What version of Ndiswrapper is there in Puppy 4?

lopus

What version of Ndiswrapper is there in Puppy 4?

#1 Post by lopus »

It would be intresting to have a list on versionnumbers and/or modifications of the preinstalled aps in puppy 4.

Ok, maybe there already exist such a list and I havn't found it or there are more important work to do. Anyway, you are free to tell me about the list or maybe someone restless with nothing to do could write a list.

Well, if anyone are reading this and sitts with their puppy 4 on their lap, then it would be great if you checked the ndiswrapper version and wrote it here. :)

Cheers!

alienjeff

Re: What version of Ndiswrapper is there in Puppy 4?

#2 Post by alienjeff »

lopus wrote:It would be intresting to have a list on versionnumbers and/or modifications of the preinstalled aps in puppy 4.
Did you read the Release Notes?
Well, if anyone are reading this and sitts with their puppy 4 on their lap, then it would be great if you checked the ndiswrapper version and wrote it here. :)
The command line is your friend. Click on the console icon and type: ndiswrapper -v
[size=84][i]hangout:[/i] ##b0rked on irc.freenode.net
[i]diversion:[/i] [url]http://alienjeff.net[/url] - visit The Fringe
[i]quote:[/i] "The foundation of authority is based upon the consent of the people." - Thomas Hooker[/size]

lopus

Re: What version of Ndiswrapper is there in Puppy 4?

#3 Post by lopus »

alienjeff wrote:
lopus wrote:It would be intresting to have a list on versionnumbers and/or modifications of the preinstalled aps in puppy 4.
Did you read the Release Notes?
The command line is your friend. Click on the console icon and type: ndiswrapper -v
I'm not sitting on puppy 4.0 myself but on 3.01 witch, part from my wireless zonet zew1502 pc card, works great!

My Ndiswrapperversion seems to be 1.48. What version is it in 4.0?

I don't want to test and upgrade to 4.0 unless it has a later version. Otherwise I think 3.01 works great for me and I don't like to change something that already works fine.

Thank you for replying!:)

By the way, there is two resons that I use puppy linux, one is that it made my old brick useful again and, the other is that it has a god active forum with a nice atmosphere! :) keep it going!

John Doe

#4 Post by John Doe »

from 4.0:

Code: Select all

# ndiswrapper -v
utils version: '1.9', utils version needed by module: '1.9'
module details:
filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.25/misc/ndiswrapper.ko
version:        1.52
vermagic:       2.6.25 SMP mod_unload 486 

lopus

#5 Post by lopus »

John Doe wrote:from 4.0:

Code: Select all

# ndiswrapper -v
utils version: '1.9', utils version needed by module: '1.9'
module details:
filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.25/misc/ndiswrapper.ko
version:        1.52
vermagic:       2.6.25 SMP mod_unload 486 
Great, thanks for your quick reply. Ok, looks like the very latest version of ndiswrapper. Maybe I should try and give a shot at 4.0 and see if I have better luck with my zonet crap card in there. :P

alienjeff

#6 Post by alienjeff »

Dingo v4.00 final - Release Notes: http://puppylinux.com/download/release-4.00.htm
[size=84][i]hangout:[/i] ##b0rked on irc.freenode.net
[i]diversion:[/i] [url]http://alienjeff.net[/url] - visit The Fringe
[i]quote:[/i] "The foundation of authority is based upon the consent of the people." - Thomas Hooker[/size]

lopus

#7 Post by lopus »

alienjeff wrote:Dingo v4.00 final - Release Notes: http://puppylinux.com/download/release-4.00.htm
Thanks thats god info but there was nothing about aps like ndiswrapper, I already got an aswer on that question so ok but it's still not a complete list of the aps in 4.0. I guess it's to much to ask. It's a top notch linux dist anyway.