Teenpup 2008 X

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
hundhour

Teenpup 2008 X

#1 Post by hundhour »

I am experimenting with using Citrix Application to take remote control of an XP workstation from the Teenpup Desktop, using Firefox.

It seems to work fine, except I can't seem to figure out how to make the jwm or icewm desktops hide (allow the application to extend over) the menu bar at the bottom.

Also is it possible to have the appliction not produce scrollbars at the right and bottom?

Thanks for any pointers.

Also BTW, teenpup has been a God send! Thank you for all your hard work on Puppy and Teenpup!

hundhour

Teenpup2008: Jwm Autohide found

#2 Post by hundhour »

Hi,

I found the solution I was looking for... I was able to edit /root/.jwmrc-tray and set autohide to true - now it works exactly as I wanted and that's one less use for Winblows that I have.

Sorry to bother you all - keep up the great work!

Eyes-Only

#3 Post by Eyes-Only »

No bother at all our friend! :) By the way: You can do the same thing with IceWM as it's in the "preferences" file found in "/root/.icewm". To find that you'll open Rox and press on the "eye" icon on the menubar as that will allow you to see "dotfiles/dotfolders", or "hidden files and folders". ;)

Just clicking upon "preferences" should load the file in Geany or Leafpad.

Where you've already solved this with JWM you'll probably want to stick with that but I just throw this in "just in case". Some of us like IceWM more as you can do more with it and there are so many themes for it, but JWM is sure catching up!

Best of luck---and "bother" us more often, okie? ;)

Amicalement/In friendship,

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*