The time now is Tue 23 Sep 2014, 06:38
All times are UTC - 4
Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Location: Valåmoen, Norway
|Posted: Thu 10 Jul 2008, 11:45 Post subject:
Subject description: 7. Sep 2014
pMusic -Player -Manager -Grabber
"pMusic offers all the goodies you should expect of an audioplayer of 100kb"
- Supports playback of a wide range of file-formats and audio-streams
- Supports metatags of many common formats
- Auto-indexing your music for speedy search and track-info
- Favorites, Rating and Bookmark systems for simpler management of your music
- Radio-station database categorized in genre and country
- Grab tracks all automated from chosen radio-stations
- Play music from the web. Full support of jamendo.com
- Playback (and ripping) of audio-CD
- Manage Podcasts
- Advanced search engine to manage several huge music sources
- Mixer with volume/balance and equalizer
- Sound filters (ie. normalize) to playback and exported audio-files
- Gui-modular - Choose your preferred outfit (or use only backend)
- Burn/Copy/Convert files along with ordinary file management
- Track/Artist information using musicbrainz db
- Album art
- Graphical themes
- Language support
- Extremely newbie-friendly
- Smallest there is ... and very few dependencies
D O W N L O A D
D E P E N D E N C I E S
- gtkdialog (>= 0.8.4 r512 ) - look here
- bash + core-utils
- ffmpeg (whatever version will work ok, but
stream info requires >= 0.8
embedded album-art requires >= 0.11
normalize requires >= 1.1
soundfilter plugins require >= 1.2)
- streamripper - extended radio-rip/play
- cdda2wav - for playing/ripping CD-audio
- wget - for web connection
- pSchedule (>= 1.1.2) - for sheduling podcasts
- pBurn - for burning audio-CD
- pFilesearch (>= 1.28 ) - for searching files
- pEqualizer (>= 0.9.0 )
- timidity - for playing midi
- libcddb - for extended CD-audio support
M I S C
- Avoid \ " | in filename.
- Rename file with ` in name doesn't update playlist item.
The default player within Precise Puppy is pMusic. Before I say whether it can play MP3s or not I just want to say "WOW".
Last edited by zigbert on Sun 07 Sep 2014, 02:58; edited 362 times in total
Joined: 10 Jun 2005
|Posted: Thu 10 Jul 2008, 12:03 Post subject:
Re: Pmusic 0.1-TR
Congratulations zigbert, very nice.
|zigbert wrote: |
|With Puppy 4 we lost gtk1, and it gave just one more reason to get rid of Xmms. |
I totally agree. Installing the GTK1 libraries in Puppy4 just to use XMMS is ugly.
|zigbert wrote: |
|... I couldn't find I small cli-player that supported a variety of formats. |
Try lamip -
Joined: 26 May 2006
Location: Southampton, UK
|Posted: Thu 10 Jul 2008, 12:35 Post subject:
I'm amazed (I suppose I shouldn't be, you must be the world authority on gtkdialog by now).
The first time I opened the dialog to index my music the index window kept closing and then reopening.
Looks like you've made a feature of the broken window manager close request. The player can run in the background and when you restart the gui it attaches to the running player automatically, nice. It is a good demonstration of separation of the GUI from the processes. I think I will copy this in psip if I can get past the problems with pjsua.
video player next , will it do fullscreen
contribute: community website, screenshots, puplets, wiki, rss
Joined: 15 Oct 2007
|Posted: Thu 10 Jul 2008, 16:50 Post subject:
as mentioned before, now first tests. system homebrew based on dingo on notebook.
by starting from console i get:
cat: /root/.pmusic/tmp/pmusic-PLAYLIST1234: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/root/.pmusic/tmp/pmusic-playlist1': No such file or directory
/usr/local/pmusic/func: line 794: kill: (26441) - No such process
cat: /root/.pmusic/tmp/pmusic-playlist: No such file or directory
cat: /root/.pmusic/tmp/pmusic-progressbar_status: No such file or directory
last one goes into a neverending loop. but pmusic starts.
i than wanted to add a small library fo testing. i think the ways are:
1. File > Update Index
2. Edit > Add Music to Playlist > Update Index
if i do one of those, the new window is opening in endless number until i kill xwin.
so unluckily i could not test further.
but nice and clean gui.
with how much songs did you test it (with/without reading tags)?
PUPPY SEARCH: http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html
Joined: 03 Jul 2008
Location: Kane, IL USA
|Posted: Thu 10 Jul 2008, 16:53 Post subject:
so, this is still in testing phase, correct? I think I'll wait if there are any problems. Looks good, though!!
Joined: 04 Dec 2005
|Posted: Thu 10 Jul 2008, 17:21 Post subject:
What thoughtful and determined work on your part. I am sure the users here will let you know where fixes are needed and your finished product will reflect well on yourself and be another gem for the Puppy Linux community.
Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Location: Valåmoen, Norway
|Posted: Thu 10 Jul 2008, 17:48 Post subject:
Version 4.4.1 (7.Sep 2014)
- Bugfix: Trackinfo: Albumlist: Doubleclick to add track to playqueue.
- Bugfix: Add searched albumart to playqueue via right-click menu when Capitals differs from jpg to pmu.
- Bugfix: Trackinfo does quick indexing even if user choose to skip this in main gui.
Version 4.4.0 (4.Sep 2014)
- Optional installation of new music files to DB (to nooby - rip).
. . . .- show quest in main gui if user want to install music from source.
. . . .- remove auto-loading of fresh music into DB.
. . . .- still updates db on first run.
. . . .- still adds played tracks to db.
- Improved packaging.
. . . .- Alternative non-puppy packages for frontends/plugins/themes.
. . . .- Mirror all packages at 01micko.com (thanks to 01mick0)
. . . .- Setup alternative FTP-server (01micko.com)
. . . . . . . .- Quick install of radio index.
. . . . . . . .- Quick install of jamendo index.
. . . . . . . .- Show FAQ.
- Update radio/webmusic indexes.
- Bugfix: installing a more recent radio/webmusic index doesn't overwrite the existing.
- Bugfix: New adress to jamendo db-dump file. pMusic fails to 'manually' build index file.
Version 4.3,9 (18.Aug 2014)
Bugfix: Rip audio-CD that contains quotes in meta-info. (thanks to charlie6)
Version 4.3,8 (7.Jul 2014)
- Bugfix: Trackinfo: Allow others than 'jpg' as extension for albumart.
- Bugfix: Albumart-search: test if mid-click can offer a actual view of artwork before open new window.
Version 4.3,7 (29.Jun 2014)
- Bugfix: Playqueue corrupts if editing metatags of playing track and then moving slider.
- Bugfix: Playqueue corrupts if renaming playing track and moving slider or go to next track in list.
- Bugfix: Trackinfo: Albumart: Do not use '&' in searchstring for albumart.org
- Bugfix: Trackinfo: Search alternatives: search missed unique pid, and could give conflict in running several instances.
Version 4.3,6 (22.Jun 2014)
- Bugfix: *.pmd files shows up in both favorite lists and tracks after search.
- Bugfix: Add files inside folder doesn't keep sort order (thanks to dangfoo).
Version 4.3,5 (13.Jun 2014)
- Albumart.org has changed their search string. Now fixed.
- Add tooltip to smartadd - how many tracks should be added.
- My music index editor:
. . . .- Disable not editable items.
. . . .- Bugfix: Delete items in DB
- Bugfix: Favorites: Remove duplicate albumarts (case insensitive).
- Menuitem 'Export tracks' had wrong tooltip.
Version 4.3,4 (29.May 2014)
- Bugfix: Trackinfo: Album-list isn't blanked out if missing meta-info.
- Bugfix: Adds timestamp to db (rating) -->
. . . .- When moving progressbar
. . . .- Start another track from playqueue
. . . .- Press button to play next/previous track
- Bugfix: Playqueue is deleted after playing track if using playmode 'Stop after this track'.
Version 4.3,3 (25.May 2014)
- Faster 'New playqueue' - store history as background process.
- Bugfix: Playfix could get corrupted by play-next-function in func_player.
- Bugfix: Trackinfo: Albumlist got corrupted if list missed some tracks (not existing locally).
Version 4.3,2 (18.May 2014)
- Bugfix: func_config writes wrong value to pmusicrc (thanks to step).
- Bugfix: Check for autostart-plugins to run at boot fails if there are more than one.
- Bugfix: Remove terminal output at first run.
- Bugfix: Searchresult of webmusic (without a installed index) wouldn't add correct to playqueue.
- Bugfix: Show trackinfo of jamendo stream
Version 4.3,1 (16.May 2014)
- Sourcelist: Right-click menu
. . . .- Allow file management (delete / copy) on multiple selected files.
. . . .- Edit db entry.
. . . .- Render speedup.
- Album-art search: Right-click menu:
. . . .- Add to playqueue
. . . .- Edit album-art in image-editor
. . . .- Search content (left click)
- Define default image editor in preferences.
. . . .- Bugfix: Add stream to favorite list from playqueue.
. . . .- Bugfix: Keep correct alignment in playqueu when adding a stream from expanded list.
. . . .- Bugfix: Add stream to playqueue from right-click menu.
. . . .- Bugfix: Add multiple streams to playqueue in one click.
. . . .- Bugfix: Show trackinfo for jamendo streams.
. . . .- Add search-button in search-field.
. . . .- Allow background color of album-art search.
. . . .- Updated Gtk and Nad theme.
. . . .- Bugfix: missing icon for Search-dock in View menu.
- Updated Nad theme.
- Bugfix: Show path in searchfield when start browsing from MyMusic menu.
- Bugfix: 'Recent played' has unusual alignment.
- Bugfix: Add streams and files to playqueue in the same operation.
Version 4.3,0 (1.May 2014)
- Search Album-art and show result images in main gui.
. . . .- Click on pic to show content (album search result) in sourcelist.
. . . .- Turn On/Off in the search dock.
. . . .- Right-click menu.
. . . . . . . .- View album-art.
. . . . . . . .- Delete album-art image file.
. . . . . . . .- Set height/number of album-art row.
. . . .- Integrated with undo/redo.
. . . .- Works in overview-mode to show albums of the most played tracks.
. . . .- Option to browse files/dirs (also recursively) and add them to action list.
. . . .- Statusbar shows how many added files.
. . . .- Refresh playlist and Now_playing when saving tags.
. . . .- Album
. . . . . . . .- Send to masstagger includes tag-info.
. . . . . . . .- Disable not valid options in right-click menu.
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: Add a non-found track from list gives a empty item in playlist
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: 'Edit album list' didn't show up in right-click-menu.
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: Accept global options (tag/edit) for list as long as it is not a CD.
. . . .- Lyrics
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: Open lyrics in texteditor keeps pmusic theming.
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: Do not close Lyrics info if no lyrics is found.
- CD-audio: support use of libcddb (alternative).
. . . .- Improved and faster CD detection.
. . . .- Complete tagging (also year/genre) when ripping audio-CD.
. . . .- Show complete set of tags in Trackinfo.
. . . .- Show album and year in main gui for playing track.
. . . .- Album list in trackinfo is based on CD-tracks rather than content of db.
. . . .- Add track to playlist from CD-audio from Album list in Trackinfo window.
. . . .- Bugfix: Update trackinfo window at once when playing track.
. . . .- Remove Podcast sub-menu in Music Sources menu.
. . . .- Add Podcast storage directory to Favorites.
. . . .- Show Podcast storage directory in sourcelist when updating podcasts.
. . . .- Move Podcast setting from Preferences to Podcast setup.
. . . .- Grab pSchedule-icon from /usr/share/pixmaps/puppy/
. . . .- Bugfix: config button doesn't show correct tab in preferences.
. . . .- Bugfix: config button scales horizontaly.
. . . .- Show album/year info in main window for playing track.
. . . .- Bugfix: Remove previous lyrics if not find any match at jamendo.com
. . . .- Move 'Data storage' to bottom to always be visible.
. . . .- Remove Music-Sources tab:
. . . . . . . .- Hide option 'Search while typing.
. . . . . . . .- Move Podcast setting from Preferences to Podcast setup.
. . . . . . . .- Move File-browser dir to General tab.
. . . .- Rearranged pmusicrc into 'chapters'.
. . . .- Added 'Search album-art' options to rc file.
. . . .- Adding scale-handgrip to several guis.
. . . .- New icons for showing/hiding search/smartadd docks.
. . . .- Remove frame around statusbar.
. . . .- Updated default Gtk theme.
. . . .- Updated Nad theme.
. . . .- Bugfix: Remove a file inside an expanded album-list (pmu) in sourcelist removes the line instead of only removing file information.
. . . .- Bugfix: Send to Masstagger: Don't activate tracknumber if tracks are missing.
- Further optimizing of cpu-usage in func_progressbar.
- Updated radio index.
- Bugfix: Timestamp: Add timestamp without time definition [min:sec] should not be possible.
- Bugfix: Normalize: fails if track is silent first min. Solution: If normalize suggest more than 3 db after detecting the first min, run a full check.
- Bugfix: TopHits: Msg if no internet connection.
- Bugfix: Update interval in rc should also work for sourcelist and playing info in general.
- Bugfix: Playqueue right-click menu: Edit file in audio editor doesn't correct length in db/playqueue.
Version 4.2.8 (27.Feb 2014)
- 4.2.7 made dirs invisible when browsing
Version 4.2.7 (27.Feb 2014)
- Bugfix: Browse inside hidden directories (thanks to DrSunshine)
Version 4.2.6 (21.Feb 2014)
- Bugfix: Autoplay CD only if valid audio-CD (thanks to OscarTalks)
Version 4.2.5 (20.Feb 2014)
- Trackinfo: Albumart: Accept folder.jpg as local image-file.
- Bugfix: Masstagger can't import content of sourcelist if browsing.
- Bugfix: First run fails for CD-audio (thanks to OscarTalks)
Version 4.2.4 (25.Jan 2014)
- Add songs in dir from rigth-click menu.
- Bugfix: Snouldn't be possible to add separator lines from sourcelist to playlist.
Version 4.2.3 (22.Jan 2014)
- Bugfix: Poor file-locking could corrupt both db and playlist.
Version 4.2.2 (20.Jan 2014)
- Bugfix: Add stream via right-click menu in sourcelist. (thanks to sheldonisaac)
Version 4.2.1 (20.Jan 2014)
. . . .- Faster startup if clicking on track in file-browser at first run. (thanks to nooby)
. . . .- Bugfix: Click on track in file-browser for first run, plays 2 instances.
. . . .- Albumart: Option to not search for any albumart for given track.
. . . .- Album
. . . . . . . .- Faster scanning of existing tracks in album.
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: (Re)set track source in album-list.
. . . .- Metatags
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: Choose album from discography corrupts the db.
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: Don't refresh all trackinfo after chosen from discography.
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: Sourcelist corrupts if saving metainfo of a track in list via the Favorites button.
. . . .- Bugfix: Open window fails if no track is active (first run).
. . . .- Option if user wants to use info from cddb for cd-audio in preferences. (thanks to the one who mentioned this)
. . . .- Updated preferences for CD-frontend.
. . . .- Use icon from libstardust in .desktop file for CD-gui.
. . . .- Bugfix: CD-frontend: Splash on startup doesn't close if no cd-device exists.
- Sourcelist menu
. . . .- Bugfix: Syntax error in menu_sourcelist: que --> queue. (thanks to esmourguit)
. . . .- Bugfix: (Re)set track source in sourcelist.
. . . .- Bugfix: Rightclick menu: open in texteditor keeps pmusic-theme.
. . . .- Bugfix: Locales don't work in func_index. (thanks to esmourguit)
. . . .- Bugfix: Text in heading of the 'My music' window wraps. (thanks to esmourguit)
. . . .- Bugfix: Info in masstagger doesn't translate fully. (thanks to esmourguit)
. . . .- Bugfix: Installation of NLS package doesn't work. (thanks to charlie6)
- Add tracks to playlist
. . . .- Play added track if no tracks are already playing (or if empty playlist).
. . . .- Faster adding of several tracks from right-click menus (sourcelist and trackinfo albumlist).
- Updated the Sound-filter plugin.
- Include sound-filter plugin into pet
- Simplified svg-code.
- Bugfix: Open save-dialog creates file $HOME/test.
Version 4.2.0 (11.Nov 2013)
. . . .- Splash when loading trackinfo window.
. . . .- Faster updating of data in already loaded trackinfo-window.
. . . .- Album:
. . . . . . . .- Right-click-menu
. . . . . . . . . . . .- Add to playque.
. . . . . . . . . . . .- Edit albumlist in text-editor.
. . . . . . . . . . . .- Set track source.
. . . . . . . . . . . .- Export info to masstagger.
. . . . . . . .- Multiple selction and doubleclick
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: Press refresh-button should delete content of list at once to give a response.
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: Always clean up source-field from last track.
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: Don't try musicbrainz if connetion is false.
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: Doesn't work if missing connection to internet.
. . . .- Albumart:
. . . . . . . .- Delete now also optionally remove local image file.
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: Info-icon uses font (i), and is buggy if font is. Replaced with pure vector graphics.
. . . .- Metatags:
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: Info about missing metatags (red arrows) failed if no internet connection.
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: Check connection for 'Search alternative metatags'.
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: Add msg when searching alternative tags and no connection to web.
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: Save tags should update corresponding info in sourcelist.
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: Clear Artist/title tag removes info in db. Column 2 should be using filename.
. . . .- Add gain value (used by normalize) into stream info.
. . . .- Bugfix: 'Missing meta info' showed up in wrong column in Artist tab.
. . . .- Bugfix: Album list and album-art contains info for previous track if current track misses album tag
. . . .- Bugfix: Preferences stated 'Track info when browsing'. This is not true.
. . . .- Bugfix: Open the trackinfo window for playing track failed when the track starts playing/buffering.
. . . .- Bugfix: Clean up audio-format in stream info tab.
. . . .- Go back to single-click to play track. Doubleclick has been troblesome on my system.
. . . .- Right-click option for non-exsisting files: Fix corrupted file in db.
. . . .- Right-click option to edit the file containing Favorites Marks.
. . . .- Bugfix: Right-click menu: Fix pmu could corrupt 'Artist - Title' in pmu.
. . . .- Bugfix: Export only valid files when 'Send to masstagger'.
. . . .- Bugfix: Update sourcelist when renaming source file.
. . . .- Bugfix: Expand *.pmd when path is not found in db.
. . . .- Bugfix: Remove expanded favorite list when other lists are expanded too corrupts sourcelist.
. . . .- More accurate progressbar during tagging.
. . . .- Bugfix: Lock index file when updating db.
. . . .- Bugfix: Send to masstagger, and masstagger window is NOT already open.
. . . .- Bugfix: Clear tags removes info in db. Column 2 should be using filename.
- My music:
. . . .- Update info in pMusic storage when moving your collection to another location.
. . . . . . . .- Update content of 'Album/Favorite lists' added to MyMysic setup.
. . . . . . . .- Check/fix playlists when expanding and adding to playqueue.
. . . .- Editor:
. . . . . . . .- Search inside editor.
. . . . . . . .- Faster loading of gui and snapier in use.
. . . . . . . .- Don't add to playqueue from editor.
. . . .- Always open Setup with indexer tab by default.
. . . .- Bugfix: Use file-locking of db when renaming file and in func_progressbar.
. . . .- Bugfix: If file does not exist and is not moved, open the fix_db dialog.
. . . .- Bugfix: Cancel 'building db' failed when function run 'remove non-existing items'.
. . . .- Bugfix: Cancel 'building db' if user closes dialog via wm.
. . . .- Bugfix: Search alternative source for playing track failed for filename with '(some text)'.
. . . .- Bugfix: Update gui (trackinfo) when playing alternative source without length description.
. . . .- Bugfix: Playlist get corrupted when playing alternative source for a track with & in filename.
. . . .- Bugfix: Add a favorite list when path is no longer valid.
. . . .- Bugfix: Directory gets added when smartadd by sort order.
. . . .- Bugfix: Smartadd doesn't take min_rating when adding from db.
- Menu-item for 'Clear playqueue' and 'Show/hide docks' didn't use pmusic-spesific icon.
- Func_progressbar is now running with LC_ALL=C (no utf) for speed/resource usage.
- Show icon (audio_url) for radio stations when browsing genre/country.
- Use -m switch for pBurn - go straight to burn-options dialog (pBurn-4.3.0).
- Save playqueue as plain txt file - only path-list.
- 'Show location' in builtin browser if Rox is not present.
- New icon for playlist setup/repair.
- Use pSchedule-icon for button in podcast setup.
- Updated Nad theme (New icon for playlist setup/repair).
- Remove func-file Box_progress - not in use.
- FAQ: Can I get bigger font in the lyrics window?
- Bugfix: Use file-locking when writing to playqueue to prevent collapsing of que.
- Bugfix: Rename source file: if name in playlist is not meta-tags, name-column should be updated too.
- Bugfix: Playqueue corrupts when removing a track from queue when track exists more than once in queue.
- Bugfix: Use progress slider stops the audio playing.
Version 4.1.2 (23.Sep 2013)
- Play track from right-click menu.
- Bugfix: Delete a file in the builtin browser doesn't update sourcelist.
- Bugfix: Make doubleclicking in playqueue more sensitive.
- Bugfix: Use sleep (bash) instead of usleep (busybox). (thanks to pemasu)
- Bugfix: Delete (right-click-menu) item containing () doesn't update sourcelist.
- Bugfix: Update preset-list when deleting an radio-hits preset.
Version 4.1.1 (7.Aug 2013)
- Faster build of menu_sourcelist.
- Plugin: show play-engine command and output.
- Adjusted fontsize to fit 96 dpi.
- Removed /usr/local/pmusic/blank.png.
- Added copyright info in about-window.
- Removed some unused variables in pmusicrc.
- Nad5: insensitive checkboxes and adjusted fontsize.
- Bugfix: Top-Hits fails to run twice.
- Bugfix: Exit pMusic properly. (thanks to Billtoo)
- Bugfix: Menu_sourcelist: 'Show location' also for files.
Version 4.1.0 (23.Jul 2013)
- Run pMusic in a non-Puppy systems.
. . . .- Replaced 'ps' with 'ps -eo pid,command' to support full (non-busybox) ps command. (thanks to 01micko)
. . . .- Use 'type' instead of 'which' (thanks to 01micko)
. . . .- Add tracks from right-click menu in PlayQueue and sourcelist.
. . . .- Show selected files.
. . . .- Define alternative album-art image.
. . . .- Removed from PlayQueue and Music sources menu. Added to Tools menu.
. . . .- Bugfix: Masstagger fails if info-window has been opened: EXIT becomes null
- Play-engine is opened for sound filters (not realtime).
. . . .- Normalize all audio - activate in preferences.
. . . .- Transform exported tracks with activated sound filters.
. . . .- New Plugin: Poor mans equalizer - does not require extra dependencies (as pEqualizer).
. . . .- New Plugin: Basic sound filters.
- Indent content of expanded playlist.
- Most played: Move Options from menu to external window.
- Tools menu.
. . . .- Plugins are moved here.
. . . .- Masstagger are moved here.
. . . .- Rating field is now a spin-button.
. . . .- Bugfix: Don't add playlist when using smartadd.
- Remove version-check for ffmpeg when running a dependency check. all ffmpegs should work ok.
- Updated Nad theme: Sliders, tabs, insensitive buttons.
- Updated FAQ.
- Bugfix: dependency check: Yellow [MISSING] didn't show on white background. Changed to blue.
- Bugfix: Splash dialog shows wrong version of pMusic.
Version 4.0.1 (12.Jun 2013)
- Improved and fixed Tray app plugin. (thanks to 01micko)
- Updated Nad5.
- Removed terminal outputs on first run. (if not using the --debug attribute).
- Bugfix: Playback of cd-audio. (thanks to 01micko)
- Bugfix: Trackinfo/albumart doesn't update if track misses meta tags. (Thanks to R-S-H)
- Bugfix: Flip icon icon_source_manual.svg
Version 4.0.0 (8.Jun 2013)
- Bump dependencies to gtkdialog-svn_512
. . . .- Right-click menu for Favorites/Music/File/Dir management.
. . . .- Multiple selection.
. . . .- Expand/collapse playlists by doubleclick.
. . . .- Icons for playlist and track (with rating indication).
. . . .- 'Repair playlist' is moved here from main menu.
- Favorites - New module.
. . . .- Replaces Bookmarks, Multiple playlists and Overview.
. . . .- Cooperates with the rating module.
. . . .- New internal playlist file-format (pmd) that contains info from db.
. . . .- Possible to group favorite playlists.
. . . .- Default favorite marks is $HOME and Jamendo Top100
- Moved from single-click to double-click for main actions.
- MyMusic DB
. . . .- Include DB-editor
. . . .- Remove menuitems tracks/collections from Music_sources menu
. . . .- Do not include files from /incomplete/ dir (streamripper).
. . . .- Use album column for pmu-albums (pmusic generated).
. . . .- Improve file locking to avoid db corruption.
. . . .- Save backup of db when doing a full indexing.
- Repair playlist / rebuild album.
. . . .- Moved from main menu to right-click menu in sourcelist
. . . .- Auto-repair when adding tracks from playlists. Searching db for similar info.
. . . .- New dialog to manually set missing source. Right-click in sourcelist or trackinfo - albumtab.
. . . .- Right-click menu to browse and add to favorites.
. . . .- Remove sub-menu in main gui.
. . . .- Add radiohits dir to favorites when preset is saved.
. . . .- Show icons.
. . . .- Do only search symlinks for directories.
. . . .- Expand/collapse playlists.
. . . .- Bugfix: Add a track from a dir NOT in db should update db with all tracks in dir.
. . . .- Separate collections into My Playlists and pMusic albums.
. . . .- Tooltip-markup for search-field
. . . .- Default info-text (instead of $HOME) in search-field.
. . . .- If no 'collections' is found, skip heading(s).
. . . .- Right-click menu: Deactivate also icons for deactivated items.
. . . .- If source isn't found, search alternative source in db.
. . . .- Also provide icon to tracks rating.
. . . .- Rating filter.
. . . .- Set source.
- Dialog 'Db mismatch...'
. . . .- Bugfix: Move entire directory failed.
. . . .- Bugfix: Move entire directory could lead to double entries in db.
. . . .- Bugfix: Fix links in trackinfo album-tab.
. . . .- Bugfix: Lock db while updating.
. . . .- Allow https streams.
. . . .- Bugfix: Jamendo has moved URL and ffmpeg doesn't support the new https location. We pipe it through wget.
. . . .- Bugfix: Album: Update track-list is same artist but different album.
- Playmode has got its own menu.
- All builtin grapichs are now svg.
- Improved CD-audio detection.
- Updated FAQ.
. . . .- Explained rating model.
. . . .- Mostly removed not relevant stuff.
- Updated NAD theme.
- Updated Manager frontend with more accurate placement of volume slider.
- Removed function file box_progress --> not in use.
- Removed frame around now-playing svg in main gui.
- Updated info in about dialog.
- Top Hits plugin.
. . . .- Don't close window after building list.
. . . .- Include in pMusic pet.
. . . .- Option to add new list to favorites.
. . . .- Default date is set today.
- Bugfix: Add playlist externally: show filename default in save-dialog.
- Bugfix: Open pmu from Rox --> play/pause icon fails.
- Bugfix: import m3u list: Use current path if path is invalid
- Bugfix: Add m3u that contains link to non-existing file.
- Bugfix: Statusbar too narrow in Puppy Raring. (thanks to don570)
- Bugfix: Build DB with meta-tags if no mymusic db file doesn't already exist.
- Bugfix: Quick update of DB when adding tracks via a playlist file.
- Bugfix: missing gettext info in pmusic_cd. (thanks to robwoj44)
- Bugfix: open pMusic with all tracks in dir with command 'pmusic /dir' doesn't work (thanks to PaulR)
- Bugfix: About: Link to gtkdialog kept graphical theme of pMusic.
Version 3.3.0 (18.Mar 2013)
- Option (menuitem) to repair broken playlist.
- MyMusic database.
. . . .- If added file (to playlist) misses in db, run quick update.
. . . .- Add /initrd/mnt/dev_save to default MyMusic paths (MyMusic Setup).
. . . .- Check if MyMusic db exists on every startup. If no, quick update.
. . . .- Faster Read/write by avoiding utf-8 (LC_ALL=C)
. . . .- Faster searching by Squeezing grep of tracks and collections. Do the separation after.
. . . .- Faster searching by not using UTF-8 in search command.
. . . .- Reintroduce 'Search while typing' (optional - set in preferences). Default is off.
. . . .- If only one line in hits: add to playlist by pressing enter. This will only happen when 'Search while typing'.
. . . .- Faster and better albumart grabbing by using albumart.org as default grabber.
. . . .- Faster internet-connection-check by adding --max-redirect 0.
. . . .- Faster Trackinfo handling by avoiding utf-8 for backend (LC_ALL=C after gui(s) are loaded.)
. . . .- Bugfix: Saving 'Blues' as meta-genre if choosing from menu.
. . . .- Bugfix: Albumart.org grabber suggests artwork even if album-tag is empty (Torstein Flakne - Walkaway)
- Plugins now available directly from menu.
- Track menu is now 'Playback'.
. . . .- Mixer is moved here.
. . . .- Mixer has got menu icon.
- Splash screen.
. . . .- Allow wrapped text.
. . . .- Merged box_splash and box_splash_progress.
. . . .- Use splash-graphics in about-window.
- Save playlist: Error msg if not defined save-file.
- Change default playmode from loop to straight (no loop).
. . . .- Click on podcast in manager to show downloaded files in sourcelist.
. . . .- Bugfix: Show podcasts via Music-Sources menu.
- Bookmarks - simplified and improved.
. . . .- Add bookmark to playlist (or browse) by click on bookmark in external window.
. . . .- Quick bookmarking from playlist right-click menu.
. . . .- Removed 'Bookmark playing track' in Track menu. Bookmark manager does the same.
. . . .- Removed bookmarking of Music-source. Source history is better.
. . . .- (Re)moved menu Bookmarks to menuitem 'Bookmark Manager'.
. . . .- Place right-click menu on cursor-top-left instead of center.
. . . .- Bugfix: pMusic allows only one timestamp pr. file.
. . . .- Bugfix: Updating path in db should also update corresponding bookmarks
- Recent played: Show (www) and (CD) separate column.
. . . .- Expand sorting of grabbed tracks to include time as well as date.
. . . .- Bugfix: Use mtime instead of ctime when sorting grabbed tracks.
- Overview: Most played bottom line is now ...more to show complete list.
- Clean up terminal outputs at first run.
- Add m3u/pmu now also give the option to fix db if file does not exist (only exist in db).
- Add *.pmu to Rox mime db.
- Remove pMusic-raster-icon from pet - jwm 2.2 supports svg.
- Midi support.
. . . .- Length detection when adding to playlist.
. . . .- Export midi like any other supported file.
. . . .- Trackinfo works if filename is Artist - Title.
. . . .- Trackinfo stream-tab works.
. . . .- Integrated with MyMusic db.
. . . .- Check for timidity in dependency checker (pmusic -D).
. . . .- timidity info when running pmusic -f/-h.
. . . .- Bugfix: Browsing the WebMusic index.
. . . .- Update jamendo-index.
- Bugfix: Give pMusic executable an icon in Rox.
- Bugfix: Do not autoselect text on yes/no boxes.
- Bugfix: Play-icon doesn't show in playlist if playing track contains $ in name.
- Bugfix: Go forward/back in playlist history didn't clear name of active playlist.
- Bugfix: Fallback to english FAQ if local FAQ does not exist.
- Bugfix: 'pmusic /path/' (cli) failed to play content of directory.
- Bugfix: pMusic is very slow at startup if sourcelist is huge.
- Bugfix: Move progress slider several times gives playback error.
Version 3.2.3 (28.Feb 2013)
- Bugfix: Read correct balance values. (thanks to SFR)
- Bugfix: Read current volume/balance values before opening external mixer window.
Version 3.2.2 (28.Feb 2013)
- Bugfix: CD-player gui
Version 3.2.1 (20.Feb 2013)
- Bugfix: Balance slider. (thanks to 666philb)
- Bugfix: Several similar msg about mono-channel pops up when moving slider. (thanks to 01micko)
- Bugfix: Search fails if include ' in searchstring.
- Bugfix: Remove debugging gxmessage when deleting RadioHits preset.
- Bugfix: Jump_to_time stops progress bar.
- Bugfix: Searching for radio-stations, country-info is pointed to a too narrow tab.
- Bugfix: Clear active playlist when choosing 'New Playlist'.
- Bugfix: Graphical theme fails showing svg-header with ONLY_THIS_GTKTHEME=false in themerc.
Version 3.2.0 (17.Feb 2013)
- Basic support of libav (ffmpeg is still recommended)
- New mixer/eq window.
. . . .- Vol/balance together with equalizer.
. . . .- Volume / Balance slider works while sliding. (thanks to SFR)
. . . .- Reachable from either menu of button in main gui (also CD-frontend).
. . . .- Adjusting volume also unmutes sound.
. . . .- New icon.
. . . .- Remove balance icon.
. . . .- Msg if changing balance with a mono speaker channel.
. . . .- Bypass equalizer: Howto info.
- Album art.
. . . .- Albumart.org now suports bigger images (as for amazon.com).
. . . .- Save albumart locally also for hits in albumart.org.
. . . .- Bugfix: Avoid DVD's when searching amazon for album art.
. . . .- Bugfix: If local albumart file is removed - albumart-grabber returns 'not found' instead of going to amazon.
- Trackinfo: Improve detection of correct album tag.
- Preferences: Tooltip for sound card chooser adds info about bypassing eq.
- Updated LowPowered / Wings frontends.
- Remove Title - Artist info in window heading when stop playing
- Remove option to search while typing. pMusic has grown beyond this.
- Bugfix: Menu>Music sources>Radio-Hits lists each directories even if they are equal.
- Bugfix: tooltip-text for navigation buttons.
- Bugfix: Menu>Music Sources>Browse did not work
Version 3.1.6 (15.Feb 2013)
- Bugfix: Grab albumart from amazon.com
- Bugfix: Right-click menu gets wrong placement if reaching screen-right.
Version 3.1.5 (12.Feb 2013)
- Bugfix: OK-box won't show if containing extended text-string.
Version 3.1.4 (8.Feb 2013)
- Bugfix: Play next track in playlist fails if metainfo (artist/title) is changed for playing track.
- Bugfix: Kill pid of streamripper when deleting a radio-hits preset.
- Bugfix: Main icon doesn't look good on greyish backgrounds.
- Bugfix: Improve file locking (flock) code.
Version 3.1.3 (3.Feb 2013)
- Bugfix: Using flock (file locking) to avoid mymusic db corruption during update.
Version 3.1.2 (30.Jan 2013)
- Option to fix database if trying to add a not-found file.
- Opened support of midi playback for *.kar files.
- Possible to add additional widgets inside the svg-heading.
. . . .- Radio-Hits: gui is not too tall anymore - info in heading.
. . . .- Masstagger: Moved information to heading button
. . . .- Ok-box will place big icon in heading if present.
- Text in Ok-box and Yes/No-box is set selectable.
- Bugfix: Plugin: Reopen correct CD-audio gui if backgrounded with trayapp. (thanks to 01micko)
- Bugfix: Play midi works only if another track is already in playlist. (thanks to charlie6)
- Bugfix: No play-icon if playing filename contains `.
- Bugfix: Splashbox shows still 2012.
- Bugfix: Wrong albumart height in CD-audio frontend.
- Bugfix: Lyrics text field doesn't take color setting in gtkrc.
Version 3.1.1 (19.Jan 2013)
- Bugfix: Title in Now Playing mode (thanks to Billtoo)
- Bugfix: Filename can't contain ] (thanks to bark_bark_bark)
Version 3.1.0 (16.Jan 2013)
- Updated dependencies
. . . .- gtkdialog 0.8.3
. . . .- ffmpeg 0.11
. . . .- pschedule 1.1.2
. . . .- Presets for convertion.
. . . .- Disable bitrate/samlerate/channel options when choosing flac. (requires gtkdialog 0.8.3)
. . . .- Removed option to save exported files to m3u.
. . . .- Simplified gtkdialog code.
. . . .- Accept blank settings for channel/bitrate/samplerate.
- Add to playlist
. . . .- Option to Add all from the smartadd dock.
. . . .- Add non-existing file gives option to remove file from db.
. . . .- Bugfix: Add after playing always grabs the first instance of the song (in case of several).
. . . .- Bugfix: Msg: File does not exist: Bold text doesn't work if not valid utf-8 filename.
- Overview -> Most played -> now set to last 30 days instead of 60 (variable RATING_PERIODE in rc).
- Searchresult shows rating of all times instead of using variable RATING_PERIODE in rc.
. . . .- Simplified manager gui.
. . . .- New dialog to delete a pod.
. . . .- Bugfix: Show next run (human readable) in pSchedule.
- New playmode: None --> stop after playing song.
- Improved tooltips for playmode and addmode.
. . . .- Album-tag: Option to choose Album from discography.
. . . .- Support embedded image files (albumart) to audio file.
. . . . . . . .- Use as default albumart if exist.
. . . . . . . .- Write embedded image to audio file from albumart tab (save button).
. . . . . . . .- Added as refresh-albumart source.
. . . . . . . .- Also supported by masstagger.
. . . .- Don't reload trackinfo if corresponding info already exist
. . . . . . . .- ie. same album or when moving slider.
. . . . . . . .- This gives a marked reduction of cpu usage.
. . . .- Lyrics: #8217 is set to ' in lyricswiki converter
. . . .- Lyrics: Edit (button) not found lyrics, now makes an empty lyrics file.
. . . .- Message if searching alternativ tags and no web connection.
. . . .- Albumart: default size is set to 400px - click for full size.
. . . .- Save tags: blank tag-icons immediately to show action.
. . . .- By default, suggest an album tag from an album/single instead of various-artist-album.
. . . .- Bugfix: Tracknr-tag is now by default choosen depending on album - next searces for singles or compilations.
. . . .- Bugfix: No internet gave 2 messages when searching for alternative tags.
. . . .- Bugfix: If changing a Artist/Title tag before clicking 'Alternative tags' old tag-info are back after new tags are activated.
. . . .- Bugfix: Read stream info from ffmpeg 0.11 >
. . . .- Bugfix: Saving tags breaks album-pmu-detection.
- Rewritten Radiohits grabber.
. . . .- All streamrippers in one gui.
. . . .- Option to delete a preset.
. . . .- Advanced expander: Allow manual options to streamripper command.
. . . .- Advanced expander: Show streamripper command.
. . . .- Bugfix: Apply several RadioHits grabbers simultaniously could corrupt MyMusic index.
. . . .- Only supported gtkdialog executable is now 'gtkdialog'. (thanks to 01micko)
. . . .- Link to gtkdialog homepage in about dialog.
- Use bash as the interpreter for all scripts.
- Save (playlist)
. . . .- More logical auto-setting of 'save-path' in save dialog.
. . . .- Tooltip for option: Include path.
. . . .- Bugfix: Add more info (1.col of sourcelist) to mymusic index.
- Set 'all time' as default time-periode in most-played dialog.
- Update length-description in db after use of $AUDIO_EDITOR (MhWaveEdit).
. . . .- Handle embedded albumart.
. . . .- Bugfix: Clear tags.
. . . .- Bugfix: Set genre to Blues from drop-down menu.
. . . .- Icon in Tray app switches Play/Pause. (thanks to 01micko)
. . . .- Cleanup: Remove Trayapp setting in rc.
- Updated About information.
- Nad4: link to new addmode-icon.
- Bugfix: Make /tmp/ dir during install sticky. (thanks to 01micko)
- Bugfix: Moving progress slider halts playing. - Improved, but still not perfect.
- Bugfix: Click on playing track in playlists (replay) hides the play-icon.
Version 3.0.7 (25.Dec 2012)
- Bugfix: Detection of installed pMusic older than version 3.0.0 (thanks to L18L)
Version 3.0.6 (12.Dec 2012)
- Remove locales file
- Bugfix: Burn content of playlist (Playlist-menu).
Version 3.0.5 (1.Dec 2012)
- Bugfix: pMusic closes if gui troubles with utf-8 content
Version 3.0.4 (29.Nov 2012)
- Bugfix: Detection of gtkdialog executable.
Version 3.0.3 (27.Nov 2012)
- Add message to terminal if frontend fails to run.
- Bugfix: Allow gtkdialog executable to be a link rather than a file. Thanks to (Dromeno)
- Bugfix: Stop autoplayed music if frontend fails to run.
Version 3.0.2 (25.Nov 2012)
- Bugfix: Add track to playlist after search in external pfilesearch-window.
- Bugfix: Prefer executable gtkdialog5 over gtkdialog. (thanks to Dromeno)
Version 3.0.1 (24.Nov 2012)
- Avoid masstagger to steal focus while working.
- Bugfix: Remove lines with <<< to get momanager build pot files. (thanks to rodin.s)
- Bugfix: Masstagger stops if non-existing track exist in playlist.
- Bugfix: Name of multiple playlists corrupts at first run. (thanks to charlie6)
- Bugfix: Detect all translations available in preferences. (thanks to L18L)
- Bugfix: Set gettext variable TEXTDOMAIN in func_trackinfo (thanks to rodin.s)
- Bugfix: Play-icon in playlist don't move to playing track when shuffle is activated.
Version 3.0.0 (16.Nov 2012)
- Bump dependency to gtkdialog-0.8.2. (thanks to thunor)
- New dynamic index structure for local music (MyMusic).
. . . .- Track info are now being collected (and stored) during use.
. . . .- More track information
. . . . . . . .- Metatags and filepath
. . . . . . . .- Streaminfo - Fileformat, bitrate, length
. . . . . . . .- Links to lyrics and albumart.
. . . . . . . .- Rating and timestamps for each played song
. . . . . . . .- Disc-id and artist-id from musicbrainz.org
. . . .- Quick scan for music at first start (/root/ and /mnt/).
. . . .- index_all, index_alphabetic, index_playlists and index_rating are replaced by index_mymusic.
. . . .- Remove option 'Update only recent files'. This is now always true.
. . . .- Remove hot-key to MyMusic setup.
. . . .- MyMusic setup: Option to remove non-existing files from index.
. . . .- Masstagger updates db.
. . . .- Count indexed tracks in progressbar.
. . . .- Disable Index options during indexing MyMusic.
. . . .- Clean up temporary files after indexing.
. . . .- Bugfix: Indexing could run into infinite loop because 'find' follow symlinks. (thanks to rodin.s)
- Gui enhancements. (thanks to thunor).
. . . .- Moved Search-options into main gui from prefernces/external window.
. . . .- Sort from list-headers instead from menu/buttons.
. . . .- Show playing track in window title.
. . . .- Proper placement of right-click menu.
. . . .- Hide columns unimportant for user in sourcelist.
. . . .- Better alignment of albumart-thumb in main window.
. . . .- Tooltip text in playlist shows path to track
. . . .- Bugfix: More accurate update of state of play/pause button.
- More simplified usage.
. . . .- Restructured sourcelist when showing Overview.
. . . .- Simplified preferences.
. . . .- All meta-options are now combined to one single option.
. . . .- Pmusic will convert %20 and _ to space in playlist. No option.
. . . .- Tray-app is moved to the plugin department (until we get a noarch-alternative).
. . . .- Squeezed all tabs in Music-sources into one single tab.
. . . .- Set default text editor is added to preferences.
- Save Music-Source navigation history.
. . . .- Undo/Redo in Music-Source history.
. . . .- Open history index from menu.
. . . .- Include last 20 history entries into overview.
. . . .- Faster adding tracks to playlist.
. . . .- New playlist format (*.pmu).
. . . . . . . .- |03:24|Artist - Title|/path/file.mp3|$(date +%s%N) /path/file.mp3
. . . . . . . .- Column 5 is invisible and nr is used to keep the track unique in list.
. . . . . . . .- Column 1 is for play-icon
. . . .- Removed check to avoid same track 2 times in a row.
. . . .- Add tracks from Album-tab in trackinfo.
. . . .- Store album lists locally (optioinal) for improved performance.
. . . .- Right-click option in sourcelist to look into lists.
. . . .- Show collections before tracks in search-result.
. . . .- Option to search for collections ONLY.
. . . .- Bugfix: *.album files are generated twice if capitals in tagging differ.
. . . .- Bugfix: *.album files contains m3u files as well.
. . . .- Bugfix: *.album files contains other artists with same album name
- New rating (most played) engine (thanks to jamesbond and L18L)
. . . .- Show most played tracks last day/week/month.
. . . .- Show most played tracks in a given period.
. . . .- Sort by rating by clicking on sourcelist header.
. . . .- Moved rating-info from 'Misc' tab to 'Stream' tab in trackinfo.
. . . .- Set default rating periode in rc file (default 60 days)
- Option to set data storage (outside of pup_save). (thanks to mikeslr)
- Save dialog
. . . .- Save as *.pmu (for speed) or *.m3u (for compatibility)
. . . .- Remove bookmark option. MyMusic index is dynamically updated.
. . . .- Remember state of save-path checkbox
. . . .- Option to manually set filename in filechooser (-newfile attribute).
. . . .- Press Enter-key in entry-field activates Save-button
. . . .- Overwrite question is default 'Yes'.
. . . .- Faster and more accurate updating of trackinfo.
. . . .- Trackinfo of NON-playing song is now working as good (and fast) as for playing.
. . . .- Album-tab is searching for matching files. Click to add to playlist.
. . . .- Lyrics
. . . . . . . .- Search in specific lyrics server.
. . . . . . . .- Quick-search to www when URL is stored at first match.
. . . . . . . .- Edit lyrics
. . . . . . . .- Remove (...) from title when searching lyrics.
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: Neither azlyrics nor elyrics worked.
. . . .- Discophraphy
. . . . . . . .- Show disc-id from musicbrainz.
. . . . . . . .- Use tree widget to make columns sortable/clickable.
. . . . . . . .- By default, sort discophraphy in reveres order.
. . . .- Album art
. . . . . . . .- Use local pic as album art (*albumart*|*album_art*|*cover*.jpg|png). (thanks to 01micko)
. . . . . . . .- Refresh albumart with specific source.
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: skip (..) from search string.
. . . . . . . .- Bugfix: Make big album-arts scrollable to avoid huge window.
. . . .- Tags
. . . . . . . .- Comment tag in trackinfo
. . . . . . . .- Save meta-tags updates the playlist name-column.
. . . . . . . .- Removed help-button.
. . . . . . . .- Msg: Save/Clear tags are only possible for local files.
. . . .- Better aligment in stream-tab.
. . . .- Removed 'Misc' tab.
. . . .- Stabilized grabbing from musicbrainz.org --> not so sensitive for format changes.
. . . .- If trackinfo for playing track is turned OFF, msg in trackinfo window.
. . . .- Bugfix: Trackinfo window sometimes stop updating.
. . . .- Bugfix: No msg for missing internet connection in metainfo entries
. . . .- Bugfix: Trackinfo failed if musicbrainz detects more than one possible album.
. . . .- Bugfix: Autosave albumart to local storage.
. . . .- Bugfix: Check internet connection in max 3 sec.
. . . .- Bugfix: Find more info if artist/title tag contains (...)
. . . .- Bugfix: Set correct grab-tags-icons for urls at first run. Hoovers...
. . . .- Allow searchwords with leading - to define what should NOT be in searchresult.
. . . .- Search options are available from the search-dock.
Last edited by zigbert on Sun 07 Sep 2014, 02:59; edited 131 times in total
Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Location: Valåmoen, Norway
|Posted: Thu 10 Jul 2008, 17:51 Post subject:
If you fix a dynamic pixmap widget in gtkdialog, who knows what this dog are able to create
|HairyWill wrote: |
|video player next , will it do fullscreen |
Joined: 28 Nov 2005
Location: Maine, USA
|Posted: Thu 10 Jul 2008, 21:06 Post subject:
zigbert is "The Man"!!!!!!!!!
(Closely related to Clapton is God)
Asus eeepc 1005HA PU1X-BK
Frugal install: Puppeee4.31 + 1.0, Puppy4.10 + Lupu52
Currently using Slacko AND lupu52 w/ fluxbox
Joined: 10 Aug 2007
|Posted: Thu 10 Jul 2008, 22:34 Post subject:
Takk skal du ha Zigbert!
this is a really great start. I like the features, and mostly it seemed to work ok for me.
BUG: when in the add songs dialog, X windows (JWM) froze both times. I could still ctrl+alt+backspace to drop into the command line and restart x.
I also thought it might be interesting to compare some performance stats. My machine is a Fujitsu Lifebook B2131, 400 MHz, 192 MB ram.
Pmusic: ffmpeg, aplay and gtk3dialog take 21% ram & 17% cpu
Gxine: takes 83% mem & 30% cpu (with visualization OFF!!)
So, it looks like Pmusic will be a real winner on my dated hardware, as soon as some bugs have been worked out..
Just out of curiosity I thought I should try with DSL too..
xmms: 0-1% cpu, 3.4% mem
He he, I already knew at some level that DSL is what I boot when I need every last ounce of cpu power for processing rather than eye candy
Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Location: Castelnaudary, south France, World Capital of Cassoulet
|Posted: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 02:07 Post subject:
Just to report a bug,
I installed Pmusic and called it from the multimedia menu entry, started OK
I took File, open song/playlist.
I chose the song I wanted and pressed the add button
At this point the system locked up. Mouse still moved but I could not click anything. I did a ctrl/alt/backspace to exit X and restart X
On reopening Pmusic, the song I had chosen was in the playlist. Now doing the same operation it works!
Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Location: Castelnaudary, south France, World Capital of Cassoulet
|Posted: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 02:08 Post subject:
Zigbert, I've been playing with Pmusic and I'm liking it.
A suggestion, could you get it to open complete directories?
Unlike you, I do store my music by Artist/Album/song directories and it is great to be able to select the album and all songs are added to the playlist and start playing. Xine-UI has this feature but Gxine doesn't.
Joined: 06 Oct 2007
|Posted: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 07:10 Post subject:
Subject description: testing
Pmusic working OK in puppy 4, there is slight pause when i opened
mtpaint for taking screenshot. i hope it will be further improved with some more testing.
|| 360.57 KB
|| 15079 Time(s)
Joined: 29 Mar 2006
Location: Valåmoen, Norway
|Posted: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 07:25 Post subject:
Thanks for the link to lamip, but I will try first to see if we can succeed with ffmpeg | aplay, since these already are in puppy.
Index time: Without tags my 18000 songs are indexed in seconds, with tags, I don't know - many hours I guess.
Takk for cpu-test.
Good to know that Pmusic aren't too hungry for resources.
Does it freeze every time? I can't reproduce it, so please test more and give as much details as possible. Your wish about indexing directories should be possible, but not with the current Pmusic-environment. I put it on the wish-list, but remember, that you can still use the 'open' dialog and add songs to playlist. Maybe the solution is to enhance this dialog rather than the add-dialog. Another solution could be to make a builtin browser (like the one in Pburn) in the add-dialog.
I guess the pause could be avoided with some kind of buffer, or to give ffmpeg higher priority.
Joined: 05 May 2007
Location: Ontario Canada,Sydney Australia
|Posted: Fri 11 Jul 2008, 08:20 Post subject:
Looks like a start to a beautiful friendship Excellent starting point and if I know you, Which personally I don't lol But what I've seen of your track record you'll turn this into a default player for puppy
I also listen to a lot of Mp3's, What Features I like the most are
well with xmms I always use stream tuner, I really like listening to online radio. News, Music, from back home in Canada, So it would be great if future models might be able to play streaming music with a Favorite station list.
Also simple stuff like eq range from 15hz-40khz or ,maybe just a treble, midrange, and low control? Balance and volume equalizer. jeese while I'm at it why not included a online video stream player also to play asx files I guess maybe by version 1.5 or something
LOL sorry I couldn't resist, I'm very happy to see this project happen.
p.s how's that new front end for prozilla coming along LOL I know its on a list, just seen a spot open. LOL
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group