Posted: Mon 05 May 2008, 11:46 Post subject:
pupeee-b4 USB install Subject description: Fails to find pup_301-eee.sfs on boot-up from Ext3 partition on SDHS card
pupeee-b4 installed apparently successfully to Ext3 bootable partition on SDHS card using Puppy Installer. Restart from SDHS card begins OK (reads initrd.gz correctly from Ext3 partition) but then fails, message displayed:
pup_301.sfs not found (although the version of the file is actually named pup_301-eee.sfs and exists on the Ext3 partition).
remaining messages displayed:
Dropping out to initial-ramdisk console
/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
System then hangs. I have checked the install live CD and the pup_301-eee.sfs file is correctly named on there as well. Can anyone help
I was pretty sure that I had only attempted an install with pupeee-b4 but to be sure I have:
- recreated the pupeee-b4 install CD
- booted from the installed Xandros system and deleted all installed pupeee-b4 files on Ext3 partition(except extlinux.sys which would not delete, even in root mode). I also checked other partitions on the SD card for stray files, there were none
- therefore I re-formatted the Ext3 partion, leaving it bootable
- booted pupeee from the CD and tailored the Country/keyboard/language parameters etc (it is a French Eeee PC).
- Run the Puppy Installer to re-create the system on the Ext3 partition
- Exited pupeee (without saving my parameters, previously I had saved these to the Ext3 partition).
- Rebooted from the Ext3 partition and received exactly the same error messages as originally reported.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum