FatFreePuppy+hotpup+EZpup+Wbar one small detail [SOLVED]

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
prit1

#21 Post by prit1 »

@wolfwatcher51: Actually you can create a new script under /usr/sbin called "exitprompt" And all you need in that script is

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh

killall X
Chmod the file to 755 to make it executable.

Now modify the plogout script to call /usr/sbin/exitprompt.
[url=http://macpup.org][b]Macpup - The beauty of linux[/b][/url] [b] | [/b] [url=http://pritlog.com/][b]Pritlog - Simple blog app[/b][/url]

big_bass

#22 Post by big_bass »

wolfwatcher51 wrote:Hello Big Bass,

EDIT woops...I ran the recovery pet.

Actually I had a ffpuppy install good to go until I ran the jwm [repair] pet, thinking it was for something else, big mistake. Messed up my puppy. I have another thread on it, but it seems to have run out of steam.

So, in the mean time, I renamed the pupsave file in the first ff and did another ff puppy install to another partition. Basically, starting from scratch/fresh.

After several tries, and erasing the pupsave file each time to get a fresh start, I got the above packages installed. Looks good and works. Only problem is the two gear icon on taskbar and it's window that opens very small at reboot. Is this the jwm entry referred to in another thread, where they had to make a fake bar in jwm or something like that?

What do you suggest I do now? Thanks in advance, Chris.
you used the recovery pet and your system had problems?

logically if you replace modified files with the originals from the live CD
and that makes it worse your problem is elsewhere

I did not write some special script I just copied the original files from the live CD
to overwrite any modifications that could have been written to your configuration

a simple look with tkdiff will prove they are the original unedited files

thanks WhoDo for the wbar and ice help

also all testing of themes or experimental jwm configurations
should be tested puppy pfix=ram
that would save you alot of time with problems
because debugging is isolated to only what you install at the moment

P.S I really like the the themes that WhoDo did and all of his pets/pups have worked correctly on my machine

big_bass