing
Pmusic working OK in puppy 4, there is slight pause when i opened
mtpaint for taking screenshot. i hope it will be further improved with some more testing.
|| 360.57 KB
|| 7715 Time(s)
Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Location: Valåmoen, Norway
|Posted: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 07:25 Post subject:
Thanks for the link to lamip, but I will try first to see if we can succeed with ffmpeg | aplay, since these already are in puppy.
Index time: Without tags my 18000 songs are indexed in seconds, with tags, I don't know - many hours I guess.
Takk for cpu-test.
Good to know that Pmusic aren't too hungry for resources.
Does it freeze every time? I can't reproduce it, so please test more and give as much details as possible. Your wish about indexing directories should be possible, but not with the current Pmusic-environment. I put it on the wish-list, but remember, that you can still use the 'open' dialog and add songs to playlist. Maybe the solution is to enhance this dialog rather than the add-dialog. Another solution could be to make a builtin browser (like the one in Pburn) in the add-dialog.
I guess the pause could be avoided with some kind of buffer, or to give ffmpeg higher priority.
Joined: 05 May 2007
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia
|Posted: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 08:20 Post subject:
Looks like a start to a beautiful friendship Excellent starting point and if I know you, Which personally I don't lol But what I've seen of your track record you'll turn this into a default player for puppy
I also listen to a lot of Mp3's, What Features I like the most are
well with xmms I always use stream tuner, I really like listening to online radio. News, Music, from back home in Canada, So it would be great if future models might be able to play streaming music with a Favorite station list.
Also simple stuff like eq range from 15hz-40khz or ,maybe just a treble, midrange, and low control? Balance and volume equalizer. jeese while I'm at it why not included a online video stream player also to play asx files I guess maybe by version 1.5 or something
LOL sorry I couldn't resist, I'm very happy to see this project happen.
p.s how's that new front end for prozilla coming along LOL I know its on a list, just seen a spot open. LOL
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group