Thanks...

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
rockaway

Thanks...

#1 Post by rockaway »

Hi,
Thank you guys for giving me such a nice suggestions for all my problems.you gave me satisfactory answers which has improved my machine working ability a lot and now am happy as my machine is working in the way as i wanted it to work a small help i again needed from you all.When I am trying to open some forums they are not getting opened at all.I thought it was a problem with my service provider i complaint the net provider about the net speed i am getting in return he told me that the service from his end is uninterrupted and no such cable problem.
So to check the truth in his statement I tried in other machine and the forum got opened.So is it the problem with my machine?When everything is working in absolutely fine then what is making it slow down?

disciple

#2 Post by disciple »

It has been very slow at times lately, so if you were to compare machines, you would have to use both at the same time.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

rockaway

#3 Post by rockaway »

Friend I didn't get you can you please explain me what you want to tell me.

Pizzasgood

#4 Post by Pizzasgood »

He means that the speed of this forum changes. It might be running normally one moment, and very slowly just an hour later. So to get an accurate comparison you would have to try visiting it on both machines at the same time (within minutes of eachother).

I also occasionally have a problem viewing the forum. Especially over the last week or so, I'll click a link but it gives me a blank page. It happened when I first tried visiting the forum ten minutes ago.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

WhoDo

#5 Post by WhoDo »

Pizzasgood wrote:I also occasionally have a problem viewing the forum. Especially over the last week or so, I'll click a link but it gives me a blank page. It happened when I first tried visiting the forum ten minutes ago.
Me too. I've found hitting the refresh a few times will eventually load the page properly, though.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#6 Post by Flash »

Me too. It only happened to me a few times, and hasn't happened to me in the last few days. Maybe John did something or it fixed itself.

WhoDo

#7 Post by WhoDo »

Flash wrote:Me too. It only happened to me a few times, and hasn't happened to me in the last few days. Maybe John did something or it fixed itself.
Spoke too soon, Flash. It just happened to me again in the last 30 secs. This time 20 pumps on refresh button did no good. I had to go back to the index page and repeat my search. *sigh*
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]

rockaway

#8 Post by rockaway »

Friends I was facing the problem with some more forums too but whodo told this time I am facing problem in opening this one too.What do you say friends shall we inform this to moderator about the problem in opening forum?

rockaway

#9 Post by rockaway »

No one replied friends I need your majority.But before is anybody still facing it as I haven't faced it today.

WhoDo

#10 Post by WhoDo »

rockaway wrote:What do you say friends shall we inform this to moderator about the problem in opening forum?
Relax, rockaway. Flash, who mentioned he too has noticed the problem, is also a Moderator. I'm sure he will advise the forum's owner of the problem soon enough.

Cheers,

rockaway

#11 Post by rockaway »

ok who do as you say.....