lxpanel-0.2.9.0 window manager panel

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
plinej

#21 Post by plinej »

I'm not sure. I use it all the time myself (openbox + lxpanel) but haven't tried to do that. I much prefer the network plugin already included rather than blinky anyway. There is also a battery plugin already included.

Nathan F

#22 Post by Nathan F »

http://grafpup.org/packages/2.0/blinky_tray-0.8.tar.gz
This is Blinky patched to use eggtray, which allows it to show up in any standard system tray. I have the source somewhere, but it would take some digging. But since it's such a simple program I imagine it would run fine in Dingo, even though it was compiled in Grafpup. Good luck.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

kirk

#23 Post by kirk »

I much prefer the network plugin already included rather than blinky anyway. There is also a battery plugin already included.
The network plugin seems to only look at eth0 on my laptop and eth0 is down. I'm using eth1, which is my wireless card. Also seems to crash the panel sometimes when I try to add it. Battery plug-in works.
This is Blinky patched to use eggtray, which allows it to show up in any standard system tray. I have the source somewhere, but it would take some digging. But since it's such a simple program I imagine it would run fine in Dingo, even though it was compiled in Grafpup.
Had to put in a symlink, but works. If you happen to find the source that would be great. Now if I can get freememapplet into the tray, this would be a direct replacement for JWM. I was looking for a JWM replacement because of JWM's full screen bug with Gxine and Flash. Openbox doesn't have the full screen problems and the latest flash9 works great with it. Was thinking about updating my fatdog sfs file with it if Barry sticks with JWM.

Thanks guys

Nathan F

#24 Post by Nathan F »

Now if I can get freememapplet into the tray,
http://grafpup.org/packages/2.0/freemem ... 2.1.tar.gz

Grafpup-2.00 used an earlier version of lxpanel, so there's a few handy solutions hanging around. There are a couple other mods to the source on this one, however. I think MU had a more "pristine" version somewhere, maybe on dotpups.de?

Oh, and a couple of these things were used in 2.15ce also, which used Icewm rather than jwm.

Nathan
Bring on the locusts ...

kirk

#25 Post by kirk »

Thanks, that works nice.
Attachments
screen-shot.jpeg
(93.38 KiB) Downloaded 1135 times

Eyes-Only

#26 Post by Eyes-Only »

Nice Kirk! Very, very nice! Man sakes alive we have some down-right gorgeous desktops and window managers around this place! Makes a person's eyes bulge :shock: and their head nearly spin!

I use LXPanel/Sawfish/Rox-filer on my Linux Mint to make up my default desktop rather than use the Gnome that comes with it. Talk about speed! (I was using FBPanel but liked LXPanel better.)

Thanks for sharing that shot Kirk!

Amicalement,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

GrinningLeopard

#27 Post by GrinningLeopard »

Very nice panel, looks great with wbar and set to transparent. :) Don't suppose anyone has an apm version of the battery plugin though? Using alltray at the moment to dock asapm - not very tidy!

cheers, and thanks
GL

magerlab

#28 Post by magerlab »

i can not start the newest lxpanel in puppy 3.01
got error : symbol lookup errror undefined symbol: g_once_init_enter_imp

plinej

#29 Post by plinej »

This was compiled in Puppy 4

magerlab

#30 Post by magerlab »

yes, i know that but previous versions work fine in puppy 3.01 also

i'm testing what is best for me and it seems that openbox with lxpanel is a good combo (gxine works fine in full screen mode and russian letters are displayed good in openbox) also transparent look is nice!
and it's very fast on old pentiuim2 :P
what command must i add to the menu of lxpanel( or open box) to have "exit to prompt" option?
or may be it's just possible to make a button in rox with script for exiting?
i also found an intersting way to use a second tray in jwm so i use it sometimes and learn how to tweak it :oops:
l
thank you again plinej for supporting this topic!
also i saw this while searching in google
http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Desktop- ... 18365.shtm
is it a newest version?

plinej

#31 Post by plinej »

There have been newer releases but I keep getting seg faults with them. I'm going to try again to compile the newest version probably next week.

AnewJeff

Help adding Education category to LXpanel

#32 Post by AnewJeff »

Plinej,

I've added some educational apps, and I'd like for them to be listed within their own Menu-category.

MU was kind enough to help me with icewm & jwm, but he suggested I ask you about adding it to LXpanel (since I'm using it over Muppy Panel).

See Thread:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 768#229768

Thank you in advance.

Jeff

MU

#33 Post by MU »

It might be better, to begin a new thread for a new testversion with XDG menu support:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 784#229784

Mark
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=173456#173456]my recommended links[/url]

yim

#34 Post by yim »

have been running lxpanel along with latest post of openbox and change theme in gtk themes chooser and lxpanel crashed no it seg faults , no errors

it tries to start , get grey bar for a split second then dies

go figure

running 4.0 dingo full install

yim