Probs with install a software unser wine

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
Peter Lustich

Probs with install a software unser wine

#1 Post by Peter Lustich »

High all there,

these are my first steps in Linux at all and iam trying to set up a system under Puppy for banking only. All thinks are happend where succesfully until i start the banking installation. This Prog is of course for win and Puppy seems to know that and start a installation by it self. But during the step to download several thinks from the inet a message occurse and sayd, that it can't find the 'ldconfig'.
Does anybody knows where the ldconfig is located in Puppy? Or is it an installation mistake from my site?.

thx in advance Peter

PS: and sorry for y root english, it's not my mothertoung

muggins

#2 Post by muggins »

Peter,

Entering which ldconfig gives me:

Code: Select all

# which ldconfig
/sbin/ldconfig
I haven't used wine much, but I thought if you had a windows installer for the program, like setup.exe, it would install itself. Have you successfully installed other windows programs with your wine installation?

lluamco

#3 Post by lluamco »

I think that ldconfig is included in the devx_xxx.sfs package (being xxx the puppy version). You can get it at the sfs section in ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/puppylinux/

Peter Lustich

#4 Post by Peter Lustich »

@muggins

the answer in my console looks like #[]
so i guess there ios no ldconfig at all, right?

and no, i hav'nt used wine anymore. These are my first steps in Linux.

@lluamco

thx 4 the link, thats the next step i try. I'll report whats happend.

thanx to all, Peter

Peter Lustich

#5 Post by Peter Lustich »

ok, i've downloaded the sfs file from your link and i've found the missing "ldconfig".
i am sorry 4 my stupid question, but what do i have zo do with this sfs-file to install or copy.
the includet paket-manager have no access to my harddisc.

please help me again....

the peter

lluamco

#6 Post by lluamco »

The use of sfs files depends on which kind of puppy installation you have (frugal or normal). I presume that it will be easier for you to have a pet package for ldconfig. Here is the ldconfig pet corresponding to puppy 4 Dingo. You only need to download it and click on it. I hope that helps.

Peter Lustich

#7 Post by Peter Lustich »

high lluamco,

many thx 4 your great package. And on the varius numbers of downloads show, that iam not the onlyone whith this prob. The package is defenetly a great solution.

cheers Peter