pBurn 4.3.19

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
disciple

#301 Post by disciple »

BTW I've looked into it, and you shouldn't worry about VCD1.0 (as there is an extremely small probability someone won't be able to play VCD2), or XVCD (as most players won't play it, just computers, in which case you might as well just put the files straight on disc).
Just do VCD2 and SVCD (I have no idea what would be good bitrate choices for SVCD - how did you decide for DVD?).

You put still image support into your DVD making, and I noticed here that VCD's DO support still images as well, but I don't know if vcdimager can do it or not.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

zigbert

#302 Post by zigbert »

There is a ffmpeg parameter -target pal-svcd. This manage bitrate/frames/... Very handy.

Images are first converted to video-stream, so I guess that shouldn't be too much trouble. I will look on VCD/SVCD for 1.8.0.

Sigmund

disciple

#303 Post by disciple »

Anything else????
There are only two other features that I think would be nice. The first is the ability to do

Code: Select all

pburn somefile someotherfile somefolder
to start pburn with somefile, someotherfile and somefolder in the burn list. Similarly, it would be great if you could start pfind with

Code: Select all

pfind somefolder
to use somefolder as the search path :)

The (more useful) second feature is a field for the search path on the search tab. I don't know about other people, but I think I've only ever needed to search my whole filesystem twice, but I also don't search the same path repeatedly. So choosing a search path isn't really an advanced search feature, it is a simple feature that I use every time, and it would really make sense to have the path in all the "simple" search guis - in the main pburn gui, the simple pfind gui, the pfind results gui, etc.

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

zigbert

#304 Post by zigbert »

Version 1.7.0
See main post

estolyj

trouble starting the burn

#305 Post by estolyj »

I don't understand what i'm doing wrong. I load all the files, i click the fire, then make it a finalized session, then click the other fire burner cd in the lower right hand box. Nothing starts at all, I'm running dingo, ungraded or rather installed all the required files for 1.70, as 1.50 had the same problem.
Any help would be lovely,
Thanks,
Stoly

zigbert

#306 Post by zigbert »

What happens if don't 'Finalize' ?

estolyj

*shrug*

#307 Post by estolyj »

perhaps its one of two problems. no temp storage.
and maybe because trying to burn through a usb external drive.

estolyj

and no real change.

#308 Post by estolyj »

must be sincce its else where.
oh well. theres always windos.

cool lookn program tho with much simplicity!

dinky

#309 Post by dinky »

Great program, I'm loving it. I'm using it with TigerPup (Puppy 3.01).

Only issue is that I can't seem to blank dvd RW disc's... any thoughts on what I can try? Will burn them fine, and detect the discs, but nothing happens when I choose 'erase'. Thanks

zigbert

#310 Post by zigbert »

dinky
In the blank-dialog, there is an advanced section, that shows the blank command (depend on Pburn version). What does it show, AND do you know what command you usually use to blank you DVDs. Have you tried both 'fast' and 'complete' mode?

Sigmund

dinky

#311 Post by dinky »

Hi Zigbert. I click on the blank CD/DVD-rw, and nothing happens, no dialogue at all. In the past I've used pburn 0.4 to blank dvd's, and that worked fine. No idea what the command was. Thanks!
~dinky

Nathan F

#312 Post by Nathan F »

The VISIBLE_ISO variable is not getting set when trying to blank a disk, which causes the failure because there is no value to the <visible></visible> tags. When I manually plug a value in there I get a dialog window with a bunch of extra tabs all marked Unnamed, with options not related to blanking at all. Basically every possible tab for that window is showing up in the blanking dialog rather than the 3(?) which really should be.

In looking at the code it looks like you are storing the description for each tab in a variable (GUI_BURN, GUI_BLANK, GUI_COPY, etc.) and need to zero out some variables when the blank option is chosen to get rid of those extra tabs.

Hope this helps. Sorry I can't be more specific right now or provide a patch, really busy tonight.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

zigbert

#313 Post by zigbert »

Version 1.8.0 is uploaded
See main post

dinky

#314 Post by dinky »

See, this is why I love Puppy, would take hours for me tifigure all that out..lol. Thanks people. Will give this a try later, hopefully can make 1.8.0 default in TigerPup. Also, REALLY excited by the shrink/copy dvd option. I hope it comes out soon!!! There has been nothing to replace k9copy from kde in puppy, and would be awesome if this could happen from pburn. Keep up the good work!
~dinky

disciple

#315 Post by disciple »

"Video Disc" is grayed out in Dingo with vcdimager - presumably you are checking for DVDauthor, but not for vcdimager?

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

zigbert

#316 Post by zigbert »

disciple wrote:"Video Disc" is grayed out in Dingo
Yes, you're right.

Sigmund

dionicio

cheksum worries

#317 Post by dionicio »

"growisofs is a frontend of mkisofs and cdrecord. It means it can't do anything else than combine mkisofs with a pipe to cdrecord. It also autodetect settings for multisession, and set other options (as burnfree) as default.

But to your case. Do I understand you right: Copy a disk with growisofs, and the new copy is bigger than the original. Copy with cdrecord, both are equal.

Are you into this enough to give us an example and show us the commands with growisofs and mkisofs/cdrecord."

Sigmund, sorry it is until now that I go on with this...

Allow me to use this real-time kernel distro as an example:
ubuntustudio-8.04-alternate-i386.iso
size: 1 153 828 864 bytes
md5sum: 55e4d7be543b0a228c36718b90a6e6d6

Using default burning options on a DVD+R:
growisofs -speed=4 -dvd-compat -Z /dev/hda="/mnt/sda7/ubuntustudio/ubuntustudio-8.04-alternate-i386.iso"
making a dd copy gives this file properties:
size: 1 153 859 584 bytes
md5sum: b70f6d9e22ed468a4217f6b72f62cd2c

Using default burning options on a DVD-R:
growisofs -speed=4 -dvd-compat -Z /dev/hda="/mnt/sda7/ubuntustudio/ubuntustudio-8.04-alternate-i386.iso"
size: 1 153 859 584 bytes
md5sum: b70f6d9e22ed468a4217f6b72f62cd2c

Using edited burning options on a DVD-R:
cdrecord -dao dev=ATAPI:/dev/hda "/mnt/sda7/ubuntustudio/ubuntustudio-8.04-alternate-i386.iso"
size: 1 153 828 864 bytes
md5sum: 55e4d7be543b0a228c36718b90a6e6d6

Only using the classic cdrecord without burnfree renders the same
original size and checksum.

Is this important?

disciple

#318 Post by disciple »

It interesting that you get the same size every time (well at least twice) with growisofs.

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

zigbert

#319 Post by zigbert »

dionicio wrote:Only using the classic cdrecord without burnfree renders the same
original size and checksum.
Does this mean that turning on burnfree gives the difference. Growisofs turns burnfree on by default.

nice report!!!
Sigmund

disciple

#320 Post by disciple »

Apparently if you don't eject the disc after burning you won't find the correct checksum.
Presumably that isn't your problem?

You seemed to imply the problem is just with DVD media. Is that correct, or is it just that you only use DVD media?

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER