"Fire Hydrant 3.0" 192MB java, flash, firefox,Gimpshop,"

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
ttuuxxx

Re: Congratulations

#21 Post by ttuuxxx »

ttuuxxx wrote:
ecomoney wrote:Congratualations on your distro, it seems it is the first puppy three series derivative and obviously it works well. it sound as if you put a lot of hard work into it. I will download and give it a try. Theres a lot to be said for "fatter" puppies with everything just working.
Also here's what the new desktop look likes in 3.01 with the newly added icons, Xine, Pidgin, Galculator
Attachments
newdesktop.gif
(90.46 KiB) Downloaded 1240 times

TheNose100

Awash in with glee at firehydrant...

#22 Post by TheNose100 »

ttuuxxx wrote:
ttuuxxx wrote:
ecomoney wrote:Congratualations on your distro, it seems it is the first puppy three series derivative and obviously it works well. it sound as if you put a lot of hard work into it. I will download and give it a try. Theres a lot to be said for "fatter" puppies with everything just working.
Also here's what the new desktop look likes in 3.01 with the newly added icons, Xine, Pidgin, Galculator
I've DL the 3.01 version. I must say that I'm impressed with it. I'm going to have to put this one on one of my machines. Damn, almost everything is there that I want. I'm going to have to figure out how to hook an EVDO modem to it. Also. Does your default music player have support for podcasts? - I'm still new to Linux, so having all of the things installed like you did, really REALLY helps. FWIW, I loaded up the live CD of 3.01, and it worked as expected. I didn't have any wi-fi around to test that end of things, but that's ok. I'll have a chance soon enough. Oh, and this was on a Toshiba Satellite A45 that I tried it on.

-Randy

ttuuxxx

Re: Congratulations

#23 Post by ttuuxxx »

ecomoney wrote:Congratulations on your distro, it seems it is the first puppy three series derivative and obviously it works well. it sound as if you put a lot of hard work into it. I will download and give it a try. Theres a lot to be said for "fatter" puppies with everything just working.
Hi I've been reading your forums, your build is usually on 2.15ce, i was wondering why not switch to Fire Hydrant, it works better then ever and I'm constantly upgrading it, the only problem i have is Xvesa and that it doesn't work, its a puppy 3.0 flaw, when you remaster, at no fault of my own. Other than that Xorg works perfectly and s-video, etc. You said earlier you would try it out, well what did you think? I'm always open to suggestions. Well thanks for your time, ttuuxxx

Ps in the future I'll be implementing numerous ideas and changes that i've already worked out. Until then enjoy:)

ttuuxxx

Backgrouds for Fire Hydrant

#24 Post by ttuuxxx »

2 new backgrounds same background, different Fire Hydrant, tell me what you think?
Attachments
firehydrant2-1024x768.png
(126.89 KiB) Downloaded 1001 times
firehydrant3.png
(128.3 KiB) Downloaded 986 times

darrelljon

#25 Post by darrelljon »

The first one's great, the second one spoils it.

ronsteptx

Fire Hydrant

#26 Post by ronsteptx »

Is the Fire Hydrant download a Live CD?

ttuuxxx

Re: Fire Hydrant

#27 Post by ttuuxxx »

ronsteptx wrote:Is the Fire Hydrant download a Live CD?
Its a live Cd or you can install it to just about anything, hard drives, usb sticks, etc

thanks ttuuxxx

pedro

#28 Post by pedro »

Hi
Very interesting project, congratulations!
About the xvesa problem will you be able to fix it soon?Is this problem still not fixed in 3.01?I have a toshiba laptop with a ati card and the only way to work with it is with xvesa.
Thanks
Pedro

nic2109

#29 Post by nic2109 »

darrelljon wrote:The first one's great, the second one spoils it.
I agree. Drop the dog.

Have you tried any of WhoDo's wonderful Themes? Golden Mood would work really well with this, though you might want to substitute your Start button icon. What to you think?

Puppy is always the same: just when I decide to stop experimenting and stick with just 1 or 2 versions someone comes up with a great new version and I just HAVE to try it! :lol:

ttuuxxx

thanks

#30 Post by ttuuxxx »

nic2109 wrote:
darrelljon wrote:The first one's great, the second one spoils it.
I agree. Drop the dog.

Have you tried any of WhoDo's wonderful Themes? Golden Mood would work really well with this, though you might want to substitute your Start button icon. What to you think?

Puppy is always the same: just when I decide to stop experimenting and stick with just 1 or 2 versions someone comes up with a great new version and I just HAVE to try it! :lol:

Hi thanks for the great feedback, I'll look at the Golden Mood theme, I can make a button to match just about anything, I like doing graphics, Keep a lookout for future releases, I've been debating on a few ideas, Like getting rid of xmms and xine, and replacing with audacious media player with the same sony skin, and VLC media player. The reason for this is because xmms is a dead project now and audacious is a replacement, all the skins and plugins work, and the reason for VLC is because well it works out of the box for streaming video, like real media and windows media. Also it can be skinned.
So what did you think of it darrelljon is it a keeper, anything you would like added or changed? Thanks for your time
ttuuxxx

jameson737

3.01a still has problem playing sound with daily motion

#31 Post by jameson737 »

3.01a still has problem playing sound with daily motion

on firefox:
The flash video is running but no sound, This applies to daily motion and other sites that uses flv streaming

ttuuxxx

Re: 3.01a still has problem playing sound with daily motion

#32 Post by ttuuxxx »

jameson737 wrote:3.01a still has problem playing sound with daily motion

on firefox:
The flash video is running but no sound, This applies to daily motion and other sites that uses flv streaming
I've been working on the next release, it will have the latest, Firefox, flash, java, galculator, gslapt, pfind, oh ya xvesa should work also and a few new surprises, but i never had a problem with flash audio? could you give me a link to the problem sound so i may check it? Hopefully the next release will be ready in 24hrs, I just have a lot of testing to do first. Thanks for you time ttuuxxx

TrailerTrash

#33 Post by TrailerTrash »

I just downloaded the latest FH and think it will be the one which is right for me however I have a newbie question.

MD5 I know what this is but I do not know how to use the file. Do I open a console to some directory then type in the number or what?

Then does a number come back which is supposed to be the same?

Then if I find that the download is incomplete, what then???

I told you it was a newbie question. In reply please do not take anything for granted except that my copy of XP is for the pinball game only.

tks

big_bass

#34 Post by big_bass »

TrailerTrash wrote: MD5 I know what this is but I do not know how to use the file. Do I open a console to some directory then type in the number or what?

Then does a number come back which is supposed to be the same?
I'll make it easier for you

1.) open console
2) type this in blue md5sum *.iso
3.) the firehydrant .iso has to be in root for that to work
4.) there are a few firehydrant's so check the number and see if it matches

to check the md5sum if it matches one of these at this site below
http://ttuuxxx.com/firehydrant/index01.html

if the numbers match your cd is an exact copy
if they dont match download again

Fire Hydrant 3.01c FH_Jwm3.01c.iso 117MB No Java ...MD5#
37f95349ce90750f185d10143f0d58ab

Fire Hydrant 3.0b featherweight3.0b.iso 131MB No Java ...MD5 #
ce14d8db0f00334498cc9dc04749e9ad

Fire Hydrant 3.0b FHmainAbi3.0b.iso 205MB Abiword .....MD5#
d4df5b34bf5e81c8fa339922b6966f55

Fire Hydrant 3.0b FHmainOoffice3.0b.iso 270MB Open Office MD5#
58a857451e9c1854b30c5cf72c19b411

Fire Hydrant 3.0b Inferno3.0b.iso 447Mb Out house sink incuded! MD5#
b21d604b454648bdf9f2d5eb681bd00d

big_bass

n1n31nchn41l5

#35 Post by n1n31nchn41l5 »

is there ANYWHER i can download the firehydrant inferno .iso - been trying for DAYS and the link isGONE :(

recycler

installing firehydrant

#36 Post by recycler »

Firstly - still loving firehydrant. Have sent 2 computers out from our computer recycling centre- PII desktops with 128mb of ram and I was very impressed with their performance at running the FHmain with Abi (117mb) version.

I am struggling with firehydrant on a laptop with unusual video hardware (Toshiba Presage 3110). I found on the forum http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 6&start=15
that I am not alone in having the computer hang while probing video hardware on old toshiba laptops. There is a fix available which is in the Beta Puppy4 version which I tried. Could I request that this fix be incorporated into the next (eagerly awaited) version of firehydrant. I would love to run firehydrant on the toshiba laptop but but for now will be content that it is running puppy 3.98.
[i][quote] [/quote]
[/i]Puppy 412 and 430

vito

Singh-Dingo

#37 Post by vito »

Hello to the developer of Fire Hydrant,

I have used your version together with TMXxine on an old AMD 750MHz box with 336 mb memory. I have been intrigued by Charni-Singh's remaster of Dingo.

However, A. his iso is corrupt and his save file interesting, and B. Due to his circumstances of a slow connection and power outages, he seems to have lost steam and initiative to go forward with his plans to remaster the Dingo final version.

Question: would you consider looking at what he has done and the apps he has included to make a new version of Fire Hydrant based on the Dingo final release with whatever kernel version works for you?

By the way all of the versions of Dingo worked for me right up until the SC version when the wireless drivers changed and stopped working, also, I have been unable to boot the .21.7 kernel version of Dingo.

Thanks For Your Work in Bringing Out Fire Hydrant,
Vito

vito

Flash

#38 Post by vito »

For some reason every puppy I have tried either provides jerky playback or freezing when playing flash media on sites like youtube. Have you had any luck in addressing this issue?

Mny Thx,
Vito

prit1

#39 Post by prit1 »

@vito: What are the puppies you have tried? I have used and am still using several versions and never have had this issue.

ttuuxxx

#40 Post by ttuuxxx »

n1n31nchn41l5 wrote:is there ANYWHER i can download the firehydrant inferno .iso - been trying for DAYS and the link isGONE :(
yes the link is
http://www.puppylinux.ca/ttuuxxx/firehy ... no3.0b.iso
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)